Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

La Compagnie - any recent experience with this airline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

La Compagnie - any recent experience with this airline?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 9:13 am

As this is a boutique airline, I know they operate a little differently than the legacy carriers. Is online check-in sufficient, or is there a reason I need to check in at the counter (we aren't checking bags). I'd rather not leave the secure area at EWR from our connecting flight to check-in if I don't have to, since La Compagnie doesn't participate in pre-check program. I know that we will miss out on the lounge at EWR, but it doesn't have the best reviews anyway.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:27 pm

I am not an EWR expert but the way Terminal B is set up it seems you have to clear security to get to the boarding area, which seems to be shared with only a few airlines (VS, BA, SQ and surprisingly Spirit). There might be a shuttle airside or a corridor I did not see. Indeed the day we flew La Compagnie the lounge was a crazy mess.
if you are checked in snd have a boarding pass though, I don’t see why you would need to go to the check-in desk.

Last edited by af fp; May 28, 2019 at 2:56 am
Old May 28, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: Delta GM +MM; SPG LT Plat; Hyatt Diamond
The return was pretty similar, except part of my leg rest was broken - just the little flap that folds out from the bottom, but given the flat angle of the seat, not having something to prop myself up against on the bottom was not an insignificant bother, and I and my bedding kept sliding down.
Food again was only OK.

However, the direct flight was super nice.

As for check in, I was denied online checkin on both legs, but had relatively easy check ins both in ewr and nce.
I skipped the lounge in ewr and did get some time in the nothing to write home about, but serviceable lounge in NCE
One thing to note is that both of my flights to NCE and EWR were at "unusual" times not typically sold on other days - 9pm out of ewr and 3pm out of nce - so I can't comment on how check in/security/lounges would be at the more typical flight times.
I will also say there was what I consider an insufficient amount of info on the website about my particular flight given the atypical flight times, and I did not get a checkin reminder for my return flight at all. Not the worst thing to ever happen, but anyone googleing info on the flight showed the incorrect time, until you either tried a dummy booking for my flight on the La Comagnie website or looked at an actual FAA website, so I could see that having been a problem either for less experienced travelers or anyone coordinating pickup.

I will keep my assessment - great option for the price, but keep an eye on the price with competitors or it might not be worth it.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 1:00 pm

anyone fly on their new A321neos that launched EWR-ORY-EWR service this week?
Old Jun 19, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by xerenthar
anyone fly on their new A321neos that launched EWR-ORY-EWR service this week?
Will fly this bird on 23 August and will report.

Can any of you with La Compagnie experience tell me how long I should roughly allow between arrival time and actual exit?

I am aware that there is no certainty in this matter, but I have not flown into ORY internationally for AGES so have no idea of the situation there.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 2:23 pm

I flew the 321neo on it's first passenger flight from EWR-ORY. The flight was fantastic, especially considering the price that we paid. The seats are well thought out, the food was great (not so much on our return flight though), and I slept comfortably for most of the way. The in flight entertainment was ok, great interface, but the movie selection was somewhat limited. As this was just the second passenger flight, the wifi wasn't working yet, so I can't comment on it.

I was planning on doing a more thorough trip report on the way back, but our 321neo that had been scheduled was swapped for the 757 at the last minute. The 321neo is ridiculously better and more comfortable than the 757, totally different travel experience.

In regards to ORY, it was a very easy airport to travel out of, much better than CDG in my opinion since there are no crowds. On arrival, we parked at a hard stand, and it was about a five minute bus ride to the terminal. Immigration was quick, about five minutes and then an additional ten minutes for luggage. Flying out of ORY, there were no lines at all for security and immigration.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:27 pm

DO NOT FLY LA COMPAGNIE……they are a Flying Fyre Festival!!

