Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

"We got a new subforum -- I'm so happy/I'm so sad" DISCUSSION THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"We got a new subforum -- I'm so happy/I'm so sad" DISCUSSION THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Can we somehow include a Wiki with instructions to include basic relevant info in the thread title? e.g., Airline, Class (PE/Biz/First), A/I Price, RT or OW ?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:37 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by izzik
Can we somehow include a Wiki with instructions to include basic relevant info in the thread title? e.g., Airline, Class (PE/Biz/First), A/I Price, RT or OW ?
We just had this forum dumped into our laps this morning, without advance warning (and time to confer and make decisions). We'll be working on guidelines about what's to be posted where and in what formats. Please give us a few days.

--jpdx, MR Moderator
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by izzik
Or another way that the forum could work would be a simple statement made in this thread, like:

"UA / AA / DL XXX-YYY for $XXXX, see thread for details"

Then a similarly titled thread in the sub-forum could be created, where more specific details could be found.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:39 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jpdx
We just had this forum dumped into our laps this morning, without advance warning (and time to confer and make decisions). We'll be working on guidelines about what's to be posted where and in what formats. Please give us a few days.

--jpdx, MR Moderator

How so? I was under the impression that the TalkBoard had to vote on the creation of new forums. I did not see any discussion about this at all. How did this forum just "appear" out of nowhere?

BTW - not complaining. It was long overdue.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by fgirard
Or another way that the forum could work would be a simple statement made in this thread, like:

Then a similarly titled thread in the sub-forum could be created, where more specific details could be found.
This would be the optimal way IMHO^
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:59 pm
Suspended

A flyertalk script could just extract those details from the thread when it's created and auto-add it to this thread.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Far Siren
How so? I was under the impression that the TalkBoard had to vote on the creation of new forums. I did not see any discussion about this at all. How did this forum just "appear" out of nowhere?

BTW - not complaining. It was long overdue.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...own-forum.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...-subforum.html
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:49 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat

Clearly I was too busy booking premium mistakes fare to notice those threads

Thanks tcook052!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I'm glad to see this new thread created. The vast majority of posts were related to discussion of premium deals -- some helpful adding important/relevant details while others were purely commentary (like this one). I think this will be a more efficient use of folks' time.

Might I suggest the title of this thread be changed to "Discussion of Premium Deals" or "Premium Deals Underground"?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA GS, MM
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
It appears the powers that be have given us a full new subforum for premium fare deals. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/
Hooray!!! My prayers were answered!!! ^:-:^
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
I know it's off topic, but thank you!!!!

this new forum will make premium fare searches sooo much easier.
thanks
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
It appears the powers that be have given us a full new subforum for premium fare deals. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/
Is there any way to get notification of new threads?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:31 pm

Location: Chicago - AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott PL, Starwood PL, Hyatt Gold
Fantastic

I agree - this forum was so needed and I'm so excited for it!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by seacarl
Is there any way to get notification of new threads?
I believe that the forum notification is a 1x/day and does not send out other emails indicating that new threads have been added.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:33 pm

I believe that the forum notification is a 1x/day and does not send out other emails indicating that new threads have been added.
That's correct. Once a day only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.