Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Program is calendar year based, so the nights/stays earned in this year determines your status next year.
Consecutive nights are always counted as one stay, regardless of guest checks in and out.

Tiers
Gateway
Upgrade: 3 stays or 9 nights
Renewal: 1 stay or 3 nights (unclear how to achieve 3 nights without fulfilling the 1 stay criteria, but this is how the rules are communicated)
Notable perk: Fruit and bottled water upon arrival

Voyager
Upgrade: 5 stays or 15 nights
Renewal: 2 stays or 6 nights
Notable perk: Upgrade at check-in (subject to availability, Club access never included even if upgraded to "club room"), 1 personalised welcome gift

Destiny
Invite only, probably revenue based, targeted to top 1% of customers
Notable perk: Limousine transfer (one way), 2 personalised welcome gifts

For members of Voyager and Destiny tier, one complimentary suite upgrade is earned after 5 stays or 15 nights. The actual voucher is difficult to obtain and to use, see post 173.

Status-matches
Unknown if 1865 does matches, but off and on they offer complimentary tiers to different card holders.
A few FF program (eg BAEC) offers comped 1865 status

In december 2016 new rules were introduced. Newspaper perk was removed Tier qualification was changed so that it can be earned by nights aswell as by stays.
1865 PRIVILEGE ENHANCEMENTS

Best Rate Guarantee
1) Respective hotel will verify and approve/deny the BRG claim.
2) Must match room type and rate type.

Langham Place Xiamen
1) Seems to provide Club L access to Voyager and above members. Need verification.
Print Wikipost

Langham 1865 Program

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2015, 12:10 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by emofeng
Hi all,

I'm looking to book 2 nights stay at Langham Auckland. The hotel doesn't seem to be in a "prime" location vs. the sofitel. I can get a room rate of $60 USD/night at Langham vs $120 USD/night at Sofitel. Also looking into Hilton($200+ a night) or Crown Plaza($130 a night)

First time in Auckland and want to do touristy stuff. What would you guys do?
Its a no brainer the Langham is nicer then the Hilton or was when it was a Westin.Fantastic rate ^and the location is still very good
I walked everywhere from it.0 issue
I find the location for the Hilton worse as its all the way down on the other end of a dock albeit a nice one but you will also be
looking at cruise ships likely and they can be noisy as well as block some of the views on occasion
If you don't feel like walking from the money you save you can still taxi or unber around if they have uber and still come out way ahead staying at the Langham
The Hilton is a rip off typically though still to be fair a highly adequate choice but they always seem to overcharge no matter if its busy or slow and the breakfast and its service slipping
Old Feb 9, 2016, 2:06 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Are there any active offers for fast track to status in 1865 program?

By searching I have so far found out that BAEC Gold card holder gets Voyager level comped if the show the card at check-in.

Are there any other similar deals out there?
Old Mar 13, 2016, 9:32 am

Tried to file a BRG but not successful.

Case details:

- Total room rates for 3 days say $3000 bucks on official website. Daily rate on their website is $1000 per day.
- competing website's total room rate say $2700 (average daily rate of $900), with day 1 costs $1100, day 2 and 3 at $800 respectively.

Reason of denying : Day 1 rate is higher than their official rate, and rendered the BRG claim invalid.

Can't quite accept the logic. They don't accept average daily rate. Sigh. Any advice if / how I shqll pursue further?
Old Mar 13, 2016, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Are there any active offers for fast track to status in 1865 program?

By searching I have so far found out that BAEC Gold card holder gets Voyager level comped if the show the card at check-in.

Are there any other similar deals out there?
Yes. There is one I know of , it's a premier card.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 10:00 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by appledabble
Yes. There is one I know of , it's a premier card.
Would you mind sharing some details on that?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Would you mind sharing some details on that?
Sure, happy to help. Here it is.

Open using desktop browser. I realized that opening through mobile will not display properly.

http://www.langhamhospitalitygroup.com/crm/hsbc.htm
Old Jul 11, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Cordis and The Langham in Hong Kong

Hi

We have visited the Langham Place Hotel in Mongkok twice earlier. The latest visit was in november 2013. We really enjoyed the hotel in general and in particular the Club Lounge.
Can anyone who has visited both before and after the rebranding to Cordis and the remake of the Club Lounge comment on the changes in the hotel? From what we can read and see from pictures we don't really like what has happened to the Club Lounge. It doesn't seem as inviting as earlier with regards to furniture etc and has the beverage and food offerings also gotten weaker?

We are planning another trip to HK this november/december and we are now torn between Cordis and The Langham. We haven't visited The Langham in HK earlier (but we have eg. visited The Langham in Auckland) so we cannot really compare it to Cordis based on our own experiences. Anyone who would like to share their views on this comparison? I know about the lack of a decent view at The Langham but on the other hand it is closer to the harbour etc.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 8:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat
Langham 1865 suite-upgrade voucher

So,

I finally received my Langham suite upgrade voucher. It took absolutely forever to get it (several email inquiries with many follow ups, etc.). It definitely seems as though there is maybe one or two people that work in the 1865 home office that administrate the program.

It is very annoying that the details of how qualify for this voucher, and how to use it, are at best vague on the website. With that in mind, I am posting a pic of the letter and the voucher I received to help others with questions they might have regarding it and it's use.

For background, Everyone I've communicated with at 1865 and the Langham Chicago have been stellar in their politeness and professionalism, it's just not a well-oiled machine.

Initially, back in early '15, upon request I was matched to Voyager status from HGP Diamond with proof thereof. Also, with a dinner reservation ahead of time at Langham Chicago's Travelle restaurant via the hotel's concierge, I was comped with a Supper Club membership status.

