Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LA/KE/NH/SQ/etc: SCL-MAD-ICN/OKA-SYD-SCL in Biz $3000 USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Fare basis: IEXEV6GB

15,669 mpm. Circumference of the Earth is about 24,900 miles.

Making this an almost perfect rtw (technically)

Use the Where to Credit Calculator to easily check the mileage earning here especially with the crazy number of carrier combinations possible!
So far, I've seen combinations on the following carriers: LA/CX/KE/OZ/QF/CI/NH/SQ/NU/JL/JJ/AZ/IB
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Great find! Will play around.
Your example has some pretty crazy Alaska earnings: almost 82k miles as MVP gold!
Old Dec 31, 2017, 12:16 pm

Can someone chime in on the layover for SIN, SYD, and AKL? Risky?
price123 and brizone like this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:14 pm

base on my experience on the econ one, JNB should work as transit too with IB to EK/SQ/CX. this is basically the biz version of the econ one, so check that thread for inspiration
SqKiwi likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beyounged
base on my experience on the econ one, JNB should work as transit too with IB to EK/SQ/CX. this is basically the biz version of the econ one, so check that thread for inspiration
Good catch. Didn't know about the econ fare, but found the thread here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mile...hnd-570-a.html
Old Dec 31, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by IAkH
Good catch. Didn't know about the econ fare, but found the thread here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mile...hnd-570-a.html
Been trying to insert PPT in the routing of this fare. Anyone thinks it is possible? I have not found any combo that would comply with allowed carriers and flight numbers.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Been trying to insert PPT in the routing of this fare. Anyone thinks it is possible? I have not found any combo that would comply with allowed carriers and flight numbers.
highly doubt it, as that requires TN to PPT, which is not allowed on this ticket, so also no IPC. but anything else appears to be fair game.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Has anyone been able to pull this one with more ONEWORLD airlines, i wanna credit all of this into LATAM that does not have any credits besides Oneworld and Alaska
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: NZ
I spent a long time looking at this fare a couple of months ago. It is a mileage fare allowing a wide range of carriers. You don't have to go RTW - you can travel via OZ/NZ both ways (which is what I was looking at). I was able to get a routing with all OW carriers though if you plan to credit to AS MVP then SQ, KE are fine. This fare is tailor made for AS MVP!

ITA finds the most amazing itineraries but the difficulty is getting an OTA to quote the itinerary you want. seks - would be interested to know if you have been able to price your itinerary with an OTA. It is an LA fare and the LA site is hopeless at this kind of itinerary. I suspect that a friendly Travel Agent is the way to go. Also the more stops you add the more expensive it gets as only one is free. Also works to NRT/HND/KIX.

Minimum 10 days/ Maximum 1 year
Changes USD250
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by beyounged
highly doubt it, as that requires TN to PPT, which is not allowed on this ticket, so also no IPC. but anything else appears to be fair game.
There are few codeshares I found for TN (AA,KE,DL...) and have not seen anything preventing them in fare rules/routings ... not sure why its then pricing at 8-15K USD.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:29 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by PABLOCO
Has anyone been able to pull this one with more ONEWORLD airlines, i wanna credit all of this into LATAM that does not have any credits besides Oneworld and Alaska
Force routing thru LHR and you will get LA/BA. Crummy biz product on BA though. Or force GRU-LHR-DOH and you can have Qatar. Looks like only first outbound flight and last return into/out of S America needs to be on LA.

Last edited by stephem; Jan 1, 2018 at 11:52 am
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by minz56

ITA finds the most amazing itineraries but the difficulty is getting an OTA to quote the itinerary you want. seks - would be interested to know if you have been able to price your itinerary with an OTA. It is an LA fare and the LA site is hopeless at this kind of itinerary. I suspect that a friendly Travel Agent is the way to go. Also the more stops you add the more expensive it gets as only one is free. Also works to NRT/HND/KIX.

Minimum 10 days/ Maximum 1 year
Changes USD250
I will get a hold of a TA and see if he's willing.

So far, the only stopover I've been able to find is just ICN.

I also have to look at positioning at SCL, so technically 2 stops: SCL and ICN.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by seks
I will get a hold of a TA and see if he's willing.

So far, the only stopover I've been able to find is just ICN.

I also have to look at positioning at SCL, so technically 2 stops: SCL and ICN.
Thanks and good luck!
One thing - if you are planning to credit to AS MVP then the EK flights will not credit as the ticket will not be issued on EK stock (as required by MVP for EK flights)
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:03 pm

Here is a simple itinerary going via SYD both ways:

https://www.momondo.co.nz/flightsear...e&currency=USD

You can jazz it up to route via AKL, HKG etc but the fare goes up as only one free stop is allowed.
SFOPeter likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by minz56
Here is a simple itinerary going via SYD both ways:

https://www.momondo.co.nz/flightsear...e&currency=USD

You can jazz it up to route via AKL, HKG etc but the fare goes up as only one free stop is allowed.
Nice one, but i cant pull it for other dates and with the stopover on Hong Kong.... I need to pull that same one but with a stopover on HKG from the 05/09 to the 05/16. If someone can will become my hero

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.