I paid $1515.73 for a one way ticket on La Compagnie flight 0102 from Paris to New York on June 30. They swapped out the plane for a sub-economy charter without saying anything until I was on the plane, despite eight separate opportunities. They would not let me off, and have ignored all phone calls, emails, and direct requests to their gate agents.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:29 pm

More details: La Compagnie does not warn about flight changes

La Compagnie had several opportunities to notify me of the change to my 6/30/19 flight, but did not at ANY of these points:
  • Ticket purchase
  • Online check-in
  • Emailed confirmation of online check-in
  • Emailed boarding pass
  • Check-in at airport
  • Gate signage
  • Gate agent
  • Change of boarding pass at the gate

Last edited by FlyingFyre; Aug 10, 2019 at 1:31 pm Reason: I did wrong cut and paste
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:35 pm

La Compagnie does not respond to their customers

Once I realized they had swapped out the plane and service without telling me, I attempted to contact them multiple ways. Every attempt to contact the company has been ignored:
  • Email sent from plane unanswered
  • Phone calls to La Compagnie posted phone number - got a travel agent who could only book flights, not "address any complaints"
  • Direct request to La Compagnie NY gate agent for resolution. He did take my business card, but......
  • Business card with contact information was supposed to be passed to someone in authority, but again, no one contacted me.
Next step is to file a complaint with the DOT.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:40 pm

Beware the Flying Fyre Festival

Originally Posted by carnarvon
Will fly this bird on 23 August and will report.

Can any of you with La Compagnie experience tell me how long I should roughly allow between arrival time and actual exit?

I am aware that there is no certainty in this matter, but I have not flown into ORY internationally for AGES so have no idea of the situation there.
Carnavon - beware. I flew these guys in June (see other posts). They swapped out the plane without telling anyone, would not let me off when I figured it out, and have ignored all direct communication requests. Since your flight is not for a few weeks, you might seriously consider an alternative. Good luck!
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:44 pm

La Compagnie bait and switch

Originally Posted by mauld
La Compagnie just began their EWR-NCE service this month, does anyone have any comments on this route? I'm booked for early Sept, but would appreciate any information as to comfort and service.
Hi Mauld - beware. I just flew these guys in June. They swapped out the plane without telling anyone, would not let me off once I figured out, and have ignored my calls, emails, and requests to the gate agents. La Compagnie is a "Flying Fyre Festival"! If your flight is in Sept you still have time to explore alternatives. Good luck!
Old Aug 10, 2019, 3:24 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Airlines are not required to inform you of aircraft changes. As long as you flew in the same class of service there is no reason why they should inform or compensate you.

I do understand that its a bad surprise to get another product than expected, but if they brought you in the same class from PAR to NYC then they have fulfilled their side of the contract that you have/had with them.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:18 am

Change of service

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Airlines are not required to inform you of aircraft changes. As long as you flew in the same class of service there is no reason why they should inform or compensate you.

I do understand that its a bad surprise to get another product than expected, but if they brought you in the same class from PAR to NYC then they have fulfilled their side of the contract that you have/had with them.
Hello Xandrios,

Thanks for chiming in here. They definitely changed the class of service. It was supposed to be business, and ended up being basic economy. Have a look at the photos. I filed a formal complaint with the DOT and will see where that goes.

Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:13 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I'm assuming those are not your actual pics? Did you take any as proof?

Technically the airline is free to call whichever cabin 'business' and argue that you received what you paid for, however, if you really just gotten the standard economy seats I would say that compensation is due under EU rules.

But in that case, clearly, LaCompanie would agree on that too and pay downgrade compensations, right?

However, things may not be what they seem. Even something that may look like Economy, may very well be considered business to others. To argue that something like the example below are economy rather than business may be a difficult legal fight.

Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
I'm assuming those are not your actual pics? Did you take any as proof?

Technically the airline is free to call whichever cabin 'business' and argue that you received what you paid for, however, if you really just gotten the standard economy seats I would say that compensation is due under EU rules.

But in that case, clearly, LaCompanie would agree on that too and pay downgrade compensations, right?

However, things may not be what they seem. Even something that may look like Economy, may very well be considered business to others. To argue that something like the example below are economy rather than business may be a difficult legal fight.

Xandrios - Yes, these are actual pictures from the flight. The one on the left came from La Compagnie's website to show what they are selling people, and the ones on the right are from the actual plane. Those are my knees jammed into the seat ahead, and the poor guy in the aisle across from me. I'll post a couple more showing the difference between the cabin they market and the actual plane they put us on. (In these the top photos are from their website and the bottom photos are from my flight.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.