Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LA/KE/NH/SQ/etc: SCL-MAD-ICN/OKA-SYD-SCL in Biz $3000 USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LA/KE/NH/SQ/etc: SCL-MAD-ICN/OKA-SYD-SCL in Biz $3000 USD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:58 pm

Programs: Latam, Flying blue
Hi,
I have been trying to find a route from and to SCL including TYO and/or HKG, and/or SEL and PAR, from mid july to early september. This is shown on ITA for 3.360, and roughly the same on GF (which seems correct given the stopovers permitted), but I could not ticket it so far under 4.200 (tried many OTA and a couple of travel agents). Did anyone try a route including a long stay in europe? Or is it just not possible? For info that is what I was checking (cannot post links).
SCL-ICN jul-16 / GMP-HND jul 23 / HND-CDG aug 5 / CDG-SCL aug 29.
If someone has an answer.
Cheers,
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:22 pm

My goodness my head hurts looking at this...but I want to do this so bad.

I saw an all OW itinerary above... any of these create AA plat pro right off the bat, in the shortest time (no more than 8 hour layovers in each stop)? I'm a glutton for punishment.

Last edited by evotion; Jan 29, 2018 at 6:35 pm
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:15 pm

Yes, just book LATAM from SCL to MAD, then Iberia from MAD to ICN/NRT, then JL down to Australia, LATAM back to SCL and simply repeat two more times...... or just credit them to Alaska and do it once for MVP Gold
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:59 pm

This is the best a can find that suit into your itin... lot more expensive though...
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...A705;sc=b;eo=e

Alternatively I'd recommend you to do a SCL-SEL/TYO-HKG-PAR-SCL trip on this ticket... then buy a SEL-Japan OW which is just 2 hours with cost <100 for econ and ~450 for biz. I'd personally recommend doing a SEL-NGO/OSA, take a trip to osaka, historic castle nearby, then kyoto, then fuji, then tokyo haha
link is below:
https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...A705;sc=b;eo=e

Do note that the above are more from a vacation prospective... so routing is not necessarily yielding the best mileage lol

OHHHH nearly missed... to book it, try priceline:
https://www.priceline.com/m/fly/sear...id=11554367SID
easier to do if you replicate it in ITAMatrix then use bookwithmatrix to direct to priceline

Good luck~
palmanfr, raporot and z4017 like this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:37 am

Can anyone give an example of this flight with a stopover on the outbound leg? I can price it easily in ITA with no stopovers, and Expedia will price it with a stopover on the return leg, but so far no luck with a stopover outbound.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by prpilot17
Yes, just book LATAM from SCL to MAD, then Iberia from MAD to ICN/NRT, then JL down to Australia, LATAM back to SCL and simply repeat two more times...... or just credit them to Alaska and do it once for MVP Gold
IB cannot be credited to AS. They are not Partners. Take that out of your routing and you wouldn't even reach MVP on AS with a 25K AS+Partner EQM reqirement. AS MVPG requires 50K AS+Partner EQM. Also keep in mind that since July 1st last year there is no COS bonus on LA I fares.

James in Phoenix
Old Mar 23, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
For anyone trying to do the AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL routing there is exactly one LA flight per week between PPT and IPC. That flight departs at 3:00 am on Tuesday morning and there is a 5 hour time change between them in a short ~5 hour flight so arrival in IPC is around 1:00 pm local in IPC.

Most of the tours depart in the morning before you arrive.

James in Phoenix.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 9:49 pm

is this fare gone ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.