Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

La Compagnie - any recent experience with this airline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Compagnie - any recent experience with this airline?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2021, 9:57 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by sushanna1
With Europe probably reopening for U.S. tourists sometime this summer, is anyone taking a chance on La Compagnie? I am concerned regarding its financial stability.
Well if they've made it this long ...
sushanna1 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
On their website, La Compagnie mentions that they are waiving change and cancellation fees for all bookings made up to 30 June 2021.
Does anyone have an experience on a voluntary cancellation from this airline?
Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
They have a new sale for $1,500 RT NYC-Rome.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: Delta Plat & Million Miler
New Sale $2800 for Two round trip to Paris

New Sale

2 people round trip to Paris for $2800

https://www.lacompagnie.com/en/booking/promoval
Old May 3, 2022, 1:08 pm
Original Member

Just back from two weeks in the Champagne region. Flew La Compagnie to Orly, and then rented a car for a couple weeks. Have to say, the experience was great. I was mainly interested in the flight for the lie-flat to get some sleep. Got to EWR, and had a nice selection of dinner and food in the lounge, so we ate there. That enabled me to go to sleep immediately on the plane, and I got a good 5 hours of sleep on the way over, and was plenty rested to start driving around France right away. Breakfast was ok, not great, but good. Checkin and boarding were quick and efficient. On the way back, I did sample the food - which was pretty good. My roast lamb was a little over-done with a bit too much fat, but my wife's portion was excellent. Again -- I really don't care much about the onboard food, entertainment system, etc. I mainly want a nice lie-flat seat so I can get some sleep on the way over, as cheaply as I can get it from a carrier. La Compagnie delivered that. Probably taking them in the fall to Milan, to spend two weeks in Italy.
TBD and gt5889a like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Djlawman
Just back from two weeks in the Champagne region. Flew La Compagnie to Orly, and then rented a car for a couple weeks. Have to say, the experience was great. I was mainly interested in the flight for the lie-flat to get some sleep. Got to EWR, and had a nice selection of dinner and food in the lounge, so we ate there. That enabled me to go to sleep immediately on the plane, and I got a good 5 hours of sleep on the way over, and was plenty rested to start driving around France right away. Breakfast was ok, not great, but good. Checkin and boarding were quick and efficient. On the way back, I did sample the food - which was pretty good. My roast lamb was a little over-done with a bit too much fat, but my wife's portion was excellent. Again -- I really don't care much about the onboard food, entertainment system, etc. I mainly want a nice lie-flat seat so I can get some sleep on the way over, as cheaply as I can get it from a carrier. La Compagnie delivered that. Probably taking them in the fall to Milan, to spend two weeks in Italy.
We are flying with La Compagnie this Monday from Newark to Milan and then returning with them MXP-EWR in mid June. I'll report back concerning our experience when we get home.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 10:59 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by jlemon
We are flying with La Compagnie this Monday from Newark to Milan and then returning with them MXP-EWR in mid June. I'll report back concerning our experience when we get home.
Great. We are going to book trip in October shortly.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 4:13 am

Programs: executive club,marriot,delta
Any recent experience? Business Class fares are very expensive next August and their fares are still reasonable.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 3:15 pm
Original Member

La Compagnie has a fare sale right now, RT to Orly or Milan for $2000.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Any recent reviews particularly for EWR-MXP flight? (the last few TripAdvisor reviews just trashed the flight--one stars)

I'm not wild about the 2 2 configuration and having to jump over a stranger (or visa versa) but the price is very compelling. Would the bulkhead or any other seats have easier aisle access?

Last edited by fmkgb; Dec 19, 2022 at 4:54 pm
Old Dec 27, 2022, 6:21 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by fmkgb
I'm not wild about the 2 2 configuration and having to jump over a stranger (or visa versa) but the price is very compelling. Would the bulkhead or any other seats have easier aisle access?
The A321 offers a pretty solid experience, one that you probably have experienced already if you were flying transcons in business class on AAs A321T, for example. It's essentially the same configuration. Privacy is actually decent due to the fixed dividers.
The bulkhead row and row 9 (exit row) have more space in front of the seat, yes, so select one of those if concerned about ease of climb over any aisle seatmate.
I`ve traveled them a few times now, and generally select a seat towards the back which so far has resulted in never having a seatmate.

The one-star reviews have much less to do with the product but more with service recovery failures and IRROPS handling resp. lack thereof, both of which clearly are not the strong points of La Compagnie. I would not rely on them for time-critical business trips without a backup plan.
gretchendz likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 6:45 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Has anyone tried the new Easyjet partnership?

Anyone have any experience with connecting to or from Easyjet on a single itinerary?
Does this really work as seamlessly as advertised, and how do rebookings due to late arrivals etc. get handled?

https://simpleflying.com/worldwide-easyjet-paris-orly/
Old Mar 11, 2023, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by bhomburg
The A321 offers a pretty solid experience, one that you probably have experienced already if you were flying transcons in business class on AAs A321T, for example. It's essentially the same configuration. Privacy is actually decent due to the fixed dividers.
The bulkhead row and row 9 (exit row) have more space in front of the seat, yes, so select one of those if concerned about ease of climb over any aisle seatmate.
I`ve traveled them a few times now, and generally select a seat towards the back which so far has resulted in never having a seatmate.

The one-star reviews have much less to do with the product but more with service recovery failures and IRROPS handling resp. lack thereof, both of which clearly are not the strong points of La Compagnie. I would not rely on them for time-critical business trips without a backup plan.
As I have several TATL trips planned this year La Compagnie is a pretty compelling options. Almost half the price of the big boys. For my non business trips I am looking at the EWR-MXP flight but don't see a lot on FT about this product. The 2-2 config isn't an issue for me as I will be traveling with my wife. Looking for any feedback on them, including service, food, lounges, etc... Supposedly there are lounges in both EWR and MXP but from what I saw they seem pretty small. I saw the comment on the IRROPs situation with them and I guess could accept some degree of poor performance but open to further comments on this.

Last edited by nomad420; Mar 11, 2023 at 12:44 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.