FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - La Compagnie - any recent experience with this airline?
Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:33 pm
jlemon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by Djlawman
Just back from two weeks in the Champagne region. Flew La Compagnie to Orly, and then rented a car for a couple weeks. Have to say, the experience was great. I was mainly interested in the flight for the lie-flat to get some sleep. Got to EWR, and had a nice selection of dinner and food in the lounge, so we ate there. That enabled me to go to sleep immediately on the plane, and I got a good 5 hours of sleep on the way over, and was plenty rested to start driving around France right away. Breakfast was ok, not great, but good. Checkin and boarding were quick and efficient. On the way back, I did sample the food - which was pretty good. My roast lamb was a little over-done with a bit too much fat, but my wife's portion was excellent. Again -- I really don't care much about the onboard food, entertainment system, etc. I mainly want a nice lie-flat seat so I can get some sleep on the way over, as cheaply as I can get it from a carrier. La Compagnie delivered that. Probably taking them in the fall to Milan, to spend two weeks in Italy.
We are flying with La Compagnie this Monday from Newark to Milan and then returning with them MXP-EWR in mid June. I'll report back concerning our experience when we get home.