Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Jordanian

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:21 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
If it is anything like BAEC, keep your boarding passes.
I had been expecting issues based on what I had read on FT, but my RJ flights posted to BA within five days and with no problems. This was in May.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by danielm
How long does it usyally take for rj miles to post to AA. I have seen some threads from a decade ago saying they may never. Is that still an issue? My splurge on rj J is the lynchpin in my status strategy for this year so im hoping for no trouble....
Never posted automatically. Had to request them. Came within 3 days of the request, though.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 11:05 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by danielm
How long does it usyally take for rj miles to post to AA. I have seen some threads from a decade ago saying they may never. Is that still an issue? My splurge on rj J is the lynchpin in my status strategy for this year so im hoping for no trouble....
Sorry for some very late input: I was on a short KUL-BKK trip in J about 3 years ago and everything was posted within two weeks on my BAEC-account. Despite the fact that at check-in in KUL they didn't know what to do with the BAEC-number (which was in the booking) so that worried me a bit. But as I said, everything posted in a timely manner.
But reading all those stories about the trouble that people seem to have with crediting RJ flights to other programs I feel a bit wary of having the same, as I'm about to book an ex EU trip to S.E. Asia.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Great_circle
Sorry for some very late input: I was on a short KUL-BKK trip in J about 3 years ago and everything was posted within two weeks on my BAEC-account. Despite the fact that at check-in in KUL they didn't know what to do with the BAEC-number (which was in the booking) so that worried me a bit. But as I said, everything posted in a timely manner.
But reading all those stories about the trouble that people seem to have with crediting RJ flights to other programs I feel a bit wary of having the same, as I'm about to book an ex EU trip to S.E. Asia.
It never posted for me despite my FF# on boarding pass. AA told me to wait 30 days, at 45 days I emailed AA and 5 days later I was credited the miles and EQD.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:13 am

Flying ORD-AMM-CAI and then CAI-AMM-AMS-ORD-PHL in January.

Two questions:
First - my tickets do not have my middle name - but my passport does. Is this an issue?

Second - how do I get a seat assignment?

Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2018, 5:45 am

I noticed that my flight RJ305 AQJ to AMM has been changed to a 787, does this happen often?
Short route for a wide-body.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by dmmdh
I noticed that my flight RJ305 AQJ to AMM has been changed to a 787, does this happen often?
Short route for a wide-body.
Happens a couple of times per year when they fit in a quick return to AQJ between the arrival from BKK and the departure to LHR.

The upgrade ex AQJ costs 25JOD btw
dmmdh likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 8:38 am

Nice idea!
Via GoCrown bidding or is there a guaranteed way?
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:23 am

Nice idea!
Via GoCrown bidding or is there a guaranteed way?
You can try GoCrown (the minimum bidding rate was 28JOD IIRC), but then you are not protected against the last minute substitution to an E175.

The 25JOD (unless it increased recently) upgrade I was talking about is the rate for an upgrade at the check-in counter. It's subject to availability in J, which rarely fills up on the AQJ flights.

More details about the AQJ flight "experience" here:
RJ domestic flights guide (including connections/AQJ airport transportation)
dmmdh likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 6:37 am

Hi guys,

with RJ’s new Royal Club program.

Do oneworld operated flights quality as a Segment? Ie Malaysia airlines

the qualifying criteria seems pretty low

thanks
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
talfred, maybe you can buzz the Moderators to move your post to Royal Jordanian New Frequent Flyer Program?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Happens a couple of times per year when they fit in a quick return to AQJ between the arrival from BKK and the departure to LHR.

The upgrade ex AQJ costs 25JOD btw
Now they cancelled the flight entirely.. Very inconvenient.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:26 am

Now they cancelled the flight entirely.. Very inconvenient.
Sad to hear that. What options did they offer you?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Sad to hear that. What options did they offer you?
A flight 1 day earlier, so that I would have 24 hours in Amman before going home instead of a last day at the beach and an ideal short connection in AMM. That was unacceptable to me so now they will remove the segment from my itinerary and I'll drive to Amman.. Don't think there's any other realistic option?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:13 pm

A flight 1 day earlier, so that I would have 24 hours in Amman before going home instead of a last day at the beach and an ideal short connection in AMM. That was unacceptable to me so now they will remove the segment from my itinerary and I'll drive to Amman.. Don't think there's any other realistic option?
Well yeah, unfortunately, that does not leave you too many options... it's either a bus or a car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.