Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best all-u-can-eat or low-price Seattle Sushi

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2007, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sushi heaven found: Musashi's Sushi on 45th St in Wallingford. Just had dinner there Sat night, and the fairly long wait was well worth it - huge chunks of sashimi for under $1 a piece, and massive slabs of sushi (so big, they were cut into thirds) for under $2 each. The rolls were tasty, with a balance of fish and rice.

The restaurant serves delicious miso soup as well. The menu is short, simple and the fish is incredibly fresh and tasty.

I highly recommend Musashi for sushi in Seattle.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 5:38 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by bocastephen
also skip the sushi boat places
I'm curious as to why someplace like Todai is acceptable, but the boat places aren't?

My favorite sushi is Tuna House in Bellevue.

iSushi in Issaquah (near Costco) has pretty decent stuff...but its a boat place. I was skeptical my first trip, but was pleasantly surprised.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by missydarlin
I'm curious as to why someplace like Todai is acceptable, but the boat places aren't?

My favorite sushi is Tuna House in Bellevue.

iSushi in Issaquah (near Costco) has pretty decent stuff...but its a boat place. I was skeptical my first trip, but was pleasantly surprised.
Well, Todai is barely acceptable - and only as a replacement for the lost Benihana endless sushi. After finding Masushi's, we discovered we could have far better sushi than any buffet or boat, and end up spending the same amount of money.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 11:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Well, Todai is barely acceptable - and only as a replacement for the lost Benihana endless sushi. After finding Masushi's, we discovered we could have far better sushi than any buffet or boat, and end up spending the same amount of money.
1) For what you were spending on your buffet ($35 each) it really does not surprise me or anyone else on here.
2) Benihana has there AYCE WEEKDAY lunch buffet that we mentioned. But here's a secret but promise not to spread it around, OK. From after Thanksgiving to around Christmas they will also have their yummy sushi buffet on Saturday for lunch. Quality is excellent but the seating space is very small.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by westcoastman
1) For what you were spending on your buffet ($35 each) it really does not surprise me or anyone else on here.
2) Benihana has there AYCE WEEKDAY lunch buffet that we mentioned. But here's a secret but promise not to spread it around, OK. From after Thanksgiving to around Christmas they will also have their yummy sushi buffet on Saturday for lunch. Quality is excellent but the seating space is very small.
Thanks for the tip Is this a buffet presentation, or a sit-down-and-order all you can eat? At the true Endless Sushi locations, you sit at the sushi bar and order from the sushi chef, so everything is made fresh on the spot, rather than picked up off a table.

Truth be told, after discovering Masushi, I'm not sure I could ever consider AYCE again in the Seattle area. For less than $20, I can eat more sushi and sashimi in one sitting there than I could handle at a buffet for 50-70% more money....and the fish is so fresh, you can almost still hear the heartbeat.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 6:02 am

Thanks for the tip Is this a buffet presentation, or a sit-down-and-order all you can eat? At the true Endless Sushi locations, you sit at the sushi bar and order from the sushi chef, so everything is made fresh on the spot, rather than picked up off a table.
Sorry, I did not see this until now. No, you do not sit at a sushi bar but yes it is fresh. The sushi is made by a true sushi chef and placed on a platter which is quickly depleted. I really thought it was an excellent value but it is nice you found something for $20.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Sorry, I did not see this until now. No, you do not sit at a sushi bar but yes it is fresh. The sushi is made by a true sushi chef and placed on a platter which is quickly depleted. I really thought it was an excellent value but it is nice you found something for $20.
Have you tried Masushi? I'd be curious to know how it compares to some of the other places local folks have tried.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I went to Musashi (if this is the place I'm thinking of) about 5 years ago before I really appreciated sushi and hadn't been back since. Maybe it's worth the return-visit.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 9:32 pm

The lady I had asked at Benihana was wrong. They ARE open for lunch on Saturday during December but NOT the sushi buffet. Ended up at Todai instead.
Old May 29, 2010, 5:43 pm

Sushi heaven found: Musashi's Sushi on 45th St in Wallingford. Just had dinner there Sat night, and the fairly long wait was well worth it - huge chunks of sashimi for under $1 a piece, and massive slabs of sushi (so big, they were cut into thirds) for under $2 each. The rolls were tasty, with a balance of fish and rice.

The restaurant serves delicious miso soup as well. The menu is short, simple and the fish is incredibly fresh and tasty.

I highly recommend Musashi for sushi in Seattle.
100% agree, i love musashi's! definitely get there early or expect a long wait for a table.. it definitely gets a lot of love.
i would recommend the chirashi bowl which is assorted, fresh sashimi sitting on top of a bowl of sushi rice YUMMMM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.