Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:35 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
Question

If anyone knows if the 20% off promo codes are transferable, and someone doesn't have a need for theirs, I could absolutely use one! I'd be open for trading an American or Delta lounge pass or something similar. Please PM me.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by milesandpoints
If anyone knows if the 20% off promo codes are transferable, and someone doesn't have a need for theirs, I could absolutely use one! I'd be open for trading an American or Delta lounge pass or something similar. Please PM me.
The 20% off promo works with out problems in other accounts although not legal if you read terms and conditions.

The discount only applies on the price of the Unrestricted rate.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by adobbing
Are there any sign up bonus / referral offers for Melia Rewards, links posted further up seem to no longer work.
Myself and colleagues have a stay at The Melia White House in London and so I was planning to join their loyalty scheme and then possibly refer colleagues.
I'll take it that's a No then !
Old Oct 21, 2016, 10:45 am

Programs: Melia Planium, IB+, BAEC
Smile MeliaRewards Offers

Originally Posted by adobbing
Are there any sign up bonus / referral offers for Melia Rewards, links posted further up seem to no longer work.
Myself and colleagues have a stay at The Melia White House in London and so I was planning to join their loyalty scheme and then possibly refer colleagues.
I am not aware of any offers, sadly. When you sign up you get 2,000 bonus points automatically.
If you live in Spain, you can apply for AmEx MeliaRewards card and get 35,000 points bonus after you spend 1,000 EUR during the first 6 month. Also you will get 4 MeliaRewards points for each 1 EUR spend.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Any new or updated sweet spots with this program? In the past I have gone with points & cash bookings, which seems to be a good way to redeem. There's still a Buy Points offer, where 1,000 points costs €5 instead of €8.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Make sure you checkin online for your stays. It probably won't save any time, in fact may take longer, but... There seems to be a fairly 1k points bonus at the moment for doing so. You only need 2k points to do a cash+points booking, which often knocks a fair bit off the price, so it's not a bad discount off the next stay! (Gold may get even more, at least if my last few stays are anything to go by)

Beyond ~2k points towards a cash+points booking, I've not yet come across any really sweet spots
Old Nov 25, 2016, 11:15 am

Melia Sweet Spots

Originally Posted by Concerto
Any new or updated sweet spots with this program? In the past I have gone with points & cash bookings, which seems to be a good way to redeem. There's still a Buy Points offer, where 1,000 points costs €5 instead of €8.
For me one of Melia's sweet spots is INNSIDE New York Nomad, which is based in Chelsea. It's a newly build, 4* hotel which one can snag for only 18,000 MeliaRewards points per night. That's only 90 euros per night! For New York it's a very good deal, IMHO. Price in points often much cheaper than price in cash (if you buy points while they are on sale, until the end of this year). But you always have to compare, of course.

Another attractive redemption is Gran Melia Palacio de Isora on Tenerife, which was considered the best Spanish resort hotel by Conde Nast Traveller back in 2014 I think (don't quote me on that! That's 49,000 point for all inclusive (that's 250 euros via points). Direct cash price of the same room is over 350 euros.

Oh, and now Melia is running 50% off Black Friday sale!
Old Nov 25, 2016, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All great suggestions, thanks very much. Oddly, I quite like the Melia family of hotels.

These days I am not sure how Tryp fits into the picture. I stayed at the Tryp in Halle, Germany, and they had never heard of Melia Rewards. They did seem to be owned by Wyndham, though, so does Melia no longer own the Tryp brand?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
@dumba: I would be interested in how you find these kinds of deals, especially with regards to the Innside in New York city?

Is there any kind of overview on when a hotel has a particularly low amount for points redemption?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I have just been looking at the Innside in New York City and I can't see any points rates for 18,000 points. Most of them start around 39,000 points, which can be brought down by using Points & Cash rates. Would be interesting to know how you secure it for a lower rate. Maybe when bookings are low, off season?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:17 pm

INNSIDE NoMAd New York

Originally Posted by Concerto
Yes, I have just been looking at the Innside in New York City and I can't see any points rates for 18,000 points. Most of them start around 39,000 points, which can be brought down by using Points & Cash rates. Would be interesting to know how you secure it for a lower rate. Maybe when bookings are low, off season?
Hi Concerto,

I have booked a week at INNSIDE NoMad in New York for this spring for 18,000 Melia Rewards points per night. Only one night was more expensive in points, so I paid for it in cash (using 2,000 points to reduce the price). So I am a living proof that the hotel has these kind of prices in points. I booked it back in October/November 2016 (so around 3 months in advance), so that explains why there were rooms at this price level in points. Also February/March is not a high season.
I have to say that I was monitoring the price in points nervously, while saving up enough for this redemption. Luckily, I managed to book it for 18,000 points per night. And since then the price went up quite a lot. I recommend checking the price throughout the year. Also keep in mind that points redemption bookings can be amended/cancelled free of charge up to a couple of days before the stay. So if you see a good redemption you might want to book it now and then decide later.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:40 pm

Deals at Melia hotels

Originally Posted by SunshineStay
@dumba: I would be interested in how you find these kinds of deals, especially with regards to the Innside in New York city?

Is there any kind of overview on when a hotel has a particularly low amount for points redemption?
Hi SunshineStay,
To be honest, I don't have any secret on how to find these sweetspots. I just read travel blogs, that's how I learned about INNSIDE NoMad. Also I check various property and see what rates they have in points.
Have a look at the Melia Rewards points redemption chart: https://www.melia.com/en/mymeliarewa...iarewards.html
Another one of my favorite redemption sweetspots is Melia La Defence in Paris: by using 2,000 points and cash, you can get a room for around 70 euros per night, which is a very decent price for a new 4* hotel in Paris. If you have 20% off codes, you can bring the price down even further.
In general, I always compare price in cash and in points. Currently you can buy points: 5 EUR for 1,000 (until 31st of March 2017). By converting price of a room in points into cash, you can compare and see for yourself what is best. Sometimes price in cash is cheaper than price in points.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Shareholder's club

Does anyone have any first hand experience with their shareholder's club?

I understand that 1 share only gets you to Silver, which can easily be achieved with 2 stay ... and is not worth too much anyway ...

But 1000 shares get you to gold, which is similar to SPG gold (late check out, water, etc). Now, how many stays do you need on top of 1000 shares to get to Plat, which is worth quite a lot (late check out, lounge access, airport lounge card)?
Old Jan 28, 2017, 1:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by swiss_global

I understand that 1 share only gets you to Silver, which can easily be achieved with 2 stay ... and is not worth too much anyway ...

But 1000 shares get you to gold, which is similar to SPG gold (late check out, water, etc). Now, how many stays do you need on top of 1000 shares to get to Plat, which is worth quite a lot (late check out, lounge access, airport lounge card)?
How much are their shares and what is the ticker symbol?
Old Jan 28, 2017, 1:27 pm

Melia Platinum

Originally Posted by swiss_global
Hey swiss_global, I don't know much about shareholder's club, but one of the ways to get to Melia Rewards' elite levels is via their Spanish AmEx charge card: after spending 10,000 euros a year, one will get a Melia Platinum. To apply one need to be a Spanish resident though. More info here: https://www.americanexpress.com/es/t...jeta-mas-gold/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.