Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MeliaRewards [formerly Sol Melia MAS] program

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2013, 2:04 am

Programs: all
I have 96k points missing with the exact situation...I have contacted lufthansa and melia both..nothing resolved
Old Sep 4, 2013, 2:14 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
See more informative thread about this specific problem
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...m-m-miles.html
Old Sep 16, 2013, 2:19 pm

is the site down...sign in does not work
Old Sep 23, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
Originally Posted by pantanal
is the site down...sign in does not work
Try the login page in stead of the dropdown login on the homepage.

https://www.melia.com/nMas/jsp/C_Login_Mas.jsp
Old Sep 23, 2013, 2:13 pm

Sol Melia MAS program

That's not it. They cancelled my account. I hate Melia
Old Oct 6, 2013, 8:11 am

Programs: FB Gold
Any news? Does anybody can transfer points anywhere?
Old Oct 12, 2013, 4:46 pm

Is the gold benefit "Second person sharing room stays free" also valid for all-inclusive resorts in Cuba? Anyone with experiences...
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:40 am

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
MAS program - Cuba

Originally Posted by roland_wa
Is the gold benefit "Second person sharing room stays free" also valid for all-inclusive resorts in Cuba? Anyone with experiences...
Suggest contacting the Cuban resort directly....I never received my Melia points at any Cuban resorts although they would take your info so I suspect the program is irrelevant to them. Cuba does their own thing and personal contact trumps external loyalty programs I found.

Just back from Sol Cayo Guillermo in the Melia family and its low season so there were no extra charges for single occupancy rooms (same rate as for two people so no extra person charge) and that was for "anyone" booking.....I only stay with Melia group hotels in Cuba so gave up on the MAS program and don't even mention it now since it was useless in Cuba.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 10:16 am

I know its been a while, since this Thread has been active, but my Question is with Melia, and I could not see any other Thread, with this Topic..

So: I wanted to transfer Points from my Account to the one of a Friend of mine - but the Melia-System always shows "there was a problem, try again later"...Any Ideas, what I can do?
Old Mar 21, 2014, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
I know its been a while, since this Thread has been active, but my Question is with Melia, and I could not see any other Thread, with this Topic..

So: I wanted to transfer Points from my Account to the one of a Friend of mine - but the Melia-System always shows "there was a problem, try again later"...Any Ideas, what I can do?
This option does not works for many months, I don't know why, you can try asking in the MeliaRewards Facebook wall, customer service in facebook is usually pretty good.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:51 am

Birthday night...

Does anyone have a current birthday free night code that could check a price for me? I'm doing some travel in June and am trying to figure out if I'd get a decent option with my birthday code I should get next month, or if I should just book elsewhere to begin with.

thanks
goodo
Old Dec 6, 2015, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Points purchase special offer

Meila Rewards doesn't seem to get a very good press here but I find it useful to have an account with a few points in it. This is because 1) there are sometimes very good Points & Cash redemption deals (for stays in their hotels) and 2) it is useful to have points handy for transferring into airberlin's TopBonus programme, which always seems to work without problems for me. This is because airberlin sometimes have bonus miles offers for completing a series of non air/flying transactions, and a transfer from Melia to TopBonus would count as an activity which would not actually cost anything.

All this to say, there is currently an offer to buy Meila Points at a reduced price. So, instead of paying €8 per 1,000 points the price is only €5 per 1,000 at the moment. I just bought 20,000 points for €100 and I am sure I can make good use of them in the future.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 10:36 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
there is currently an offer to buy Meila Points at a reduced price. So, instead of paying €8 per 1,000 points the price is only €5 per 1,000 at the moment.
Thanks for posting this. I had not received an email from Meliá.

The promotion runs from 1 Dec 2015 to 28 Feb 2016. The drop-down allows one to select up to 125,000 points (for 625 EUR), although I thought the maximum was 100,000 points per year (which is what it says on their "purchasing points" page here.

I spent a few minutes looking for redemption opportunities that would make this am attractive deal, but couldn't spot any.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Yes I fear it's going to be tricky to find anything decent to spend the points on, unless you can find a points and cash deal in a decent hotel somewhere. The best scores I made with these were in decent hotels in the chain in non touristy Spanish cities, such as Oviedo or La Coruña. For me, I figure €100 isn't too much and it gives me the chance to keep a reasonable float of points in the account for transfers or redemptions.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 1:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Anyone know if the Melía Rewards Birthday Surprise is still the BOGOF night it was in 2014? Just realised I never got anything from them around my birthday in 2015, nor this year either (my 2016 birthday was a few weeks back). Before I go do battle with their generally useless customer services, wanted to check what I should be hassling them for...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.