Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Program is calendar year based, so the nights/stays earned in this year determines your status next year.
Consecutive nights are always counted as one stay, regardless of guest checks in and out.

Tiers
Gateway
Upgrade: 3 stays or 9 nights
Renewal: 1 stay or 3 nights (unclear how to achieve 3 nights without fulfilling the 1 stay criteria, but this is how the rules are communicated)
Notable perk: Fruit and bottled water upon arrival

Voyager
Upgrade: 5 stays or 15 nights
Renewal: 2 stays or 6 nights
Notable perk: Upgrade at check-in (subject to availability, Club access never included even if upgraded to "club room"), 1 personalised welcome gift

Destiny
Invite only, probably revenue based, targeted to top 1% of customers
Notable perk: Limousine transfer (one way), 2 personalised welcome gifts

For members of Voyager and Destiny tier, one complimentary suite upgrade is earned after 5 stays or 15 nights. The actual voucher is difficult to obtain and to use, see post 173.

Status-matches
Unknown if 1865 does matches, but off and on they offer complimentary tiers to different card holders.
A few FF program (eg BAEC) offers comped 1865 status

In december 2016 new rules were introduced. Newspaper perk was removed Tier qualification was changed so that it can be earned by nights aswell as by stays.
1865 PRIVILEGE ENHANCEMENTS

Best Rate Guarantee
1) Respective hotel will verify and approve/deny the BRG claim.
2) Must match room type and rate type.

Langham Place Xiamen
1) Seems to provide Club L access to Voyager and above members. Need verification.
Print Wikipost

Langham 1865 Program

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2012, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Simmo
Anyone got anymore Voyager experiences to add?
+1 Inquiring minds want to know...
Old Dec 8, 2012, 5:47 pm

Looks like more Langham options coming in 2013 - Langham Chicago, and Langham Place NYC.

From their website:
http://chicago.langhamhotels.com/

http://newyork.langhamplacehotels.com/

They're taking over the Setai in NYC in January and the "IBM" building in Chicago late 2013.

This makes the 1865 program a little more interesting.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
Today was delivered the package.
Voyager, with a nice luggage tag and golden card.
I feel now dutiful to visit one of their property.
And likely will be in Hong Kong.

Unfortunately they have still a little number of affiliates, and hope things are going to improve soon.
The quality and the general reviews are mostly very positive.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 1:00 am

Location: Shanghai, Beijing, Melbourne, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Vancouver
Programs: A3 Gold, CX, CA, PCR Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, 1865 Voyager
It seems that the group will have an ambitious expansion plan mostly in the APAC region.

I have recently stayed in Hong Kong Eaton Smart, a 4-star property with my 1865 Voyager status. I origially booked the smart room and it had been upgraded to a "small suite" upon check-in. Also after I called the service assistant I was a Voyager member, they quickly sent the welcome fruit and local amentities ( 6 pieces of almond chocolate!)

I guess the overall experience was not bad considering only two stays (or nights?) will allow you to retain the voyager status.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 1:47 am
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by twydeutschland
It seems that the group will have an ambitious expansion plan mostly in the APAC region.

I have recently stayed in Hong Kong Eaton Smart, a 4-star property with my 1865 Voyager status. I origially booked the smart room and it had been upgraded to a "small suite" upon check-in. Also after I called the service assistant I was a Voyager member, they quickly sent the welcome fruit and local amentities ( 6 pieces of almond chocolate!)

I guess the overall experience was not bad considering only two stays (or nights?) will allow you to retain the voyager status.
Oh they are very great full with their upgrades, especially for hong kong hotels which are booked out many times...
Usually if they know about your arrival ahead of time they will already have put the welcome stuff (fruit, coke, water, sparkling water, wine) in your room.
A nice perk is to use the membership card as a room key aswell.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 3:54 am

Location: Shanghai, Beijing, Melbourne, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney, Vancouver
Programs: A3 Gold, CX, CA, PCR Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by mxr:20187637
Originally Posted by twydeutschland

Oh they are very great full with their upgrades, especially for hong kong hotels which are booked out many times...
Usually if they know about your arrival ahead of time they will already have put the welcome stuff (fruit, coke, water, sparkling water, wine) in your room.
A nice perk is to use the membership card as a room key aswell.
I did receive sparkling water for my last stay.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 2:27 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by Simmo
Anyone got anymore Voyager experiences to add?
Late to this thread...

UK based and Voyager status (from Gateway) was a year end thing. Got a suite voucher then and another one at the end of last year. Used it to upgrade from a Club room and kept Club entry, valid for up to three nights in one stay.

Tend to stay in London but have stayed in AKL and will be in SYD in a couple of weeks. My main comment would be that the recognition is very variable but this seems to be mainly a London thing (and applies to lots of things in the hotel - on a good day it is very good and on other very average) and I have had a number of discussions with management there who seemed guuinely interested in improvement. Usually get a welcome card, almost always a small gift - candle better than room spray, about 50% of the time something extra with water, fruit or chocolate - the appearance of this 'amenity' is random as is the content. Upgrades also vary but they are advertised as space available.

