Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other European Airlines
Reload this Page >

Icelandair will fly nonstop between Raleigh-Durham and Reykjavik

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2021, 10:26 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
Programs: AA Platinum

Icelandair will begin flying between Raleigh-Durham and Reykjavik four times a week beginning May 12, 2022. The seasonal service will continue through October. Operated with 737-800 MAX aircraft.

Introductory fares: $449 round trip to Iceland, $499 round trip to other European destinations (economy light fares).
Old Dec 19, 2021, 5:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Elite/Inner Circle, Hilton HHonors Gold, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
I am super psyched and shocked about this anouncement.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 2:28 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Article with details: https://www.businessinsider.com/icel...ushback-2022-1

No mention of RDU. Articles says Icelandair will offer service from MIA, MCO and IAH.
Old Jan 18, 2022, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Article with details: https://www.businessinsider.com/icel...ushback-2022-1

No mention of RDU. Articles says Icelandair will offer service from MIA, MCO and IAH.
I tried a few random dates for June ‘22 on their website and hit on two nonstops. As has probably been noted, there will be only four RDU N/S flights per week, with connections on JetBlue through BOS on the others.

Last edited by SCEflyer; Jan 18, 2022 at 6:05 am Reason: Additional wording
Old Aug 18, 2022, 1:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: The part of NC where we have electricity, paved roads, and high school diplomas.
The RDU route has been extended from October 2022 until January 2023. FI's own website and ExpertFlyer shows the flights running until the first week of January.
There is a news article stating the flights will run until January 23rd, but it's possible that the news site interpreted the "January 23" information in whatever communication FI put out as a date, not January 2023.
The previously communicated plan is to resume the route in May 2023 together with other seasonal routes.
Braniff likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WindowSeatFlyer
The RDU route has been extended from October 2022 until January 2023. FI's own website and ExpertFlyer shows the flights running until the first week of January.
There is a news article stating the flights will run until January 23rd, but it's possible that the news site interpreted the "January 23" information in whatever communication FI put out as a date, not January 2023.
The article has been updated to show January 7th as the end date, which is what FI’s website already showed.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 10:12 am

Has anyone taken this flight yet?
Old Mar 12, 2023, 1:57 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by marlin
Has anyone taken this flight yet?
I haven’t taken this flight yet but I did see RDU on the departure board for tonight. I’ll be taking FI to ORD tonight since RDU was a bit too late to connect to the West coast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.