Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Restaurants in/near Seattle/SEA - suggestions & questions" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:17 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
What part of Seattle are you staying?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Singapore Airlines Gold and a bunch of others
You are in the land of fresh seafood. I would have that. I try to get what is local. On that note I go to Anthony's whenever I pass through SeaTac.

the Fish is fresh and in summer I have had Strawberry Shortcake where the strawberries were picked that morning.

Nice Beer selection also
Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:23 pm

Programs: Household of Delta GM & PM, SWA RR CP, Bonvoy Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, Budget RZ
I assume you mean the airport?

If so Anthony's has great seafood options. I do not recall seeing a steak place when I fly in and out that catches my eye. Delta flys out of the south satelite terminal and there is not a lot of options there so grab something before taking the tram over to it.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:24 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Best restaurant w/o regard to price? Or best with value considered?
Is neighborhood important? Ballard is WAY FAR from West Seattle. If one is good for you, the other likely isn't.
Genre? Will really help if you narrow it down. Steak is really now the most interesting cuisine here. You'll find much more creativity in fish/seafood, Asian-inspired, fusion, etc.

Seattle has an amazing dining scene, but you'll want to give a bit more guidance than this.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL Carbon
Go to Kansas City for steak. In Seattle, IMO, two of the "best" (whatever that means) are Dahlia Lounge and Canlis.

For steak if you must, try the Metropolitan Grill. Something like Ruth's Chris you can get anywhere.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:30 pm

Grab a drink at Good Time Ernie's
Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL DYKWIA
Airport! Airport! I should have said!
Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: FB Gold, Elevate Founding Red, Avis Platinum, Sixt Gold; Krisflyer Elite Silver
Vino Volo - no steak, but the wine you would have had with the steak; and salame and cheese instead.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL Carbon
Originally Posted by Flyer339
Oh well. Anthony's. 13 Coins is very nearby (walking distance) if you have time to get out of the building and go back through security.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Is this on the DL forum because DL flies to SEA?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
SEA is one of my favorite airports/towns! Will be there in a few days actually. It is really a fantastic beer town, if you're into that, and there are several airport bars that have interesting selections of local brews.

But since you mentioned steak, thinking about it I can't honestly remember any airport having a good steak place. Wish I could be of more help.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:26 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/west-456/

???
Old Mar 5, 2013, 1:50 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
If you have the time to exit the airport and go to the Hilton at the airport (free shuttle) or a 5-10 minute walk, Spencer's is very good!
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer339
Try any of these:
Anthony's
Ivar's
Vino Volo
Dish D'Lish

Don't recall any steak places at SEA.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Anthony's MAY have steaks but it is a seafood place. I've had the BBQ shrimp and garlic butter butterflied shrimp and both were great. The salmon dishes also look great. Get the bloody Mary. Anthony's is my only stop in SEA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.