Eye of the Needle Space Needle restaurant, 1962
Print Wikipost

Seattle Dining

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2006, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Seattle Dining

This off-shoot of the Seattle Visitor's Guide is worthy of it's own thread!

Seattle Dining
SeattleDining.com
Zagat Seattle
Seattle.com Dining Guide
Seattle Magazine- Best of
Seattle Weekly Food Section
Downtown Dining

Seattle Sushi
:-:[FT Discussion]Best all-u-can-eat or low-price Seattle Sushi

FlyerTalk Favorites
-----Buenos Aires Grill
-----Kell's

FlyerTalk Seattle Reviews

Seattle Happy Hours
Seven Nites
Happy Hour Guide

Please feel free to ask questions, ask for suggestions or post a review about dining in the Emerald City.

Last edited by chexfan; Dec 17, 2007 at 5:15 pm
Old Feb 9, 2006, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

from the Seattle Visitor's Guide...
Originally Posted by cwdavis4
Staying at the Westin (1900 5th Avenue) over the Feb 17th weekend.

We are taking the train from PDX up - so any recommended restaurants within walking distances of the Westin?

Thanks!
What type of cuisine are you interested in?
Old Feb 9, 2006, 11:25 am

Programs: AS, BA, AF, SPG and Tivo!
I would go with Dahlia Lounge very good food and it's literally about a block away. Reservations are needed.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 11:28 am

On another note, we went to Fish Club at the waterfront Marriott a few weeks ago. Weird food and odd presentation. I would not recommend this restaurant to someone who hasn't eaten at all of the other great places in seattle.

http://www.toddenglish.com/Restaurants/FishClub.html
Old Feb 9, 2006, 11:52 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Dahlia lounge is good.

Palace kitchen is good for late night and happy hour.

Brasa is good for happy hour,but a bit of a interesting block.

We like the Top Pot on 5th for donuts, a bit of a different feel from the one by our house, no soccer moms or small children.

Let me work on this.

One more really good place to browse is the egullet pacific northwest thread.

e gullet pacific northwest region page

For coffee, make sure you visit the caffe lladro near the Hyatt. Yum. Way better than anything else downtown, free wireless as well. Ditto for top pot.

lala
Old Feb 9, 2006, 4:50 pm

Programs: Everything and everywhere. Officially a nomad
My step-daughter is going to Seattle with a friend for President's Day weekend. I'd like to get them a gift card to a fairly inexpensive (someplace they will feel comfortable) yet hip place for lunch, dinner or drinks downtown (they are 25 years old). I've looked at some of the links above but it would be lots easier to get a friendly recommendation from a FTer

Last edited by Ginger K; Feb 9, 2006 at 4:53 pm
Old Feb 9, 2006, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Ginger K
My step-daughter is going to Seattle with a friend for President's Day weekend. I'd like to get them a gift card to a fairly inexpensive (someplace they will feel comfortable) yet hip place for lunch, dinner or drinks downtown (they are 25 years old). I've looked at some of the links above but it would be lots easier to get a friendly recommendation from a FTer
Wild Ginger - Good Pan-Asian food, my favorite the Crispy Duck with pancake type dumplings.

mike
Old Feb 9, 2006, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wild Ginger is good, but my personal favorite is Malay Satay Hut. It's Wild Ginger at 1/3 the price (okay, maybe also 1/3 the atmosphere). But it's very special!
Old Feb 9, 2006, 5:42 pm

Wild Ginger is one of my fav places.
The bar in the W hotel is hip
Frontier Room on First has good food for lunch/dinner.

Send em to Kells for drinks!
Old Feb 10, 2006, 6:43 am

Programs: Everything and everywhere. Officially a nomad
Never having heard of Wild Ginger the restaurant, I thought maybe you knew more about me than I thought
Thanks for the recommendations, I'll try my namesake and Kell's.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 9:16 am

You'll LOVE it!
Get the duck and dumplings...mmmmm....I'm getting hungry.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, Hilton Diamond
My SO wants to do dinner at the space needle but I'm afraid that is over-hyped. Any thoughts?

We are in our mid-30s and looking for good trendy places to people watch, grab a drink, and get dinner (remember we are walking from the Westin).
• One night, need to do the Valentine’s Day Dinner (she really likes seafood)
• Need another dinner recommendation. Anything like a southwestern grill or any good Irish Pub? She is part Irish. I know there is Kells which is a good back-up but they have Kells down here in PDX that we hit a lot.

Also, would love some recommendations on places to see:
• Of course some of the staples like Pike Place and Art Museum
• Any other recommendations?

Thanks for all your help – been 5+ years since I have been back to Seattle.

Regards!

Last edited by cwdavis4; Feb 10, 2006 at 10:12 am
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ginger K
My step-daughter is going to Seattle with a friend for President's Day weekend. I'd like to get them a gift card to a fairly inexpensive (someplace they will feel comfortable) yet hip place for lunch, dinner or drinks downtown (they are 25 years old). I've looked at some of the links above but it would be lots easier to get a friendly recommendation from a FTer...
Hmm... female... 25... visiting Seattle... It's a shame I won't be around during the long weekend to offer tourguide services!

Anyways, I do think that Wild Ginger is a fine place. But at lunchtime it is filled w/ business people. And it really isn't inexpensive.

I'm actually stumped w/ an inexpensive, hip place for lunch. What about happy hour? I could help w/ some suggestions there!
Old Feb 10, 2006, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

My SO wants to do dinner at the space needle but I'm afraid that is over-hyped. Any thoughts?
My one experience would echo that.

We are in our mid-30s and looking for good trendy places to people watch, grab a drink, and get dinner (remember we are walking from the Westin).
• One night, need to do the Valentine’s Day Dinner (she really likes seafood)
Oh man... it may be tough to wrangle a reservation for the 14th only 4 days out.
Does seafood also = sushi?
How about Flying Fish? (about 6-7 blocks away)

• Need another dinner recommendation. Anything like a southwestern grill or any good Irish Pub? She is part Irish. I know there is Kells which is a good back-up but they have Kells down here in PDX that we hit a lot.
I can't think of another Irish Pub besides the Owl & Thistle and Kell's downtown. But the Owl & Thistle isn't really a sit down and dine type place.

Also, would love some recommendations on places to see:
• Of course some of the staples like Pike Place and Art Museum
• Any other recommendations?
What are your interests? Nothing on the Seattle Visitor's Guide interested you?
Old Feb 10, 2006, 11:53 am

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, Hilton Diamond
Sorry I should have been more clear - we will be up there over next weekend (17-20). Since Valentine's day is on Tues, 14th we decided to do something up in Seattle over that weekend.

Thanks for the recommendation on Flying Fish! I'm thinking that might be the Valentine's day dinner on Sat night.

And I haven't heard of Owl & Thistle but will definitely look into it. She would love to at least stop by and grab a beer!

What I don't know what should we do during the day. I went thru the Seattle Vistor's Guide but not sure if these or fun things to do. We are looking at things like the Underground Tours, Seattle Aquarium, and the Pacific Science Center. But not sure...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.