Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Airlines Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2023 | 8:16 pm
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Programs: Skywards Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Plat
Not sure where to ask this question, but I'm deciding between SQ and CI J from HKG-SYD (not a fan of what CX and QF offer right now). SQ seems to have slightly better catering, but I'm kind of dreading the slanted sleeping position on their business class (all bulkheads seats are gone). CI sleeping position is more natural but they don't provide bedding (I believe?) for flights to AUS/NZ and catering seems not as good as SQ. There's also no amenity kit on SQ, which is kinda weird for medium-long haul J nowadays. Would appreciate any advice or experience on which one is better. Price wise they're about the same and award redemptions are all gone.
Old Aug 7, 2023 | 4:19 am
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited40 Countries Visited

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by boycruz
any updates on lounge at sfo
food and ambiance?
Deleted. Provided incorrect info!

Last edited by nexus7556; Aug 7, 2023 at 6:35 am
Old Aug 7, 2023 | 6:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nexus7556
If you're flying J you will have access to the United Polaris lounge: SFO Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A
If you have *A gold status, he will have access to the United Clubs in SFO: Status of SFO United Clubs along with the new AC Mapleleaf lounge
Absolutely NOT. CI is not a *A partner, its J customers have no access to Polaris Lounge.
Violin1990 and nexus7556 like this.
Old Aug 7, 2023 | 6:34 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mama
Absolutely NOT. CI is not a *A partner, its J customers have no access to Polaris Lounge.
youre right! My mistake. These airlines are not creatively named. Air China vs China Airlines
Old Aug 7, 2023 | 7:36 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: CI, JL
Originally Posted by boycruz
any updates on lounge at sfo
food and ambiance?
You are allowed to use the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse in SFO.

I would skip the CI lounge without any hesitance.
Mama and NOLAnwGOLD like this.
Old Aug 15, 2023 | 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Caveat: I have not specifically checked CI's schedule
I would take CI over SQ for the HKD - SYD route simply because of the more shuttle like service between HKG and TPE.
Old Aug 15, 2023 | 7:13 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by chichow
I would take CI over SQ for the HKD - SYD route simply because of the more shuttle like service between HKG and TPE.
Agree with you on the more shuttle like serivce. Ended up picking CI over SQ too as CI seems to provide better sleeping compared to SQ's contorted sleeping position (both A350 and A380 have weird sleeping positions). Also the arrival time into SYD is a lot better with CI compared to early morning from SQ. Glad I ended up picking CI in the end and look forward to trying them out
Old Aug 17, 2023 | 1:08 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by Kryssa
Does anyone know if the China Airlines 777 has larger footwells in the first row of business? Flying SFO-TPE and have done this same round trip before and could definitely use more space down there.
There isn't a larger foot well. The space has been utilized as cabinets for FA.
Old Aug 24, 2023 | 2:56 am

Programs: Turkish Airlines, Oman Air, Kenya Airways, IHG
May i know if here is allow to share the travel experience in video format?
I flew several times China Airlines this year.

A350-900 Economy TPE-CGK + China Airlines Taipei Lounge (Skyteam)
A350-900 Business CGK-TPE + Garuda Indonesia Business Class Lounge (Skyteam) + Sapphire Plaza Premium Lounge (Credit Card)
A330-300 Business SIN-TPE + Mahaba Lounge
A330-300 Business TPE-BKK + Michelin Green Star Onboard Dining
A350-900 Business CGK-TPE + Kids Meal

Hope it's allow!

Thank you~
Old Aug 24, 2023 | 6:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TriPapa

A350-900 Business CGK-TPE + Garuda Indonesia Business Class Lounge (Skyteam) + Sapphire Plaza Premium Lounge (Credit Card)

Hope it's allow!

Thank you~
you can post your videos on YouTube and post the link here.
Old Aug 26, 2023 | 4:49 pm
10 Countries Visited

Programs: BA Gold
Recently flew CI on ICN-TPE (A330, originally a 777) and then TPE-VIE (A350). Both were quite enjoyable, with great service and food. Lounge in TPE was smaller than I expected, and the airport isn't great, but I would fly them again.
Old Aug 26, 2023 | 11:25 pm
40 Countries Visited5 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by TriPapa

Hope it's allow!

Thank you~
There is a specific forum for trip reports https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports-177/
Old Aug 27, 2023 | 3:47 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by AHC96
Recently flew CI on ICN-TPE (A330, originally a 777) and then TPE-VIE (A350). Both were quite enjoyable, with great service and food. Lounge in TPE was smaller than I expected, and the airport isn't great, but I would fly them again.
Lounge at D4 is packed and the other one nearby EVA has not yet re-opened.
Old Aug 28, 2023 | 8:24 pm

CI vs JAL

Trying to decide between CI for DPS-TPE-SFO vs paying cash for DPS-SIN and then flying JAL SIN-TYO-SFO. Was initially leaning toward CI bc it's easier but just realized that DPS-TPE is on the A330 with outdated recliner seats while JAL SIN-TYO is in sky suites II which look a lot better. But with a 3pm departure (7 hr flight), maybe recliner is good enough?
Old Aug 29, 2023 | 3:02 am
15 Years on Site

Originally Posted by angel_yunjie
Trying to decide between CI for DPS-TPE-SFO vs paying cash for DPS-SIN and then flying JAL SIN-TYO-SFO. Was initially leaning toward CI bc it's easier but just realized that DPS-TPE is on the A330 with outdated recliner seats while JAL SIN-TYO is in sky suites II which look a lot better. But with a 3pm departure (7 hr flight), maybe recliner is good enough?
If it's DPS-TYO-SFO (if that even existed on JL) I would take JL without any questions, but I don't find DPS-SIN-TYO-SFO more comfortable than DPS-TPE-SFO.

DPS-TPE is also not a 7 hour flight. There is a time zone difference and it's a little bit over 5 hours. It's bearable, but not anywhere near good. It is possible you might get the few new 333s that reclines pretty much flat, but that's YMMV as aircraft rotations do happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.