Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

"We got a new subforum -- I'm so happy/I'm so sad" DISCUSSION THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"We got a new subforum -- I'm so happy/I'm so sad" DISCUSSION THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:55 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by aa213bb
Why are the Premium Gone Fare threads being moved?
18sas has eloquently given the reasons for my support of this. Adding [PREM FARE GONE] to titles when the threads are moved should make them easy to find on searching.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:37 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by 18sas
Most people found them distracting and got in the way of discussion of new relevant fares. The ex-RGN deal, for example, is nearly two years dead but keeps popping up in discussion due to ongoing lawsuits and such.

Offloading this kind of banter to Mileage Run Discussion is in keeping with the standard that is used in the Mileage Run forum as well, so it's better for consistency's sake to treat threads in this forum the same way.

The mods agreed upon the standard to mark fares moved from this forum with the prefix [PREM FARE GONE] so that they can be more easily identified after being moved to Mileage Run Discussion.
Nice job! Thanks!!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by 18sas
Most people found them distracting and got in the way of discussion of new relevant fares. The ex-RGN deal, for example, is nearly two years dead but keeps popping up in discussion due to ongoing lawsuits and such.

Offloading this kind of banter to Mileage Run Discussion is in keeping with the standard that is used in the Mileage Run forum as well, so it's better for consistency's sake to treat threads in this forum the same way.

The mods agreed upon the standard to mark fares moved from this forum with the prefix [PREM FARE GONE] so that they can be more easily identified after being moved to Mileage Run Discussion.
Makes perfect sense - thank you for explaining.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:21 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

The new forum has been around for a month, so it's time to close this thread. If you'd like to continue the discussion about whether this forum should be around, please head to the discussion thread in the Talkboard forum.

We will start a thread in the next few days, to solicit input on how this new subforum should be managed (what should be posted here, how should we organize posts, how to address the notification issue, etc). Stay tuned...

--jpdx, MR Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.