Royal Jordanian New Frequent Flyer Program

Old Sep 23, 18, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald(RJ), SA Gold(Turkish Elite)
Royal Jordanian New Frequent Flyer Program

Curious what everyones thoughts are on the new reward program. I like the idea of miles no longer expiring but have not figured out how this new program will screw us. Call me skeptical but i doubt this new program will be an overall benefit for RJ frequent travelers.

https://www.rj.com/en/royal-club/wel...ogram-overview
Old Sep 24, 18, 12:37 pm

Programs: RJ Emerald
I am a Platinum (Hawk) who always travels [mostly longhaul] Y on RJ and OW and I don't think much has changed for me in terms of benefits

-The platinum qualification and validity periods are back to 2 years. This was the case for a couple of years before they made it 3 years (my card is still valid till June 2021)
-It became a bit harder to earn platinum, but I can still more than comfortably maintain it;
-Two upgrade vouchers (one for Gold) -Great.... as long as I can find out a way to get them;
-Gold nomination for spouse/partner ....would be great, but it is apparently only granted when you upgrade to Platinum, not when you renew it;
-The manage my account sections of the website has finally changed for the first time since like 2005 or so.
Old Sep 25, 18, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald(RJ), SA Gold(Turkish Elite)
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi View Post
I am a Platinum (Hawk) who always travels [mostly longhaul] Y on RJ and OW and I don't think much has changed for me in terms of benefits

-The platinum qualification and validity periods are back to 2 years. This was the case for a couple of years before they made it 3 years (my card is still valid till June 2021)
-It became a bit harder to earn platinum, but I can still more than comfortably maintain it;
-Two upgrade vouchers (one for Gold) -Great.... as long as I can find out a way to get them;
-Gold nomination for spouse/partner ....would be great, but it is apparently only granted when you upgrade to Platinum, not when you renew it;
-The manage my account sections of the website has finally changed for the first time since like 2005 or so.

The upgrade vouchers would be nice if they work on longhaul flights. I mostly fly ORD - AMM and they always seem to sell any open business class seats they have at the check in counter. Boggles my mind that people will pay $1200 to upgrade for one way Business.
Old Oct 3, 18, 1:26 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ P
When will the free voucher appear in my account? Can’t see any now.
Old Oct 7, 18, 12:33 pm

Programs: RJ Emerald
Originally Posted by flyerby View Post
When will the free voucher appear in my account? Canít see any now.
Same here.

BTW: Royal Club is nothing new.... this is what RJ's FFP was called between the years of 1999 and 2000. Royal Plus was introduced in 2000 and received a rebranding in 2006. I have joined the club back in 2008.

Old Oct 29, 18, 9:24 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ P
Before introducing the new JR FFP, I was able to reserve award tickets on RJ’s website.

I’m unable to do so now. I follow the link in the FFP portal in “Activities”=>”Redeem (Burn Miles)” - https://fly.rj.com/Booking/Award/Inner/EN/Default.aspx
Enter my credentials and get the error “Public member 'Replace' on type 'DBNull' not found.“.

Anyone had a different experience?

Search this Thread