View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 16, 8:44 pm
yoganeck

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat
Langham 1865 suite-upgrade voucher

So,

I finally received my Langham suite upgrade voucher. It took absolutely forever to get it (several email inquiries with many follow ups, etc.). It definitely seems as though there is maybe one or two people that work in the 1865 home office that administrate the program.

It is very annoying that the details of how qualify for this voucher, and how to use it, are at best vague on the website. With that in mind, I am posting a pic of the letter and the voucher I received to help others with questions they might have regarding it and it's use.

For background, Everyone I've communicated with at 1865 and the Langham Chicago have been stellar in their politeness and professionalism, it's just not a well-oiled machine.

Initially, back in early '15, upon request I was matched to Voyager status from HGP Diamond with proof thereof. Also, with a dinner reservation ahead of time at Langham Chicago's Travelle restaurant via the hotel's concierge, I was comped with a Supper Club membership status.

Absolutely love the hotel, it is my go-to in Chicago.

After my summer '15 Chicago stay, I re-qualified for Voyager status and the upgrade voucher with a few stays at the Chelsea in Toronto (the two hotels bear zero resemblance, I assure you) in very early '16. I received the voucher yesterday, July 30th. You get the picture on the lack of speed here. Incidentally, it also took forever and many, many follow-ups for my AA mileage credit to post for my Chicago stay.

*It is valid thru 15 December, 2017, so in my case, about 18 months from receipt.

*Advance reservation directly with the property, mentioning the voucher

*Not valid with any other room-rate offer or promotion.

*Valid for 3 nights max

*Must be presented at check-in

I have an upcoming stay in London late September, and Chicago again in October. Will decide which property to use at and report back then.

Cheers.
Attached Images