Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Norwegian using A330-300 aircraft from Evelop Airlines (DUB-SWF)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Gold Circle, KrisFlyer, SkyMiles, Tesco Clubcard

They have leased A330-300 to manage the DUB to SWF route. They confirmed it to me via Twitter this morning as I fly with them on Wednesday.

Norwegian Air International in last week’s schedule update adjusted operational aircraft for Dublin – Newburgh/Stewart route, from 01APR19 to 30JUN19. During this period, leased Airbus A330-300 aircraft from Evelop Airlines will operate this route on daily basis.

D81763 DUB1430 – 1650SWF 333 D
D81762 SWF2055 – 0815+1DUB 333 7
D81762 SWF2100 – 0820+1DUB 333 x7

*above info from routesonline (can't post the url)
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:07 am
Suspended

Routesonline link: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...craft-changes/

Some photos of an Evelop A330 cabin: AV operated by Evelop/Wamos
(although I'm not sure if that is the exact aircraft that will be used by Norwegian.)

The two Evelop A330-300 aircraft don't have any business class or premium economy type seating, and they squeeze in 388 economy class seats.
Not sure if the seats have individual screens or if there are TVs above the aisles.

Sounds like a sub-par experience, just like the other wet leases that Norwegian has chosen in the past.

Last edited by GFrye; Apr 1, 2019 at 8:17 am
Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Shannon route has been removed until June 30th, 2019.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:29 am

How did it go?

How did the flight go? Was it all economy seats? Were there any economy plus seats?
Hope it went well.

Originally Posted by shinny
They have leased A330-300 to manage the DUB to SWF route. They confirmed it to me via Twitter this morning as I fly with them on Wednesday.

Norwegian Air International in last week’s schedule update adjusted operational aircraft for Dublin – Newburgh/Stewart route, from 01APR19 to 30JUN19. During this period, leased Airbus A330-300 aircraft from Evelop Airlines will operate this route on daily basis.

D81763 DUB1430 – 1650SWF 333 D
D81762 SWF2055 – 0815+1DUB 333 7
D81762 SWF2100 – 0820+1DUB 333 x7

*above info from routesonline (can't post the url)
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by GFrye
Routesonline link: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...craft-changes/

Some photos of an Evelop A330 cabin: AV operated by Evelop/Wamos
(although I'm not sure if that is the exact aircraft that will be used by Norwegian.)

The two Evelop A330-300 aircraft don't have any business class or premium economy type seating, and they squeeze in 388 economy class seats.
Not sure if the seats have individual screens or if there are TVs above the aisles.

Sounds like a sub-par experience, just like the other wet leases that Norwegian has chosen in the past.
These aircraft have been scrambled to transport the people who booked B7M8 flights from the NE coast to Ireland, so the bar is not very high... it just has to match B737 seating.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Sounds like an upgrade from the 737 the passengers originally booked
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Sounds like an upgrade from the 737 the passengers originally booked
That says a lot about Norwegian.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by GFrye
That says a lot about Norwegian.
Says a lot about the 737-MAX!
mdlgto likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Says a lot about the 737-MAX!
Norwegian chose the 29-inch seat pitch configuration.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: UA, AA
I was about to post this same info too, and I'm following this thread. If you could post a trip report I'd be very grateful.
I was booked from SWF to SNN in early May and looks like I got Evelop'd as well. They've been using wet leased EC-MII for the last week. Here's the seatmap and blurb for the A330. Seat map and description here.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Thats just 8 across... yawn... some charter operators have 9 across in a A330
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:50 am
soy

Programs: various
They are now rebooking July flights PVD-SNN to SWF-DUB, so it seems they will keep the A330 beyond June. Apparently deploying the software fix is not as simple as they hoped

Possible to change to PVD-DUB instead if you call them and seats are available on your dates
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Hey all, I'm just back so thought I'd post a quick update. So, it's a full economy plane as has already been said. Overall I had a pretty good experience. The configuration is 2 4 2. The queue at Dublin Airport during check-in was quite long. So just bear that in mind. There was no online check-in.

The seats are fine, but then I am only 5ft 4inches, it'll definitely be a challenge for someone taller. I feel like they are definitely a little smaller than I'd be used to. Each seat had its own TV screen with about 20 movies (The Greatest Showman, Wonder, Ladybird, The Shape of Water, to name a few) - They also had a number of classic movies, some TV Shows, game, and music. Each screen had a USB charger and earphones plug.

The flight attendants were all very nice and accommodating. I didn't book a ticket with a meal. I had a look at some of the people around me and what they had to eat, it looked like typical aeroplane food but then I don't normally eat the food on the plane! The plane was pretty full, however, there were some free seats down the back of the plane and people moved later on during the flight. We were a little late taking off (30 mins) due to some people being stopped at Customs and Immigration so their bags had to be moved.

Pretty similar experience on the return flight (SWF to DUB). Couldn't fault them really.

Picture of TV screen and USB port

Originally Posted by pagonapenelope
How did the flight go? Was it all economy seats? Were there any economy plus seats?
Hope it went well.
Hey, no there were no economy plus seats. All economy. I was actually right at the front so we joked it was business economy
SquarePeg, James91 and NMLynch like this.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jun 11, 2019 at 7:32 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by shinny
Hey, no there were no economy plus seats. All economy. I was actually right at the front so we joked it was business economy
I'm booked in 1D (aisle/middle) going over. Just wondering how the legroom is in the first row?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NJRadioGuy
I'm booked in 1D (aisle/middle) going over. Just wondering how the legroom is in the first row?
I was in 6C on the way over. It seemed fine, from memory. They definitely had more leg room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.