Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Newark TSO steals cash from wheelchair bound woman.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newark TSO steals cash from wheelchair bound woman.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2010, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LessO2
I think you're missing the bigger picture.

On job applications, they ask if you were ever convicted of a felony. He will have to say 'yes.'

The follow up question on the application and/or interview will be for what (he likely will be very vague on what it was for). I would guess that most employers would ask who he was working for at the time.

Given the public's low opinion of the TSA, it will be a double-whammy for him.

In some ways, I think this is better than ~$30k/year to the taxpayers to leave him in jail.
You can always lie on your application and hope that the employer (including the federal government) won't find out. Granted, he has to sign a statement at the end of his federal application (assuming post-conviction) stating that everything is true to the best of his knowledge. The worst case is that he gets caught and his application thrown out. Unless he bailed on some sort of parole plea bargain, the government will not bother to prosecute him. From his perspective, he would be no worse off than before -- no job.

I say this from a certain level of experience. Twice within the past 8-10 years, I've received a resume from the same guy who applied for two federal civilian jobs i teo different agencies for which I was the hiring manager. When I saw his resume for the first time, a four-year gap in his employment history caught my eye. Given the antiquity of the on-line government hiring system in place in the early 2000's, I thought there was a typo or something in the software.

When I asked my admin folks to check it out, the answer was that the guy was in federal prison for four years, for contract fraud, no less. ~4-5 years later, his package popped out of the HR "computer in the sky" again for a different federal job! So, a guy with a federal rap made it to my desk twice on a cert list for a job I was filling.

There's no doubt in my mind that this guys could do time, or even get convicted and be out on parole, and get re-hired by the TSA. OF course, I'm assuming the TSA will actually fire the guy in the first place.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
You can always lie on your application and hope that the employer (including the federal government) won't find out. Granted, he has to sign a statement at the end of his federal application (assuming post-conviction) stating that everything is true to the best of his knowledge. The worst case is that he gets caught and his application thrown out. Unless he bailed on some sort of parole plea bargain, the government will not bother to prosecute him. From his perspective, he would be no worse off than before -- no job.

I say this from a certain level of experience. Twice within the past 8-10 years, I've received a resume from the same guy who applied for two federal civilian jobs i teo different agencies for which I was the hiring manager. When I saw his resume for the first time, a four-year gap in his employment history caught my eye. Given the antiquity of the on-line government hiring system in place in the early 2000's, I thought there was a typo or something in the software.

When I asked my admin folks to check it out, the answer was that the guy was in federal prison for four years, for contract fraud, no less. ~4-5 years later, his package popped out of the HR "computer in the sky" again for a different federal job! So, a guy with a federal rap made it to my desk twice on a cert list for a job I was filling.

There's no doubt in my mind that this guys could do time, or even get convicted and be out on parole, and get re-hired by the TSA. OF course, I'm assuming the TSA will actually fire the guy in the first place.
You're right on all aspects.

But I doubt he would get re-hired by the TSA.

A lot of us speak of the minority (such as the subject we're talking about) who steal. However, I'm of the feeling, that even at places like Newark, there are good eggs who would have a big problem with this guy getting re-hired, and that someone would blow the whistle to some media outlet.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LessO2
You're right on all aspects.

But I doubt he would get re-hired by the TSA.

A lot of us speak of the minority (such as the subject we're talking about) who steal. However, I'm of the feeling, that even at places like Newark, there are good eggs who would have a big problem with this guy getting re-hired, and that someone would blow the whistle to some media outlet.
Roger that about him getting re-hired back at his old airport, especially if he was reasonable well-known by the public.

On a related topic, I wonder how warm of a welcome Alvin Crabtree got when he returned to DEN after his suspension?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.