Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best all-u-can-eat or low-price Seattle Sushi

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2007, 8:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Best all-u-can-eat or low-price Seattle Sushi

We have a quandary. After being blessed with an always available 'Endless Sushi' dining option at our local Georgetown Benihana's, the move out to Seattle has left us - well, sushi-less.

The Benihana Endless Sushi is an all-u-can-eat ($35) fresh made-to-order non-buffet sushi experience. It was a blessing and made sushi buffet places like Todai look like a bad joke.

Now sushi-less in Seattle, we're on the hunt for a replacement. The local Benihana locations do not offer Endless Sushi. Although the Redmond Todai is actually quite good (for a Todai), it's just not the same. It would be almost like satisfying a craving for In-N-Out burger with Carl's Jr.

Could anyone recommend a good quality sushi spot in the Seattle-Tacoma area which is either all-u-can-eat or get-your-fill-for-cheap?
Old Sep 7, 2007, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
While it isn't all-you-can-eat, the Kaiten, or "conveyor-belt" sushi joints in the area are kinda fun: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/food/124839_dine04.html
Old Sep 7, 2007, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Plat, PC Plat RA, HHonors Gold, National EE
Here's a sushi buffet in Seattle: http://seattle.citysearch.com/profil...estaurant.html, with reviews.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thank you...the Todai in Redmond is the place we're currently going to, but it would be nice if a real sushi bar would offer an all-u-can-eat option like Benihana.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 2:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
I personally prefer Pacific Place Todai over Redmond. While Todai is typically thought of as low quality sushi I think it is a reasonably good value for sushi in the Seattle area and better than your average Todai for some reason. Lunch is clearly the best value at $13.95 AND $15.95 on weekends includes endless pieces of large unagi sushi as well. While they do serve sashimi for dinner it is hard to justify the $24.95 - $26.95 price since the hot food is only slightly better than the Super China Buffet in Shoreline. The staff could care less you much you eat unlike places like Mikado that has showdowns between customers and owner.
At $35 per person in Georgetown I think that is going a bit over the top for AYCE sushi. Family of four costs $140? How much can one eat even at a really expensive sushi place if you pay per piece?
Old Sep 7, 2007, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Thank you...the Todai in Redmond is the place we're currently going to, but it would be nice if a real sushi bar would offer an all-u-can-eat option like Benihana.
Benihana does have AYCE sushi for lunch on weekdays for $13.95 but I am sure you already knew that.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
Why don't you visit the Sushiland in the Bella Bottega area of Redmond? I used to live in Redmond and went there about 5x a week. Its a conveyor belt, with sushi starting at $1 per plate.

There is also a Sushiland in Bellevue, but it sucks. Don't go there. Its always full of high school brats who demand rap music on the speakers.

There a Sushiland at Southcenter that I haven't been to. The Sushiland in Lower Queen Anne is just okay. Redmond is the best, by far.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the additional tips. We will try the Pacific Place Todai location next weekend. I knew about the Benihana option, but it won't work for us as we only have time for dinner.

Actually, the $35 that Georgetown (and the other DC location) charged was a bargain - it included sushi, sashimi and almost their entire list of rolls. Any hot item on the menu could be ordered, and it also included a choice of ice cream for dessert. We calculated that our 'true cost' was often in the $50-$75 per person range by the time we were done, given the copious amounts of sashimi we devoured.

We may also give Sushiland a try, but we're pretty much sashimi eaters so that option might not work out as well. Todai does have fairly decent, though moderate quality sashimi - if only they would make the pieces bigger. Some of their sashimi is cut like cat snacks.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 9:57 am

Yeah, Sashimi is the way to go and so many of these places have rules about hiding or wasting your nigiri sushi rice. I avoid most sushi rolls myself but I know that ordering a single $12 sushi roll has become the hotest thing now. There are people like myself that prefer the delicious fish and raw seafood. And there are those that only do the basic rolls and maybe inari or tomago. These people proudly proclaim "I don't eat raw foods" and wear it like a badge of honor.

Back to the subject - I have found the majority of the hot food at Pacific Place not that special (probably similar to Redmond) but who's paying $25 for AYCE hot food anyway. They did offer spider rolls (soft shell crabs) for dinner so if you don't see them just ask and they will make you some. But you probably already knew that.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The horrors! With all the great sushi places in Seattle, you're looking for the best All You Can Eat places? Yikes!

The Westin used to have an amazing ALCE Sushi bar for lunch, but it's been gone for the past 6 or 7 years.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chexfan
The horrors! With all the great sushi places in Seattle, you're looking for the best All You Can Eat places? Yikes!

The Westin used to have an amazing ALCE Sushi bar for lunch, but it's been gone for the past 6 or 7 years.
OK...if we take AYCE out of the equation and also skip the sushi boat places (the family won't eat there), which sushi restaurant would you recommend that offers the best balance of quality and value - especially from the perspective of a heavy sashimi eater.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bocastephen
which sushi restaurant would you recommend that offers the best balance of quality and value - especially from the perspective of a heavy sashimi eater.
I dunno. I guess whenever I'm in the mood for good sushi, value simply isn't on my mind.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 9:41 am

One of my favorite "sushi value" places (but mainly has locals and students) is Hana on Broadway Ave. The sushi ranges from $1-$1.5 per piece so for $20 - $30 a couple can order more sushi than they can possibly eat. It's slightly a "hole in the wall" but the sushi chefs are very much the real thing and most of them have been there for over a decade. If you are someone that cannot eat much sushi and demands the finest quality then stick with places like I Love Sushi. Hana is for the value seeker.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 11:42 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
QFC offers sushi that is reasonably priced.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1K (2MM)
^
Originally Posted by westcoastman
One of my favorite "sushi value" places (but mainly has locals and students) is Hana on Broadway Ave. The sushi ranges from $1-$1.5 per piece so for $20 - $30 a couple can order more sushi than they can possibly eat. It's slightly a "hole in the wall" but the sushi chefs are very much the real thing and most of them have been there for over a decade. If you are someone that cannot eat much sushi and demands the finest quality then stick with places like I Love Sushi. Hana is for the value seeker.

I must chime in on Hana ... i agree. I am not based in SEA but Hana is one of my cheap and cheerful spots when I am there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.