Old Sep 27, 2023, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
3-3.5 hours.
Thanks so much!
Old Sep 29, 2023, 6:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by puzo15
It's my first time flying on CI 777-300ER from LAX to TPE. Trying to decide which seat to select for a couple flying together. We have 12D and 12G for now.
It's an overnight flight, so we would like to get some sleep. Is the mini-cabin better than the main biz class cabin? I am concerned with the noise from the galley and basinettes at the front of it and at the back from the PE. Do the bulkhead rows 10 and 20 have more space?
Also, does anyone know in which order do they serve food in the 2 biz cabins? Do they serve the front cabin first? I'd rather get the food as soon as possible and go to sleep. Thanks!

Haha the flight crews certainly know how to bang those metal trays in the galley. I avoid being anywhere near the galley. They are trained to make as much noise as possible to make it look and sound like they are busy.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by leosantos
Haha the flight crews certainly know how to bang those metal trays in the galley. I avoid being anywhere near the galley. They are trained to make as much noise as possible to make it look and sound like they are busy.
bring a pair of noise canceling headset and you will be fine.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 1:28 am

Flying out of LHR in J, can someone advise please which Lounge CI use?

Their website not much help…
Old Oct 7, 2023, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Chesty
Flying out of LHR in J, can someone advise please which Lounge CI use?

Their website not much help
The website says they're using the CX lounge. I can't post URLs yet, but it's under: fly --> at the airport --> airport/check-in counter information (then there's a pull-down menu and you select LHR)
Chesty likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by surelyijest
The website says they're using the CX lounge. I can't post URLs yet, but it's under: fly --> at the airport --> airport/check-in counter information (then there's a pull-down menu and you select LHR)

Thanks for that, very helpful.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 2:52 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Originally Posted by Brooke.E
Does anyone know what time the baggage drop/check-in desks open at LAX? We're arriving in LAX, on a separate ticket, 7 hours before our China Airlines flight and I just want to come to terms with how long we'll be sitting in the check-in area and waiting with our luggage rather than sitting comfortably in a lounge.
The Delta lounge is amazing in T3 and Skyteam J pax can use the Delta One checkin that is hidden away on the arrivals curb near TBIT and T3. You cant check your bags there (i believe) but maybe you can access the lounge and the private security line while you wait for the CI desk to open especially if you already have your boarding pass. Im planning on dropping my bags at CI check in and then walk down to the D1 area to clear security and use the Delta Lounge until departure to TPE tomorrow (and maybe AMEX if its still open). Havent been to the KAL lounge for some time but never want to go back especially since the airside connection is open between T3 and TBIT and its not that far of a walk, unless youre flying from the 200 gates (KLM AF does and one decade will have their own lounge there)
Old Jan 4, 2024, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Im planning on dropping my bags at CI check in and then walk down to the D1 area to clear security and use the Delta Lounge until departure to TPE tomorrow (and maybe AMEX if its still open).
All terminals are connected airside now, so you can also walk from TBIT to D1 post security.
NOLAnwGOLD likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:12 pm

Yes, this I know but want using the D1 security check point is so much faster (since generally there's no line) and you go directly up into the SkyClub lounge without any additional check points.

https://news.delta.com/delta-reaches...west-headhouse
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Yes, this I know but want using the D1 security check point is so much faster (since generally there's no line) and you go directly up into the SkyClub lounge without any additional check points.

https://news.delta.com/delta-reaches...west-headhouse
Let us know if Delta allows you to use the exclusive check in line. Skyteam benefits only extend to club access but the words used on Delta's website does seem to suggest one may be able to use the entire Sky way at LAX.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 3:13 am

I checked my bags at TBIT with CI, walked downstairs to the D1 Skyway, showed the bouncer my CI business boarding pass (he wasnt so familiar with CI and their C class but showed him my booking that said Business, oddly didnt scan the BP but let me in. Grabbed some anacks then went through the security (the only oax there and they recognized my Precheck status). Took the elevator up to the SkyClub and had some great Hawaiian BBQ ribs, mac and cheese and the salmon dip.

So much better than the KAL lounge! The only reason to do the KAL lounge is you want a spacious quiet spot to chill.

I was able to do this previously with a LATAM biz ticket as well (they at least use OneWorld biz lounge)

Its about a ten minute walk to TBIT and another 5 to the CI gate (I walk fast and didnt use the walkways)
Old Jan 7, 2024, 3:58 am

I'm looking for business class availability in Dec 2024 on the TPE-SFO route and it seems that there are no Business Basic fares (or award availability) on this route after November 14, 2024. However there continues to be Business Basic availability through December on SFO-TPE as well as TPE-LAX. Does anyone know what might be the reason for this?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.