Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Program is calendar year based, so the nights/stays earned in this year determines your status next year.
Consecutive nights are always counted as one stay, regardless of guest checks in and out.

Tiers
Gateway
Upgrade: 3 stays or 9 nights
Renewal: 1 stay or 3 nights (unclear how to achieve 3 nights without fulfilling the 1 stay criteria, but this is how the rules are communicated)
Notable perk: Fruit and bottled water upon arrival

Voyager
Upgrade: 5 stays or 15 nights
Renewal: 2 stays or 6 nights
Notable perk: Upgrade at check-in (subject to availability, Club access never included even if upgraded to "club room"), 1 personalised welcome gift

Destiny
Invite only, probably revenue based, targeted to top 1% of customers
Notable perk: Limousine transfer (one way), 2 personalised welcome gifts

For members of Voyager and Destiny tier, one complimentary suite upgrade is earned after 5 stays or 15 nights. The actual voucher is difficult to obtain and to use, see post 173.

Status-matches
Unknown if 1865 does matches, but off and on they offer complimentary tiers to different card holders.
A few FF program (eg BAEC) offers comped 1865 status

In december 2016 new rules were introduced. Newspaper perk was removed Tier qualification was changed so that it can be earned by nights aswell as by stays.
1865 PRIVILEGE ENHANCEMENTS

Best Rate Guarantee
1) Respective hotel will verify and approve/deny the BRG claim.
2) Must match room type and rate type.

Langham Place Xiamen
1) Seems to provide Club L access to Voyager and above members. Need verification.
Print Wikipost

Langham 1865 Program

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Shanye2233
I Have a question i joined up with my visa card and got the instant voyager level membership . I have a stay coming up and i was wondering how to use the suite upgrade for this booking. I cant find in anywhere in my profile so your help is greatly appreciated.
You only get the suite upgrade certificate after meeting the requirements.

Suite Upgrade Voucher

As a token of our appreciation for your loyal patronage, you will receive a suite upgrade certificate yearly, upon your membership renewal, should you accumulate 5 stays at any of our hotels within your Voyager membership year.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 9:37 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
ah thats a shame , thanks icpteck
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:55 am
REP

1865 Website

What am I doing wrong? I signed up for the program and received my membership number along with a very "strange" password.
I have tried getting in to their site with no luck - Internet is blocking it "big time". Even when I put my membership number in to request new password - nothing.
Sent an email to them - no reply!?
I am in Canada if that makes a difference.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by REP
What am I doing wrong? I signed up for the program and received my membership number along with a very "strange" password.
I have tried getting in to their site with no luck - Internet is blocking it "big time". Even when I put my membership number in to request new password - nothing.
Sent an email to them - no reply!?
I am in Canada if that makes a difference.
The 1865 membership Team is based in their HQ in Hong Kong so I suggest wait a while for their reply.
Old May 7, 2015, 12:31 pm

I've booked a Club room at the Langham Auckland for a stay in August. I'm an airport and hotel lounge virgin so should be an interesting experience.

What I want to know is, what's the deal with the "evening drinks".. what are we talking about here? Simple spirits, beers, some wine? Any cocktails? And is there a limit? Could you theoretically have plenty of primers before going to town? I'm 25 so not exactly a "couple of G&Ts before retiring to bed" type haha.

Thanks in advance..
Old May 14, 2015, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by b1m9t0
I've booked a Club room at the Langham Auckland for a stay in August. I'm an airport and hotel lounge virgin so should be an interesting experience.

What I want to know is, what's the deal with the "evening drinks".. what are we talking about here? Simple spirits, beers, some wine? Any cocktails? And is there a limit? Could you theoretically have plenty of primers before going to town? I'm 25 so not exactly a "couple of G&Ts before retiring to bed" type haha.

Thanks in advance..
Langham Club at Auckland has a drink menu for the evening cocktail service, where a range of sparkling, white, red and spirits are available to choice from. (from memory simple cocktails can be done).

