Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SOP discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2009, 5:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Flaflyer
For those in the air who missed it: 12/8 ABC evening news. Charlie Gibson's lead story: TSA Effs Up Big Time, releases unredactable SOP online. Long story, not a kind word about TSA. Media finally running stories about the bozos at TSA that sound like FT threads.
Did they mention my blog??
Old Dec 8, 2009, 5:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by halls120
The sh*t has indeed hit the fan inside DHS.

Earlier this afternoon, I was going to submit a query about why Rossides, at a very minimum, had not resigned (realizing that she is only the acting administrator of TSA) or perhaps even Nappy herself but I was side tracked before I could do so.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 2P
Originally Posted by sbm12
I'll be recording the West Coast replay in a bit.

Looking forward to checking it out.

Last edited by Random_Flyer; Dec 8, 2009 at 7:46 pm
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by sbm12
abcnews.go.com/Blotter/massive-tsa-security-breach-agency-secrets/story?id=9280503

I did not url short cut it as it is soooo nice to see that title on a MSM link.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:17 pm

Programs: Holiday Inn Plat NW gold AA gold
abcnews.go.com/Blotter/massive-tsa-security-breach-agency-secrets/story?id=9280503

I did not url short cut it as it is soooo nice to see that title on a MSM link.
Good find.^^^

Might want to tidy up a little bit around here. Suspect that more than a few new visitors may be dropping by to see what's up. Hope the servers can handle the traffic.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:24 pm

It was on CBS news at about 6:33 this evening EST, I missed whatever was prior. If this doesn't cause TSA to do some basic rethinking, I hate to think what actually would.

Is there a small group of people with narcissistic personality disorders running TSA?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
For those in the air who missed it: 12/8 ABC evening news. Charlie Gibson's lead story: TSA Effs Up Big Time, releases unredactable SOP online. Long story, not a kind word about TSA. Media finally running stories about the bozos at TSA that sound like FT threads.
On the ground and missed it. Would like to find a replay somewhere.
Right now I only have a 1XRTT signal on my cellular modem so I can’t stream video very well, but I think this may be a link to Gibson’s story that was broadcast.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:34 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by AngryMiller
Might want to tidy up a little bit around here. Suspect that more than a few new visitors may be dropping by to see what's up. Hope the servers can handle the traffic.
Does TS/S usually have "27 members and 109 guests"?

Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by N965VJ
Right now I only have a 1XRTT signal on my cellular modem so I can’t stream video very well, but I think this may be a link to Gibson’s story that was broadcast.
Keeps rerunning ads over and over again. ABC must stand for Ads But no Content.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AngryMiller
Good find.^^^

Does this mean I have to put on my pants?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by IslandBased
It was on CBS news at about 6:33 this evening EST, I missed whatever was prior. If this doesn't cause TSA to do some basic rethinking, I hate to think what actually would.

Is there a small group of people with narcissistic personality disorders running TSA?
TSA is the anti-thinking agency which preys on the clueless. That's why you should expect more of the same smoke and mirrors to be put up by the TSA for which the TSA has become notorious in these parts.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:40 pm

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by ABC news story
"This is an appalling and astounding breach of security that terrorists could easily exploit," said Clark Kent Ervin, the former inspector general at the Department of Homeland Security.
Either Superman used to work for DHS, or this guy really should not use his middle name with the media.

Back on topic: gotta love all the comments at ABC screaming about how the media is helping the bad guys by reporting the story/linking the document.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Ijust learned about this today - it's been quite a hilarious read. It's funny when this happens every once in a while as it shows how absurd some of the government's self-identified "secrets" are. Kind of like the white house party crashers, though that incident was definitely more troubling.

In a day and age where the government is trying to monitor everything under the guise of national security it is also refreshing to remember that the bureaucracy has gotten so big that basically they have lost control over what gets released through FOIA etc. and then immediately disseminated via the internet (with no need to wait for the editors at the NYT to check with their lawyers, a la the pentagon papers).

I especially like the SSSS passport list - doh! - as if we didn't already know that certain people get screened automatically.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:48 pm

Programs: Holiday Inn Plat NW gold AA gold
To all of the government folks spending your evening pouring over posts I wish you well. Stick around as you might learn a few things, get a couple chuckles, and feel your blood pressure rise at some of the outrages.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by RadioGirl
Either Superman used to work for DHS, or this guy really should not use his middle name with the media.

Back on topic: gotta love all the comments at ABC screaming about how the media is helping the bad guys by reporting the story/linking the document.
Lets help TSA pull its pants back up! Effing stick in the mucks...

Whatever happened to Freedom of the Press? Oh, ad $, sorry I asked...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.