Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Other Hotel Chains
Reload this Page >

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (ARCHIVE)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 28, 2019, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
Older posts on GHA and DISCOVERY may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-hotel-chains/1064040-global-hotel-alliance-unveils-loyalty-program.html

Please Note - As of November, 2019 - Former Official Company Representative DISCOVERYLady is no longer an active member of FlyerTalk.

Thank you,

FlyinHawaiian, Acting Moderator
Other Hotel Chains Forum
Print Wikipost

Global Hotel Alliance DISCOVERY Loyalty Program Q+A Thread (ARCHIVE)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:13 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Is there an issue with the Omni and Discovery systems talking to each other? During my regular account self-audits, I've found neither has credited all of my tier nights - with Discovery missing 8 Omni nights from earlier in the year and Omni missing what seems like all of my partner nights. I sent a stay credit claim to Discovery and a webform inquiry to Omni, but wondering if Discovery Lady knows of a known issue?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Question about GHA double night promo.

1. If I booked 2 rooms for 4 nights each, Do I get 8 nights credit or 16 nights credit? (after promotional night applied)
2. When will be the promotional nights applied ? together with the night credit posting or few days/weeks later ?

Thanks !
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: SK Gold
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Question about GHA double night promo.

1. If I booked 2 rooms for 4 nights each, Do I get 8 nights credit or 16 nights credit? (after promotional night applied)
2. When will be the promotional nights applied ? together with the night credit posting or few days/weeks later ?

Thanks !
I tried to do the exact same thing at the Kempinski Berchtesgaden last year, booked 2 rooms for 4 nights during double night promotion. Only 8 nights posted. Tried to claim 16 nights through online claim form, never even received a response from them.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Black status for MC World Elite cardholders in Asia Pacific, now official: https://www.discoveryloyalty.com/Dis...with-DISCOVERY
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:35 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Travel4Love
I tried to do the exact same thing at the Kempinski Berchtesgaden last year, booked 2 rooms for 4 nights during double night promotion. Only 8 nights posted. Tried to claim 16 nights through online claim form, never even received a response from them.
I did receive response from cs. Ask me to wait further 2 weeks for the extra night posted.
Cant be bother to chase further.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:10 pm

Does GHA have any special rates (like IHG Friends and Family for example) or promo-codes that could be publicly used? I really liked Anantara Siam and wish to stay there again, but the best rate I get with Anantara Privilege is still too high. And unlike Marriotts, seems to be impossible to BRG it (even if possible, little use, just 10% extra discount).
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by barracuda93
Black status for MC World Elite cardholders in Asia Pacific, now official: https://www.discoveryloyalty.com/Dis...with-DISCOVERY
I was recently upgraded through this promo, however even though it says status will be valid until the end of the following year (i.e. December 2020), my GHA app says my status is only valid until "February 2019".

Perhaps @DISCOVERYLady is able to look into this?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
I was recently upgraded through this promo, however even though it says status will be valid until the end of the following year (i.e. December 2020), my GHA app says my status is only valid until "February 2019".
I got Feb 2020 in the app – had to expedite status upgrade before 1 Jan, as I had an upcoming stay then. Lost a year of status, effectively – should have been until Dec 2020 otherwise
But the stay was great.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:35 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
I got Feb 2020 in the app – had to expedite status upgrade before 1 Jan, as I had an upcoming stay then. Lost a year of status, effectively – should have been until Dec 2020 otherwise
But the stay was great.
What property and what benefits did the Black status give you?

I'll get in touch with GHA Discovery support to make sure my status is valid till end of 2020.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:47 am

What property and what benefits did the Black status give you?
Anantara Bangkok.
I had a booking for a Club room, got upgraded to a Siam Suite (it's not a suite technically, but it's an amazing room) – though it's a 1-level upgrade, it was New year time and hotel was full, so I am grateful they did upgrade me. I could have got 6 PM check-out from what I understood too, but didn't need it due to leaving for my flight.