Absolutely love the hotel, it is my go-to in Chicago.

After my summer '15 Chicago stay, I re-qualified for Voyager status and the upgrade voucher with a few stays at the Chelsea in Toronto (the two hotels bear zero resemblance, I assure you) in very early '16. I received the voucher yesterday, July 30th. You get the picture on the lack of speed here. Incidentally, it also took forever and many, many follow-ups for my AA mileage credit to post for my Chicago stay.

*It is valid thru 15 December, 2017, so in my case, about 18 months from receipt.

*Advance reservation directly with the property, mentioning the voucher

*Not valid with any other room-rate offer or promotion.

*Valid for 3 nights max

*Must be presented at check-in

I have an upcoming stay in London late September, and Chicago again in October. Will decide which property to use at and report back then.

Cheers.
Attached Images   
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Post 1865 Privilege

Looks like they are enhancing the program. It's now called 1865 Privilege.

1865 PRIVILEGE ENHANCEMENTS

Wiki updated.

Program is still pretty lacking....
Old Apr 22, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Exclamation Room upgrade disappointment

Just thought I'd report here on my experience today at the Langham Hotel in Auckland.

I joined the 1865 programme last week as a Voyager member (top tier without getting some kind of special invite), by virtue of being a BAEC Gold member.

The Langham Auckland has three very similar room categories:

Superior (floors 1-4)
Deluxe (floors 5-8)
Executive (floors 9-10 and club lounge access)

All the rooms seem to be the same, aside from the floor level and club lounge access which comes with the executive room.

I stayed in a deluxe room last week and made a new booking for today in a deluxe room. I was hoping that I may receive an upgrade and receive an executive room with club lounge access.

The first stay I didn't get lucky (no executive room availabilty at checkin). It was a busy weekend, fine.

The next stay for one night on a Sunday did have availability. At checkin I asked for the upgrade. I was told this benefit didn't exist. After the checkin person got the brochure out to show me the benefit didn't exist and I pointed out the line which specifically shows it - then after speaking to the duty manager I was eventually given the executive room. But, I was told that I wouldn't have club lounge access - seemingly the only benefit of the executive room.

Rather disappointing. There's no mention anywhere on the website or in 1865 Ts and Cs that you'll be stripped of the benefits of any room you may get ugpraded to. And there doesn't seem to be any way to book an 'executive' room without club lounge access. So, they have a special room type with no benefits that they only offer to their most valued loyal customers.

I suspect people may book the deluxe room in the hope of receiving an upgrade to executive room. So - don't! It's a waste of money and my experience suggests you probably won't even get the slightly higher floor room without a fight.

After complaining, they have said they will ask 1865 to include in their programme details that the room benefits will be taken away if you receive an upgrade because they understand it's confusing at the moment! I also have club lounge access for today, after later complaining and requesting it to come with my room - it certainly wasn't proactively offered.

In conclusion, I'm not exactly enamoured with this programme in my brief experience this week. I struggle to see what benefits are really earned from staying here regularly.

Otherwise - the hotel is a perfectly pleasant place to stay!
Old Apr 23, 2017, 2:51 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Not much of a loyalty program, but yeah the hotels are fine.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:35 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by richonlybyname
Just thought I'd report here on my experience today at the Langham Hotel in Auckland....
I can attest to the rooms being identical. Last week I stayed 2 nights in executive room and 3 nights in different deluxe rooms. The hotel (built as a Sheraton) is very modularised, and all rooms are made up of one or more identical 28 sqm module.

Two stays were bought as superior room (lowest class) and on each check-in, without asking for it, I got "upgraded" to Deluxe. The check-in desk was careful to point out that they had upgraded me to "next room category".

One stay was bought as Executive room, and no upgrade was offered. Technically, "next room category" would have been a junior-suite, which consists of 2 "modules".

To me it seems very premeditated that the superior and the deluxe are essential the same room type. This way they can offer a room upgrade without any specific cost on their behalf. Offering an upgrade to executive without the club lounge is just one more step of the same madness.

And since they are not upgrading to suites from executive, there really is no "next category upgrade" at all.

In my case staff were clearly aware of the room upgrade perk as they offered it without me asking.

As a comparison I can tell you that the Langham Melbourne did not offer any room upgrade (and the quality of the hotel was sub par). The Langham Sydney is a much nicer property, but they didn't offer an upgrade either.

Last edited by intuition; Apr 23, 2017 at 3:50 am
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:54 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by richonlybyname
In conclusion, I'm not exactly enamoured with this programme in my brief experience this week. I struggle to see what benefits are really earned from staying here regularly.
The early check-in and late check-out perk might be the better benefit. It is not guaranteed either, but in my case it has worked out very well in the few cases I needed it.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: HH S*G SPG FPC
Anyone experienced upgrade to exec room with club access in London?

Hi all,
Noticed comments that properties were not offering upgrades or upgrades to exec rooms but stripping the club access in Auckland and Sydney and Melbourne.

Anyone have experience with getting upgraded to Exec rooms with club access as Voyager member at the London property?

Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
Originally Posted by redkitty
Anyone have experience with getting upgraded to Exec rooms with club access as Voyager member at the London property?
In London, I was recently upgraded to a "One Bedroom Suite" from a "Delux Room" I am a Voyager member, but I was only staying one night. I have had really good upgrade experiences staying at the Langham Chicago, Xiamen and Guangzhou. I haven't been upgraded in multiple stays in Hong Kong and Sydney.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.