Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Program is calendar year based, so the nights/stays earned in this year determines your status next year.
Consecutive nights are always counted as one stay, regardless of guest checks in and out.

Tiers
Gateway
Upgrade: 3 stays or 9 nights
Renewal: 1 stay or 3 nights (unclear how to achieve 3 nights without fulfilling the 1 stay criteria, but this is how the rules are communicated)
Notable perk: Fruit and bottled water upon arrival

Voyager
Upgrade: 5 stays or 15 nights
Renewal: 2 stays or 6 nights
Notable perk: Upgrade at check-in (subject to availability, Club access never included even if upgraded to "club room"), 1 personalised welcome gift

Destiny
Invite only, probably revenue based, targeted to top 1% of customers
Notable perk: Limousine transfer (one way), 2 personalised welcome gifts

For members of Voyager and Destiny tier, one complimentary suite upgrade is earned after 5 stays or 15 nights. The actual voucher is difficult to obtain and to use, see post 173.

Status-matches
Unknown if 1865 does matches, but off and on they offer complimentary tiers to different card holders.
A few FF program (eg BAEC) offers comped 1865 status

In december 2016 new rules were introduced. Newspaper perk was removed Tier qualification was changed so that it can be earned by nights aswell as by stays.
1865 PRIVILEGE ENHANCEMENTS

Best Rate Guarantee
1) Respective hotel will verify and approve/deny the BRG claim.
2) Must match room type and rate type.

Langham Place Xiamen
1) Seems to provide Club L access to Voyager and above members. Need verification.
Print Wikipost

Langham 1865 Program

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2014, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Appreciate the input
I think many of us would like to know the percentage generally of upgrades you receive and what you receive in the way of upgrades to suites or best rooms
that make this a valuable or a must have program to earn compared to the majors.
For some of us the benefits nor the communication and execution of the Langham program is not working consistently

I was so frustrated and challenged by my experience I am now Gold with Marriott Rewards through the Ritz Carlton Visa and staying in Ritz Carlton
as well as staying in the better Marriott and Autograph properties
The ability to have such an extensive reach of properties and the ability to earn and redeem with reasonable trust and delivery has me not certain I ever wish to deal with Langham

In my own situation I am thankful that I am now lifetime SPG Platinum and Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond and feel I have most of what I need anywhere in the world
without having to beg anyone for my benefits even if its at select isolated properties. Most of the properties I do stay in are seasoned
and know the drill to keep their elites/frequent travelers happy
My upgrade experience I would say a good 80% of the time, usually one category upgrade and rarely suites (from memory only Eaton and Langham Place HK). Langham’s upgrade policy is if you do not booked in a club room or higher, they may upgrade you to a club room or suite but there’s no club lounge access. I do feel HK properties are better at looking after 1865 voyager members. Eaton tend to provide club room upgrade (without lounge access), Langham Places will email prior to the check-in date and asking my arrival flights etc.

The loyalty programs you listed (Marriott, SPG and Hyatt) all have much higher requirements to meet and therefor better benefits provided. Langham’s 1865 requirements are extremely easy and I would say the listed benefits are pretty decent. The lack of earn and burn can be a headache for people who usual stay longer but I often do 1 or 2 night stays which works out okay for me (I usually credit to CX’s Asia Miles).

Just keep in mind, everything is subject to availability then you should be okay.

Ps I do apologise for the late reply as I do not come to this section of the forum often.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:25 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
One thing lacking is no breakfast benefit at all.

My experiences thus far:

Langham Xintiandi, Shanghai: Upgraded to next level Corner room after asking.
Langham Place Xiamen: Complimentary Club lounge access.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:56 pm

Post Twelve & K Hotel

New brand called Twelve & K Hotel.

First property is Twelve & K Hotel Washington D.C. I believe this is a one off similar to the Xintiandi 88. The hotel was previously managed by Starwood under the Four Points branding. Based on TA reviews, they definitely need do some renovations.

Last edited by lcpteck; Aug 7, 2014 at 1:04 am
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I got my Voyager membership from Visa Infinite which will end this December. I don't think I will have any chance to make 2 stays this year. Can I reapply using VI again if I will stay there? Any knew has tried it before?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:57 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Believe Xintiandi 88 is no longer associated with Langham after contract expired end of July.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Believe Xintiandi 88 is no longer associated with Langham after contract expired end of July.
You're right, it's no longer listed on their website.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:35 am

Just submitted a BRG claim. Will report back on the outcome.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:40 am

Claim denied due to some discrepancy on the hotel name (misspelled) and OTA not an affiliate of the hotel (How the heck would I know??). They offered me the price of the advanced rate for a flexible one. I've replied again using 2 other OTAs which offered lower rate. Let's see what their response is.

Last edited by lcpteck; Sep 6, 2014 at 7:34 am
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:40 am

Claim denied reason being the rate I'm comparing with is a pre-paid rate while my reservation is a flexible one.

I checked the pre-paid rate for the hotel and it's still higher than the competing website. Now waiting for confirmation from them if I book a pre-paid rate now, would they approve my claim.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:48 am

Now the pricing of the 2 OTA sites have changed to the same as Langham website, it's a no go. Found ctrip.com offering lower rate with free cancellation. Have feedback to them, waiting for their reply.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 3:42 am

Sorry for the late report.

I did eventually got a BRG approved via ctrip.com. The BRG T&Cs did not state clearly. You will need to match room type and rate type.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
Langham Chicago

I included the Langham Chicago as part of a Chicago report in the Trip Report forum if anyone wants to see some pics! Langham is after the BA flights. If you'd like the short version, I want to move in!!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...gham-time.html
Old Sep 1, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Sorry for the late report.

I did eventually got a BRG approved via ctrip.com. The BRG T&Cs did not state clearly. You will need to match room type and rate type.
lcpteck - Also had difficulty getting a BRG approved for the Langham Chicago. Got turned down because the competing rate was a 'special offer' despite the same terms and conditions. I think I spent about 5 hours discussing. I'm assuming every rate below their website rate would be a 'special offer' using that theory!
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:47 pm

Hey ellie_nz,

Nice trip report!

I've decided to stop staying at Langham properties as I don't see any long term benefits or returns as an elite member (I only travel for leisure). At least by staying in Starwood, I can still get points and benefits from my Platinum status. Langham properties are really upscape, they just need to improve on their 1865 Loyalty program and their Best Rate Guarantee.

I still have that flexible reservation with Langham Xintiandi, Shanghai for New Year's eve. Will probably cancel and stay at Starwood instead. Or maybe just one last time...

Last edited by lcpteck; Sep 6, 2014 at 7:36 am
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:08 am

Programs: *A Gold, HH dia,Hyatt plat,Sixt PLAT,QF , EY Gold
I Have a question i joined up with my visa card and got the instant voyager level membership . I have a stay coming up and i was wondering how to use the suite upgrade for this booking. I cant find in anywhere in my profile so your help is greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.