The drinks and (buffet/self service) canapés are unlimited, and the evening service ends either 8 or 8.30pm. hope this help otherwise feel free to PM me.
Old May 25, 2015, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by ellie_nz
lcpteck - Also had difficulty getting a BRG approved for the Langham Chicago. Got turned down because the competing rate was a 'special offer' despite the same terms and conditions. I think I spent about 5 hours discussing. I'm assuming every rate below their website rate would be a 'special offer' using that theory!
Din mean to revive this thread but I have this same situation & find it kinda hilarious in a mildly annoying way. Not sure of the outcome yet (this is with Eaton Hong Kong) but their initial response was the rate I booked on Eaton was advance purchase while the rate I found on AsiaTravel was last minute deal, even though both are prepaid non-refundable.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 3:08 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by b1m9t0

Thanks in advance..
I stayed in one of the club rooms at the Langham Auckland over Christmas. The lounge is really good - great breakfast, decent afternoon tea, ice-cream throughout the day, and a really good food spread in the evening.

Unlike some hotel lounges, drinks are strictly waiter-served. However, they have a much better drinks menu than most hotel lounges. I was very impressed with the NZ sparkling wine in particular. The staff are also very friendly. You should be fine for a few primers!
Old Jun 24, 2015, 8:22 pm

I just booked with Langham Shenzhen and filed for BRG. Found a booking with booking.com that is 500rmb cheaper.

I booked both since its free cancellation. Got a call stating i have duplicate booking and they wanna confirm if I wanna keep both. I told them I filed for BRG and they told me if they honour the BRG, they still have to charge me for the exact full rate (the higher rate) that I booked via the official website then they refund the 25% difference later into my credit card and she told me that it will take months for the refund. Anyone experienced the same thing? I find it ridiculous since they need to match the price of the lower rate plus a 25% discount right?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
Langham Place Miora Resort cancelled?

There was supposed to open a Langham Place Miora Resort on Kalim Bay in Phuket, Thailand in 2013 but this obviously did not happen. Does anyone know if the plans have been cancelled indefinitely or...?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Stayed at The Langham Auckland as an 1865 Voyager member and wasn't offered a room upgrade or late checkout proactively. I asked for a late checkout at check in and was offered any time until 6pm. I didn't specifically ask for an upgrade but I asked the receptionist what room I had got and was told I had been given a "better" corner room on a high floor, but still the same category as I paid. I had a peek in other rooms and they were the same size as a "corner" room. Maybe I should have pushed for a room category upgrade. Amenities were delivered as expected though.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:05 pm

Loyalty program not enticing enough

I've gotten upgrade to a higher room category once (standard room to corner room) but had to push for it during check-in.

I find the loyalty program very lacking across the board hence stopped fulfilling the 2 stays per membership year requirement for Voyager.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: KF,JMB, OZ, SPG,AA,UA,AS
I'm not sure if it's due of my frequent stays at the hotel or my status (Voyager) but I have consistently been getting suite upgrades while staying at the Langham Chicago. I'm also always staying on my corporate rate which is significantly below best available rates that I can find online. So i'm a fan of the program thus far....
Old Nov 20, 2015, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by gpeso8
I'm not sure if it's due of my frequent stays at the hotel or my status (Voyager) but I have consistently been getting suite upgrades while staying at the Langham Chicago. I'm also always staying on my corporate rate which is significantly below best available rates that I can find online. So i'm a fan of the program thus far....
Glad it's working well for you. ^
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:26 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking to book 2 nights stay at Langham Auckland. The hotel doesn't seem to be in a "prime" location vs. the sofitel. I can get a room rate of $60 USD/night at Langham vs $120 USD/night at Sofitel. Also looking into Hilton($200+ a night) or Crown Plaza($130 a night)

First time in Auckland and want to do touristy stuff. What would you guys do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.