Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: B747-437B
Ethiopian Long-Haul Aircraft with Flat Bed Seats
(UPDATED 05NOV23)

TOTAL : 59 aircraft - 49 with fully flat beds, 10 with 160-angled flat

At least 50+ aircraft with WiFi. WiFi has now been installed on almost all 787s in addition to the 777/350 fleet.

Boeing 777-200LRs
(Total 6 - with WiFi)

ET-ANN - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANO - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANP - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANQ - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ANR - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-AQL - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite

Boeing 777-300ERs
(Total 4 - with WiFi)

ET-APX - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-APY - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ASK - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite
ET-ASL - Yes - Zodiac Aura Lite

Boeing 787-8s
(Total 19 - most - if not all - now fitted with WiFi)

===
ET-AOO - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOP - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOQ - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOR - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOS - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOT - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOU - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-AOV - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-ARE - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-ARF - No - Zodiac Aura Lite (angled)
ET-ASG - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ASH - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ASI - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATG - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATH - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATI - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATJ - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATK - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATL - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel

NOTE : All B787-8 flights are loaded with the flat bed seatmap until between 48-72 hours prior to the flight. Check back within 48 hours when the actual aircraft is allocated and the seatmap may change. If row 11 shows seats ABC-DEF-JKL, then you have the old configuration. If it shows only seats JKL for row 11, then it is the new configuration.

Boeing 787-9s
(Total 10 - all equipped with WiFi)

ET-AUO - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUP - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUQ - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUR - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AXK - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AXL - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AXS - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)
ET-AYC - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)
ET-AYD - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)
ET-AXT - Yes - Collins Aerospace Super Diamond (Reverse Herringbone)

Airbus 350-900s
(Total 20 - all equipped with Wifi)

ET-ATQ - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATR - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-ATY - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUA - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUB - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AUC - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVB - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVC - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVD - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AVE - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWM - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWN - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWO - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AWP - Yes - Collins Aerospace Diamond Parallel
ET-AYA - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AYB - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AYM - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AYN - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AZI - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)
ET-AZN - Yes - Safran Optima (New config)

Print Wikipost

Ethiopian Best Business Class Seats?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2023, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by bfwolf
How long would one expect it to take to renovate one of these 788s when they do take one out of service?
Depends on the LOPA work needed. The seats alone arent a big deal but the wiring, plumbing, etc.. changes needed to reconfigure the cabin can take a while.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 9:11 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Depends on the LOPA work needed. The seats alone aren't a big deal but the wiring, plumbing, etc.. changes needed to reconfigure the cabin can take a while.
It would make sense to fix anything else that needs work at the same time. I believe that airlines doing previous big retrofits merged that in with C & D maintenance cycles.

I looked at the thread over on the UA forum that covered the retrofit of the UA Polaris seat on their existing fleet (777, 787 and 767). UA does their heavy maintenance in China (HKG and XMN). In their discussions they indicated that these retrofits took somewhere between 50 and 100 days. But there was discussion that the stretch from 50 to 100 days took place during/after the pandemic and my be COVID related.

You can look it up yourself by searching on "HKG". Just a warning, this is a very busy thread and there are lots of posts so it may take a while to get what you want out of it.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 7:48 am

Just popping in to add a data point from our recent roundtrip EWR-ADD-EWR - against all odds, both outbound and inbound flights were on 787-9s with the Super Diamond seats (AYC and AXT). The return leg was showing as a 787-8 all the way through our arrival at the gate in ADD where the agent printed a new boarding pass to reflect the new seating arrangement. What an amazing surprise!

Service was lovely on all flights, and the seats were great (all seats equally good from what we experienced).
Just wanted to share my experience, as I found this thread very helpful in the lead-up to our trip. [Content off-topic to this seating thread deleted by Moderator but member is welcome to post separately in this forum.]
j_pp likes this.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; Jan 2, 2024 at 8:48 am Reason: Plese see note above.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold
What web site can I look at to see what aircraft ET will be using on ET 575 ORD-ADD and ET 574 ADD-ORD? My flights are in 3 weeks, I'd like to know what business seats I will have, the new or old ones. Where is the actual aircraft being used info posted, on the ET web site?
Old Jan 3, 2024, 3:13 pm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by susiesan
What web site can I look at to see what aircraft ET will be using on ET 575 ORD-ADD and ET 574 ADD-ORD? My flights are in 3 weeks, I'd like to know what business seats I will have, the new or old ones. Where is the actual aircraft being used info posted, on the ET web site?
you won’t know until closer to 48-72 hrs from your flights departure time. On your reservation it will say what the planned aircraft is, but you could very well experience a swap. Flightradar24 is free and shows you what tail number is assigned to your flight roughly 24hrs out.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by susiesan
Check the seat map on the website for Economy class. If there is row 11ABC showing, then it is the old config. If Economy Class row 11 only has JKL showing, then you have the flat bed config in Business Class.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 1:14 am

