Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Norwegian using A330-300 aircraft from Evelop Airlines (DUB-SWF)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Norwegian using A330-300 aircraft from Evelop Airlines (DUB-SWF)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
No Premium on the 737 MAXs either, mind.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:11 pm

NO screens or power on the max, this is definitely an upgrade in services.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by Mordac
No Premium on the 737 MAXs either, mind.
There were some better-than-average seats available on the MAX. Rows 1, 2, and the over-wing exits sold for a premium.

Related to this, I know the Low Fare means only a 10kg carry on baggage allowance on a standard 22 x 14 x 9 bag, but does anybody know what size personal items are allowed? And if so, what dimensions/weight is allowed--and enforced? I didn't see it in my confirmation or online.

Last edited by NJRadioGuy; Apr 10, 2019 at 7:39 pm
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by NJRadioGuy
There were some better-than-average seats available on the MAX. Rows 1, 2, and the over-wing exits sold for a premium.

Related to this, I know the Low Fare means only a 10kg carry on baggage allowance on a standard 22 x 14 x 9 bag, but does anybody know what size personal items are allowed? And if so, what dimensions/weight is allowed--and enforced? I didn't see it in my confirmation or online.

The "better" seats did not sell for a premium, they were available to anyone with a low cost + fare for free or a low cost fare for a seat reservation fee. The key is you have to be booking early, as they go fast. I always booked hte exit row seats, they are great leg room wise.

As to baggage, both items must weigh less than 10kg's combined and they often weigh and measure. Going over this incurs ridiculously huge fees. Baggage size is also smaller than 22in, it is 55cm which is slight smaller. Personal item is pretty small.

"Norwegian Air Hand Luggage Allowance: One piece of cabin baggage measuring no more than 55 x 40 x 23 cm and weighing a maximum of 10 kg, or 15 kg on Flex fares. Passengers may also bring on board a small personal item measuring 25 x 33 x 20 cm"
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:18 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
The "better" seats did not sell for a premium, they were available to anyone with a low cost + fare for free or a low cost fare for a seat reservation fee. The key is you have to be booking early, as they go fast. I always booked hte exit row seats, they are great leg room wise.
I think that has changed. Previously I booked row 1 for free, but on my last trip they wanted extra for row 1 on a low cost + fare
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by soy
I think that has changed. Previously I booked row 1 for free, but on my last trip they wanted extra for row 1 on a low cost + fare

Interesting, I have not booked any flights with them this year.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:25 am

Yikes, that's a pretty tight restriction (10kg combined). I never check baggage and I usually travel pretty light, but an under-seat briefcase with my laptop, meds, and TSA Toiletries kit would have helped. Oh well. Thanks for the info.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:09 am

Yikes, that's a pretty tight restriction (10kg combined). I never check baggage and I usually travel pretty light, but an under-seat briefcase with my laptop, meds, and TSA Toiletries kit would have helped. Oh well. Thanks for the info.
I use a frameless backpack as my carry on and a small tote for my personal item. I can get laptop, toiletries, running gear etc in.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:15 pm

I am traveling on Apr 30. Just a question for Shinny...do you recall if there were tv's for people in the very first row? I have booked Seat 1L which is the window seat on the far right. I was not expecting any in flight entertainment. So, wondering if I should move my seat.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Gold Circle, KrisFlyer, SkyMiles, Tesco Clubcard
Originally Posted by Jim Booth
I am traveling on Apr 30. Just a question for Shinny...do you recall if there were tv's for people in the very first row? I have booked Seat 1L which is the window seat on the far right. I was not expecting any in flight entertainment. So, wondering if I should move my seat.
Yes, they had units in front of them.

Edit: I took this still from a video I had taken. You can actually see the unit here:

Last edited by shinny; Apr 13, 2019 at 3:19 am
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:40 am

Great, thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:45 pm

Just got a text message this morning from D8 confirming the A330 change and offering a full refund if I wish. Obviously not going to take it but there it is.

Hate to belabor the luggage situation, but I'm wondering whether a soft-sided duffel will pass muster with them if it's 2 centimeters bigger (when set down flat) in one dimension. I bought what was advertised as a 55cm bag but it's 57cm. Since it won't be fully stuffed I can scrunch it down a bit, but I'm wondering how closely they'll check this? It'll be well under 10kg. I like the bag and don't want to buy another one if I can avoid it, but if they're crazy-strict it might be money well spent.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Gold Circle, KrisFlyer, SkyMiles, Tesco Clubcard
Just got a text message this morning from D8 confirming the A330 change and offering a full refund if I wish. Obviously not going to take it but there it is.

Hate to belabor the luggage situation, but I'm wondering whether a soft-sided duffel will pass muster with them if it's 2 centimeters bigger (when set down flat) in one dimension. I bought what was advertised as a 55cm bag but it's 57cm. Since it won't be fully stuffed I can scrunch it down a bit, but I'm wondering how closely they'll check this? It'll be well under 10kg. I like the bag and don't want to buy another one if I can avoid it, but if they're crazy-strict it might be money well spent.
I think you'll be fine. They barely looked at mine on the way back. They weighed it, but that was about it. I didn't have one on the way out but I didn't notice anyone have any issues when I was in the check-in line.

In fact, on the way home I saw a guy take a case down out of the bin that was way bigger than mine which was a 55 cm so....I'd say they're being a little less strict with them using the A333.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:21 am

Hi Guys,

I am due to fly with Norwegian on May 9th Dub - Swf. I received a text yesterday saying the flight will be operated by Evelop. I checked out the plane EC-Mii which is an A330 with individual screens on seat backs. My query is this... the text stated there would be limited inflight entertainment. Does this mean it will be disabled. I know Shinny flew a couple of weeks ago and it was all working fine but has anyone flown in the last few day or so and if so what is the story with the IFE??

Thanks in advance. Anyone who is due to fly on this Route please post your experiences here please.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 11:47 am

I'm outbound from SWF on the 7th and will post mid-flight if their WiFi works, or when I get to my B&B after I arrive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.