Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Practical Travel Safety and Security Issues
Reload this Page >

Watch Your Bags....TSA is Now Planting "Evidence"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Watch Your Bags....TSA is Now Planting "Evidence"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TSO1973
Don't know why this pisses them off if you wait. Personally I prefer it if the passenger DOES wait until their stuff is in. In most of our divestment stuff, we tell passengers to do exactly that.
I chalk it up to being BWI...
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by deadpass
there is an entry on PV about it now
Short and to the point, but there are still people out there who won't get it and continue to act before thinking.

...and the ones on here always wonder why the public thinks so poorly of them.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Looks like Bob's pulling an all nighter. He's approving comments even now.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:45 pm

Programs: TSO, AS MVP, AOPA member, Private Pilot ASEL
Originally Posted by Superguy
Maybe he's gotta pass the time while watching Conan or Jay or whoever the hell it is hosting now.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:52 pm

Programs: SSSSS
Originally Posted by We Will Never Forget
She's kinda hot.

Well, that and the sh!tload of money she should be getting from a lawsuit.
And smart too. (Go Blue)

Read about it in her own words in the Michigan Daily

It appears our good friends at the TSA didn't immediately take corrective action and this TSA was not a low life TSO. He trains (or rather did) TSOs to be low lives and now there is no doubt in anyone's mind that TSA is going well beyond the pale of their "administrative" search. They are shaking down Americans without a warrant for things that have absolutely nothing to do with airport/airline security.

And I thought the ACLU told us they weren't overstepping. http://www.aclu.org/national-securit...fter-aclu-sues

Why Blogger Bog has this man not been arraigned? Why?

Last edited by greentips; Jan 21, 2010 at 11:07 pm
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
I think it must be a TSA contest to see who can be the biggest screw-up of the week.

What an idiot!!

I wonder what the prize was for that employee?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by We Will Never Forget
Well, he lost his job, which technically is a reward.

There is no justice in this world.
Yep, sure he did. He got fired from his jobs. This is not appropriate to do touching with her personal items. It's not good for him at all. He could be more serious trouble with TSA manager. He can't be touching the valuable items and it will have to keep away from another lady. He will get fired from airport. HE will never work for federal government.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by magellan315
He should be under the jail, not in it.
Yes, he could be arrested for that. He will be charges for tampering the evidence. HE cannot be allowed to touching with another young girls. He will get very extremely serious trouble at work. So unfortunately, TSA will eventually to get arrested him for now.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by Scubatooth
What bothers me beyond the obvious is TSA spokeshole davis uses that privacy clasuse a little to much to cover TSA perverbal arse when it needs to but has no problems splashing travelers names all over the place for even the most minor things. I hope one day someone just lays her and TSA out for that as is such BS its not funny.
Yeah they have no problems with "privacy" when they release videos of passengers that make the TSA look good. No problems whatsoever
Old Jan 22, 2010, 2:51 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by sailman
I always wait, but many over zealous screeners bark orders to go through the "golden arches". I respond in a calm polite voice that "I prefer to wait, as according to the frequent airport announcements, I am required to keep my possessions under my control/sight at all times." At least 60% of the time there is a caustic grunt, "don't you trust us", or some variation there of, for which I remain silent. However, I do seem to get additional screening 20% of the these times, although there are no alarm issues with me or my carryon possesions.
"I trust you as much as you trust me." or "Ohhh... like Alvin Crabtree?" or "No."

File a complaint each and every time you receive additional harassment without probable cause.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 4:35 am

As I said in another thread a few weeks ago......"there must be some sort of stupid test tso's have to pass"
Old Jan 22, 2010, 5:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Superguy
Maybe my comment about drive-by postings stung a bit.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 6:48 am
Suspended

While I have a great deal of sympathy for the young lady and her ordeal, when I read this sentence in The Michigan Daily,

As passengers and patrons of airports, we have a lot of responsibility to comply with airline security. Our safety depends directly on how well we follow the rules. This same standard needs to be applied to the staff.
my heart sank. She is buying into the propaganda.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 7:40 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by deadpass
there is an entry on PV about it now
They pretty well had to - it even made NPR this morning (though just in the sense of "a screener learned not to joke at the checkpoint" - so NPR is still lapdog for the agency).

Originally Posted by DevilDog438
I chalk it up to being BWI...
Or IAD where I had a liittle "discussion" with the screener one day over this.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 8:49 am

Wow, that's far out

Passengers get locked up for much less than that. Am curious about the comments in the TSA blog.

Hope she is suing the heck out of the TSA and the guy himself.

Scarily enough she could have easily ended up in jail: If the guy would have called a LEO and not admitted the joke then she would be bye, bye an added entry on the TSA.gov's list of things they found at the checkpoint and that's it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.