FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian using A330-300 aircraft from Evelop Airlines (DUB-SWF)
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:24 am
shinny

Programs: Gold Circle, KrisFlyer, SkyMiles, Tesco Clubcard
Originally Posted by NJRadioGuy
Just got a text message this morning from D8 confirming the A330 change and offering a full refund if I wish. Obviously not going to take it but there it is.

Hate to belabor the luggage situation, but I'm wondering whether a soft-sided duffel will pass muster with them if it's 2 centimeters bigger (when set down flat) in one dimension. I bought what was advertised as a 55cm bag but it's 57cm. Since it won't be fully stuffed I can scrunch it down a bit, but I'm wondering how closely they'll check this? It'll be well under 10kg. I like the bag and don't want to buy another one if I can avoid it, but if they're crazy-strict it might be money well spent.
I think you'll be fine. They barely looked at mine on the way back. They weighed it, but that was about it. I didn't have one on the way out but I didn't notice anyone have any issues when I was in the check-in line.

In fact, on the way home I saw a guy take a case down out of the bin that was way bigger than mine which was a 55 cm so....I'd say they're being a little less strict with them using the A333.