Posting here to avoid creating a new thread - Is row 42 in the 777-200LR good? That's the first row with two seats only on the sides. Obviously that alone is an advantage, but how is the seat pitch? Is it the same as in the other economy rows, or less?

Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2024, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by ArnoldB
Posting here to avoid creating a new thread - Is row 42 in the 777-200LR good? That's the first row with two seats only on the sides. Obviously that alone is an advantage, but how is the seat pitch? Is it the same as in the other economy rows, or less?
Yes, those are the best seats but the catch is you will almost certainly have someone next to you as they don't block the non-existant middle for *G passengers.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 5:22 am

Traveling with my +1, so that wont be an issue was just afraid that maybe there is less legroom back there.
B747-437B likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by ArnoldB
Traveling with my +1, so that wont be an issue was just afraid that maybe there is less legroom back there.
No, the legroom is actually (very) marginally better as the seats are ever so slightly angled due to the fuselage narrowing.
ArnoldB likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 11:53 am

I would really appreciate it if one of you could tell me what our business class seats will be (lay flat vs angled) for our HKG-ADD flight will be (ET 609 leaving HKG at 22:50 on Jan 8) and for our second flight: ADD-ORD (ET574 leaving ADD at 22:40 on Jan 9). I have tried to find the seat map for my flight but have not been able to locate it. Thank you.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by mahdnc
I would really appreciate it if one of you could tell me what our business class seats will be (lay flat vs angled) for our HKG-ADD flight will be (ET 609 leaving HKG at 22:50 on Jan 8) and for our second flight: ADD-ORD (ET574 leaving ADD at 22:40 on Jan 9). I have tried to find the seat map for my flight but have not been able to locate it. Thank you.
Currently the flight has not been assigned a specific aircraft. The schedule says it is a B787-9 which will be a lie flat 2-2-2 business class configuration. An aircraft will be assigned is something like 24 - 36 hours. Anything can happen between now and when the aircraft is assigned.

The aircraft for ET574 departing tomorrow evening is ET-AXS, one of the 787-9 with the 1-2-1 lie flat reverse herringbone seats. The aircraft that arrived this morning at ORD was ET-AXL (787-9 with lie flat 2-2-2 seating) and the aircraft that arrived yesterday morning was ET-AOU (a 787-8 with the angled-flat 2-2-2 seats).

Last edited by cheltzel; Jan 6, 2024 at 2:34 pm
Old Jan 6, 2024, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by cheltzel
Currently the flight has not been assigned a specific aircraft. The schedule says it is a B787-9 which will be a lie flat 2-2-2 business class configuration. An aircraft will be assigned is something like 24 - 36 hours. Anything can happen between now and when the aircraft is assigned.

The aircraft for ET574 departing tomorrow evening is ET-AXS, one of the 787-9 with the 1-2-1 lie flat reverse herringbone seats. The aircraft that arrived this morning at ORD was ET-AXL (787-9 with lie flat 2-2-2 seating) and the aircraft that arrived yesterday morning was ET-AOU (a 787-8 with the angled-flat 2-2-2 seats).
Thank you.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by mahdnc
According to FlightRadar24, flight ET574 departing ADD on December 9 is ET-AXC. A B787-9 with the 1-2-1 lie flat in the reverse herringbone configuration.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by cheltzel
According to FlightRadar24, flight ET574 departing ADD on December 9 is ET-AXC. A B787-9 with the 1-2-1 lie flat in the reverse herringbone configuration.
Hi! That would be nice. Right now I’m in flight (Jan 10 ADD - ORD) with semi workable WiFi. We are in a 2-2-2 config with lay flats.

B747-437B likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.