Sadly, the program doesn't have anything like reward stays, but I will try catching a decent rate at this hotel to stay again. On a cash booking I would prefer Anantara Siam over any Marriott/SPG hotel I stayed in Bangkok and over InterContinental. The only weak point is no views (this is where IC shines), but room and overall property design compensate for that.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 12:24 pm

Thanks for the inquiry. As this is a special benefit offered through World Elite MasterCard in Asia Pacific, please contact the World Elite MasterCard concierge who can confirm your eligibility and pass the info to us to adjust the expiration date. Please let me know if we can do anything else to help. Safe travels in 2019!

Does GHA have any special rates (like IHG Friends and Family for example) or promo-codes that could be publicly used? I really liked Anantara Siam and wish to stay there again, but the best rate I get with Anantara Privilege is still too high. And unlike Marriotts, seems to be impossible to BRG it (even if possible, little use, just 10% extra discount).
We do not have any publicly available friends and family rates, but many of our hotels offer member rates of 10% or more (richer discount than many of our competitors whose member discounts may only be 2 or 3%). We send out Exclusive Offers emails on the 3rd or 4th Monday of every month (depending on how many Mondays!) which have offers of at least 10% (often 20-30% and occasionally 50-60% off) bookable til the following Sunday. Many of our hotels also offer special rates and packages which you can explore in the Special Offers section of discoveryloyalty.com. Happy travels!

Originally Posted by cloud-nine
I've had a great local experience in the past - really nice benefit of the programme, especially on leisure trips which allow a little more time for these things (!)

I was interested by your comment that around half are no stay required. I've just checked for London (travelling further for leisure is harder with the addition of a little one!) - there are none in London which have no stay required. I then looked wider across the UK without any more luck... of the 58 local experiences in the UK, only 2 are no stay required (both in Bristol). Would love to get your thoughts on this - has there been a change of policy?
Sorry for the delayed response! We have been encouraging our hotels to consider offering more "no stay required" Local Experiences .... this is at the discretion of the hotel. Keep checking back --- it also might be worth contacting a hotel that requires a stay to redeem to see if they would allow a redemption without a stay.... let me know if you have any additional questions or comments. thanks!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 4, 2019 at 4:13 am Reason: consecutive posts merged
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: Eurobonus (*G)
Originally Posted by Travel4Love
Thon Discovery which is the hotel chain I am a black member through have confirmed that they only give stay credit for one room per night. Will assume this is standard for all GHA chains.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by DISCOVERYLady
Thanks for the inquiry. As this is a special benefit offered through World Elite MasterCard in Asia Pacific, please contact the World Elite MasterCard concierge who can confirm your eligibility and pass the info to us to adjust the expiration date. Please let me know if we can do anything else to help. Safe travels in 2019!
If I have had my status upgraded on 31 Dec (as I mentioned, I had a stay on 1 Jan and thought it's too risky to leave the matter for the morning before check-in), is it still possible to have an expiration date set to Dec 2020 if I pass the request through MC WorldElite concierge?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:20 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards, KLM Flying blue, Qatar Airways Privilege club, GHA Discovery
I have a runover of 12 nights from last year as a black member but this doesn't reflect in my Dashboard yet (still showing 0/30 stays)...
I'm trying to get this sorted with GHA but their response is sooooo slow and not helping much. I also still have to receive 2 local experiences from a stay in December and for my black membership extension.

I know Hilton is also not that responsive or helpful but this is getting ridiculous......
Old Jan 17, 2019, 12:55 pm

The DISCOVERY programme rules are that members can get room night credit for a maximum of 2 rooms/night assuming the rooms are both booked with the member name and membership number, that the member stays in one of the rooms and the rooms are in the same hotel.

If you did not receive credits for two rooms booked and consumed as outlined above, please send you inquiry and folio information to DISCOVERY Memberships Services at [email protected]. Please let me know if you run into additional issues. Thanks for being a member!

If I have had my status upgraded on 31 Dec (as I mentioned, I had a stay on 1 Jan and thought it's too risky to leave the matter for the morning before check-in), is it still possible to have an expiration date set to Dec 2020 if I pass the request through MC WorldElite concierge?
yes, please contact the World Elite MasterCard concierge who can verify your cardmembership and send us the details on extending your status. Thanks for being a member!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Feb 4, 2019 at 4:04 am Reason: consecutive posts merged

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.