Overall all feels rather random.

I too would be interested to learn about Destiny experiences (anyone ever met a Destiny card holder ??? )
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:08 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Langham Yangtze Shanghai

Saw from tripadvisor that this hotel was sold off by Langham Hotels and renamed to The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai as of March 2013.

It's no longer listed on Langham Hotels website as well.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:39 am
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Saw from tripadvisor that this hotel was sold off by Langham Hotels and renamed to The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai as of March 2013.

It's no longer listed on Langham Hotels website as well.
oh wow, too bad! It was an amazing hotel for the langham group IMO. What will they do with the Chuan Spa in that hotel?

Really a big loss since the room was spacious, breakfast buffet was amazing and the spa was as good as any other langham spa!
Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by mxr
oh wow, too bad! It was an amazing hotel for the langham group IMO. What will they do with the Chuan Spa in that hotel?

Really a big loss since the room was spacious, breakfast buffet was amazing and the spa was as good as any other langham spa!
Guess only the 2 properties left at Xintiandi in Shanghai. They should open a property in Taipei.

Last edited by lcpteck; Mar 19, 2013 at 1:28 am
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:27 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AF/KL Gold, 1865 Voyager, Le Club Platinum, HHonors Gold
Has anyone had any luck with Langham's BRG previously?

Seems like a winner if one is successful with the BRG - Matched rate plus 25% discount.

I've just submitted a BRG for the Langham Place HKG for a stay in November, if it comes up aces, I'll be quite chuffed with the saving!
Old Jun 6, 2013, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Gunnar Smithsen
Has anyone had any luck with Langham's BRG previously?

Seems like a winner if one is successful with the BRG - Matched rate plus 25% discount.

I've just submitted a BRG for the Langham Place HKG for a stay in November, if it comes up aces, I'll be quite chuffed with the saving!
I tried with Langham Xintiandi, Shanghai.

No success as it seems you need to match against Langham's lowest rate (advance purchase rates). They even asked for booking confirmation email from the other provider.

Let us know how your BRG turns out.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 8:36 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, AF/KL Gold, 1865 Voyager, Le Club Platinum, HHonors Gold
Received a reply overnight...

BRG claim success!

Here's the claim:

=============================================
Customer's reserved location with Langham
Confirmation Number:
Arrival Date: 2013-11-06
Hotel: The Langham, Hong Kong
Name on Reservation: Grant Smith
Reserved Rate:$HKD2530
Lower rate that customer found
Reserved Rate: $HKD1873
Found on (Web Address): Wotif.com
Date(s) that the lower rate applies to: 2013-11-06
Currency: HKD
Date Found: 2013-06-05
Comment: The rate found on wotif.com is lower than the price advertised on langhomhotels.com

So as I mentioned earlier, with a 25% discount on the matched net rate over 4 nights, I'm quite chuffed!

With the benefits of Voyager things are looking great for November!

Actually, just noticed in the little "box" where it says "Hotel" it says "The Langham, Hong Kong"

I'd have been worried were it not for the LPHK reservations department replying to the BRG claim
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by Gunnar Smithsen
Received a reply overnight...

BRG claim success!

Here's the claim:

Customer's reserved location with Langham
Confirmation Number:
Arrival Date: 2013-11-06
Hotel: The Langham, Hong Kong
Name on Reservation: Grant Smith
Reserved Rate:$HKD2530
Lower rate that customer found
Reserved Rate: $HKD1873
Found on (Web Address): Wotif.com
Date(s) that the lower rate applies to: 2013-11-06
Currency: HKD
Date Found: 2013-06-05
Comment: The rate found on wotif.com is lower than the price advertised on langhomhotels.com

So as I mentioned earlier, with a 25% discount on the matched net rate over 4 nights, I'm quite chuffed!

With the benefits of Voyager things are looking great for November!

Actually, just noticed in the little "box" where it says "Hotel" it says "The Langham, Hong Kong"

I'd have been worried were it not for the LPHK reservations department replying to the BRG claim
Interesting, the hotel it's referring to is The Langham, but Langham Place accepted? heh.

Anyways, will try out wotif.com in the future as well, thanks.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: FSPP, Virtuoso, Belmond Bellini Club, STARS, Hyatt Privé, Peninsula PenClub, etc.
Originally Posted by BFrankley
Looks like more Langham options coming in 2013 - Langham Chicago, and Langham Place NYC.

From their website:
http://chicago.langhamhotels.com/

http://newyork.langhamplacehotels.com/

They're taking over the Setai in NYC in January and the "IBM" building in Chicago late 2013.

This makes the 1865 program a little more interesting.
Interested to hear the experience of anyone who has stayed at the Langham Place Fifth Avenue since it reflagged from The Setai Fifth Avenue. Stayed at The Setai Fifth Avenue in January, before the transition, and it was superb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.