Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Jordanian

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by flyerby

A lesson from a single incident? Interesting.
My RJ codeshare flight operated by QR was cancelled (by QR) and RJ put me on another flight of my choosing but only on RJ metal or RJ codeshare (operated by QR). Should I now stop flying RJ or QR?Maybe both?
In reality (RJ, TK, EY, TG, etc.), I was never able to get on a flight of another airline (unless a codeshare) in the case of a schedule change unless I was already checked into the flight/s.

BTW, if you tell us what A and C are, maybe we can help.
Yes, lesson learned after a single incident. Why would I expect RJ to treat me any better the next time if they tell me to pound sand the first time? I specifically asked for QR and they denied that.

Ams-Amm-Ebl and back. Looking forward to your help....
Old Apr 29, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SAS Gold (butt in seat)
I'd try to contact their CS by email in Germany - they are really helpful.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by gnargel
...Why would I expect RJ to treat me any better the next time if they tell me to pound sand the first time? ...
They will not but as I pointed out so does any other airline I know of.
Originally Posted by gnargel
Ams-Amm-Ebl and back. Looking forward to your help....
Which days of the week are you talking about?
Old May 4, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: BAEC
If RJ don't budge, the best option might be to rebook on another carrier and use your travel insurance to cover the addition costs, and get RJ to protect the last sector if that is still relevant?
Old May 6, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Paid seat selection waiver for status holder

I just bought a Saver Y ticket (W, P or O class) on RJ and I’m unable to get a free seat assignment. This seems to be a new policy.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:12 pm

deleted (resolved)

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; May 7, 2019 at 5:29 pm
Old May 8, 2019, 11:50 am

Can anyone shed any color/info on RJ's transatlantic service in Y? I cannot seem to find any reviews or detailed info. Is it like a Turkish, or more of a United? Trying to understand snack service, drinks, amenity kits etc. (pardon any duplication, not sure my first go-round at this actually published)
Old May 9, 2019, 6:50 am

I just used AA miles to book 2 seats STL-LGA/JFK-AMM-TLV (same on the return except ORD instead of JFK) in business class this morning, and received confirmation from AA that they were ticketed. I want to select my seats on the RJ segments, I called AA and they gave me the 6 character confirmation number for RJ, but when I try to manage my booking on their site, it says they are unable to find the confirmation number.

My name on the AA res is pretty simple - First Middle Last. No special characters, no spaces, no nothing. In the past, I've seen partner airlines on reservations do weird stuff like combine first and middle, so when using a confirmation number on a partner airline, I've had to enter FirstMiddle Last (for airlines that require both), could RJ be doing something weird here like storing my last name as MiddleLast or something like that?
Old May 9, 2019, 6:54 am

Did you try Finnair or Quatar for the booking code?
Old May 9, 2019, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Carotthat
Did you try Finnair or Quatar for the booking code?
Yes, neither of them can find my AA PNR (or my RJ PNR for that matter)

i thought maybe it was because the flight was booked 2 hours ago, but I tried the AA PNR for an upcoming AA HKG-DFW flight that's been booked for months, and Qatar and Finn can't find it either
Old May 9, 2019, 7:04 am

*screwed* never had something like this
Old May 9, 2019, 7:13 am

Huh, that's reassuring

Guess I'll call RJ today when I get a chance. I should definitely be using just my last name though, right? Not something weird like FirstLast, or MrLast (all weird stuff I've seen before on other airlines)
Old May 9, 2019, 8:44 am

Does anyone know when RJ loads seat maps?

I've got a flight on 1 January which says "All Series Passenger" in my booking... currently the service is operated by either an A320/A319 and a seatmap for these aircraft isn't loaded.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:52 am

Update. The AA agent on the phone told me one of the characters was a 1. I tried it with an I instead and it worked. D'oh.

Perhaps I'm blind, but how do I select a seat on the RJ manage booking site?
Carotthat likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 9:39 am

It's under Manage booking / Additional services /seat map. Seat maps aren't available at the 11-month mark, but about a couple of months later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.