Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Watch Your Bags....TSA is Now Planting "Evidence"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Watch Your Bags....TSA is Now Planting "Evidence"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:47 pm

Programs: ual, aa, hertz, starwood, hilton
Originally Posted by eyecue
Article says that the agent was wearing a black shirt. That is not one of us that you love to hate folks.
Does that mean he's a BDO?!? Damnit! He'd definitely have caught himself before committing this heinous crime, if only his boss had thought to hang a mirror in the break room.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by DevilDog438
The article also goes on to quote a TSA Spokesperson who advised that the "agent" is no longer employed by TSA (not "was never employed by TSA").
Right. He is no longer around and he got already termination from his job from TSA. His behaviors are not appropriate to ask the girls about her belongs items. He cannot be allowed to ask her at all. Never! Its keep her own privacy and do not ever to ask her whenever where she get something for her trip. He is not polite to ask her when he is lookout into her personal items.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 5:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
TSA makes it clear he's no longer with the agency.

They do not say that he was disciplined or fired, however.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 6:38 pm

They want to throw the guy who caused the terminal dump into jail for 10 years. This TSO should have been arrested and charges filed. Instead we will never know because the TSA can hide behind privacy laws and do nothing.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by magellan315
They want to throw the guy who caused the terminal dump into jail for 10 years. This TSO should have been arrested and charges filed. Instead we will never know because the TSA can hide behind privacy laws and do nothing.
All people are created equal; some are more equal than others...
Old Jan 23, 2010, 6:54 pm
Suspended

All people are created equal; some are more equal than others...
It's a wonder that everything by George Orwell isn't on a book ban list yet.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chollie
TSA makes it clear he's no longer with the agency.

They do not say that he was disciplined or fired, however.
He got termination from his job at TSA.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH
He got termination from his job at TSA.
Do you have a documented source for this? Bob's posting at the TSA Blog, and Ann Davis's statement, are rather specific in pointing out that while he's no longer working for TSA, they can't say whether he quit or they fired him.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 8:10 pm

Programs: SSSSS
According to Fox News he was fired. For whatever that's worth.

Interesting timeline:
Event transpires Jan 5.
Complaint made Jan 5.
--According to pax, TSAo remains at his station working
Article published in the Daily Jan 10.
--Two days later, Jan 7, pax was informed "disciplinary action had been taken."
--No evidence that this TSAo had left the employ of the TSA as of this date.
--Evidence exists that he remained employed at this point. Phillynews article.
Article published in Philly News Jan 21.
--Initial article indicated that the TSAo has been disciplined.
--Update to that article later indicates that "As of today" (Jan 21) TSAo no longer works there.

First disciplined, then two weeks later fired, when it starts wandering around the wire services and the mainline newpapers? Wonder what would have happened if this hadn't been picked up by the Daily and the Phillynews? Would he still be planting drugs in bags?

Last edited by greentips; Jan 23, 2010 at 8:21 pm Reason: corrected newspaper name
Old Jan 23, 2010, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by greentips
According to Fox News he was fired. For whatever that's worth.
As much as it's fun to dump on Fox News, let's be fair:
  • The article you link to above on the Fox News website is just a reprint of an Associated Press article.
  • The word "fired" only appears in the AP headline; the actual article still says the same things we've been hearing ("disciplined" and "no longer employed").

Originally Posted by greentips
First disciplined, then two weeks later fired, when it starts wandering around the wire services and the mainline newpapers? Wonder what would have happened if this hadn't been picked up by the Daily and the Inquirer? Would he still be planting drugs in bags?
To be fair, the TSO involved does deserve some due process. And as others have testified here, firing a federal employee isn't quite as simple as firing an employee in the private sector.

On the other hand, I agree that the timeline does tend to make one wonder.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by jkhuggins
As much as it's fun to dump on Fox News, let's be fair:
  • The article you link to above on the Fox News website is just a reprint of an Associated Press article.
  • The word "fired" only appears in the AP headline; the actual article still says the same things we've been hearing ("disciplined" and "no longer employed").

To be fair, the TSO involved does deserve some due process. And as others have testified here, firing a federal employee isn't quite as simple as firing an employee in the private sector.

What he deserves is to be beaten about the head with this book.

But seeing how violence is not legal, firing him and giving him the book as a parting gift will do just as well.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jkhuggins

Yes, he got terminations from his job and he got disciplinary actions for his behaviors at checkpoint. That is final for 1 TSO is fired from airport and that's it! No more work at airport for rest his miserable life. This is inappropriate for his behavioral at security screening and he cannot be allowed to touching her bags and it is keep own privacy belongs her personal items. He can't be proved to be searchable her bag while she put into the x-ray machine and he is acting like a jokes it around. That is not good. He could be get more serious trouble at security. That is violations the rules. So unfortunately, I believe that he didn't have any required to screening his background checks.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AA Gold, EY Gold, US Gold, IC Gold Ambassador
As someone else stated - yet another reason why I ziptie all of the zippered compartments on my two carry-ons as soon as I get out of the car (hand-carrying the laptop from that point).
+1

I had someone open, steal objects from my bag and then leave a book in my bag coming out of Doha last year on Qatar Airlines. I will not let my bag out of my sight without ziptieing all the zippers on my 22" bag. They'll cut through a lock as easily as cutting a ziptie. Ziptie's are cheaper.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
http://www.tsa.gov/blog/2008/02/trut...detection.html:
Some will say that it shouldn’t be TSA’s job to look for drugs, or money - our job is airport security. But when we spot someone behaving suspiciously, we don’t know what they have; all we know is they’re behaving in a way that says they might pose a threat. In many cases, we find things that might have otherwise gotten through security (money, drugs)
God forbid a passenger might get money through security. Possession of money is such a crime (in the eyes of the TSA, at least).

Last edited by sethb; Jan 27, 2010 at 1:34 pm Reason: fix formatting
Old Jan 27, 2010, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by n4zhg
It's a wonder that everything by George Orwell isn't on a book ban list yet.

the way forward is to make people functionally illiterate. banning books is so passe'.

i like your signature. also try: behoerde fuer heimatlandsschutz. sounds germaner.

al

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.