Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (ARCHIVE)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Older posts on GHA and DISCOVERY may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-hotel-chains/1064040-global-hotel-alliance-unveils-loyalty-program.html

Please Note - As of November, 2019 - Former Official Company Representative DISCOVERYLady is no longer an active member of FlyerTalk.

Thank you,

FlyinHawaiian, Acting Moderator
Other Hotel Chains Forum
Print Wikipost

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (ARCHIVE)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by DISCOVERYLady
LetsGoToo -- AMEX travel is a travel management company and not an OTA (I know it is very confusing! --- an OTA would be sites such as Expedia, booking.com, hotels.com, Orbitz, etc) -- AMEX Travel would for the most part offer rates which qualify for DISCOVERY benefits (earning status, status recognition/benefits such as upgrades at the hotel, earning of Local Experience Awards, etc) -- If you call AMEX Travel, you can ask if the rate is a qualifying rate... If you go to the AMEX Travel website, I am not sure how it would be displayed but most, if not all of the rates offered for an individual booking would qualify. If you are able to book on discoveryloyalty.com then you can be assured that all bookings would qualify for night credit and rewards/recognition. Please let me know if you have additional questions. appreciate your interest!
I book 2 rooms, for 4 nights, but credited 1 room only, i should make a claim every time, it always happens, why you can't fix this issue more than 2 years?

I should got a new local experience, but i didn't, i should ask again every time.

The benefit is also hit and miss, last time i stay on Pan Pacific didn't get upgrade, even a single upgrade. (I am a black member )

14 stays in the past 2 years, i need to make a claim 11 times

If you can't make a good loyalty system, please be generous give benefit to your loyal high tier member ( but you don't)

Will i prefer GHA than other hotel chains if the price and quality is same, unfortunately NO
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
It's quite sad that GHA is losing its footprint in SEA. Just been to Jakarta, passed by Alila and went in to talk to the management. Had been told they are moving to Hyatt system around June/July. And previously Pan Pacific Jakarta left GHA for some local brand.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:36 pm

Anyone has prior Black benefits and upgrade experience at Avani Hua Hin? First trip to HH and am looking at trying this or HIlton (of which I'm a Diamond). For the record I'm a Kempinski Black. Will have 3 Adults and 2 Kids. Thanks!
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:12 pm

You can sign up on the discoveryloyalty.com site or at the hotel. By signing up on the site, you can set up your website user access at the same time.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by barracuda93
It's quite sad that GHA is losing its footprint in SEA. Just been to Jakarta, passed by Alila and went in to talk to the management. Had been told they are moving to Hyatt system around June/July. And previously Pan Pacific Jakarta left GHA for some local brand.
Alila parent company (Two Roads Hospitality) was purchased by Hyatt I believe.
Losing Alila does have significant reduction for GHA footprint in SEA region.
Only 1 hotel left in Jakarta (Hotel Indonesia Kempinski) and they also added 1 Kempinski in Bali and Singapore.
They lose a number of Alilas in Bali and Alila Solo

Alila Jakarta does have good staff but unfortunately the hotel itself looks very tired and dated.

And for Sari Pan Pacific, the hotel was deflagged by Pan Pacific group.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Alila parent company (Two Roads Hospitality) was purchased by Hyatt I believe.
Losing Alila does have significant reduction for GHA footprint in SEA region.
Only 1 hotel left in Jakarta (Hotel Indonesia Kempinski) and they also added 1 Kempinski in Bali and Singapore.
They lose a number of Alilas in Bali and Alila Solo

Alila Jakarta does have good staff but unfortunately the hotel itself looks very tired and dated.

And for Sari Pan Pacific, the hotel was deflagged by Pan Pacific group.
Yes, we will miss the Alila brand at DISCOVERY but we have a large number of wonderful hotels and resorts in Asia Pacific -- We just announced that we will be adding two new brands -- Capella and Solis Hotels -- in the middle of the year with some great locations in SE Asia and Europe... see below...

The Capella hotels in Düsseldorf, Shanghai, Sanya, Singapore, Ubud and Bangkok (opening mid-2019) will become part of Ultratravel Collection, an exclusive portfolio of the alliance’s DISCOVERY program. Capella is further expanding its footprint in 2019 with a hotel along the Chao Phraya River in Bangkok set to open later this year, and two further locations – the Maldives and Sydney – also in the pipeline. Capella embodies the craft of hospitality, combining luxury design with the highest level of personalised service, to create unique and memorable stays. Recognising the importance of culture and the local context, each property sits in harmony with its environment, offering Capella curated guest experiences both on- and off-site, expertly designed to offer a glimpse into the soul of each locale. Capella and Solis are natural additions to the alliance’s rich collection of independent brands.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
There are 2 Alilas in Jakarta, the one you refer to is pretty poor in terms of hard product, a newer one looks amazing on pics (but is priced ridiculously high IMO).
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Alila SCBD. They never participate in GHA Discovery I believe.

And about new brands joining, thats is a good news!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 4:17 am

Re Lack of Customer Service /Support

I am a black card member. [personal information removed by moderator]

@DISCOVERYLady

I have emailed more than 14 days ago and multiple times and have yet to receive any response. I have tried both direct email and using the mobile app. In both case I received the auto responder but still no reply.

It is getting a bit frustrating as I hope to move forward is there something wrong with their email system or there is another alternative to reach them.from Singapore?
Thank you

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Apr 17, 2019 at 5:00 am Reason: edited post to comply with this site's rules and for clarity
Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:45 am

Also does anyone know how long it takes for the experience point to be credited ? My reservation was on the 6th of Apr. Today is 21 yet it is not credit. Thank you
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by sgguy81
Also does anyone know how long it takes for the experience point to be credited ? My reservation was on the 6th of Apr. Today is 21 yet it is not credit. Thank you
Lol same here, i think the system is broke down, i submit a claim and no answer..

@DISCOVERYLady any chance someone fix your system, or it is something usual?
Old May 12, 2019, 2:55 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
two questions -

1. If the hotel is showing availability of higher rooms but do not upgrade you, is there anything that can be done against the hotel? Is there any guarantee like in the Marriott program?

2. As i understand you only get 1 a year for obtaining a status and one for each new brand (for your entire membership) not each year, so in reality if you stay at say 3 brands in 3 years years and have platinum/black you will only have 6 experiences over a 3 year period?
Old May 12, 2019, 10:02 am

As far as I know, Marriott never have guarantee for the lack of upgrade for Bonvoy members.

Old May 13, 2019, 11:18 pm

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
As far as I know, Marriott never have guarantee for the lack of upgrade for Bonvoy members.

Apologies your right however if a higher category room is available and they are not offering it then almost everytime I have pointed this out in the hotel I have always been upgraded or given compensation because the hotels honour and respect the programme. As someone who is new to discovery I am worried that as the hotels are loosly linked this might not be the case? and say I complained to Discovery about a hotel how serious would it be deal with who failed to upgrade given they had availability.
Old May 14, 2019, 9:58 am

Actually, my experience was the opposite.

All my stays with GHA hotels as a Platinums (mostly Kempinskis, Parkroyals, and Alilas) got upgraded as per t&c or higher.
However, stays at Marriott properties (as an Ambassador) I only get upgraded in 50% of times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.