China Airlines Business Class

Old Aug 29, 2023, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
If it's DPS-TYO-SFO (if that even existed on JL) I would take JL without any questions, but I don't find DPS-SIN-TYO-SFO more comfortable than DPS-TPE-SFO.

DPS-TPE is also not a 7 hour flight. There is a time zone difference and it's a little bit over 5 hours. It's bearable, but not anywhere near good. It is possible you might get the few new 333s that reclines pretty much flat, but that's YMMV as aircraft rotations do happen.
Thank you! Yes I realized afterwards that it is 5.5 and not 7, which feels much more manageable. The flight is not till next Sept so hopefully they will swap out more of the old aircrafts for the new ones. Watching a video of the A321neo and that looks really nice

Also to your point of DPS-TYO-SFO, I did toy with the idea of booking Garuda biz from DPS-TYO and then JAL the second leg. Points wise it's fine but nervous about having 2 separate tickets and feel that it's prob not worth the hassle
coolfish1103 likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2023, 11:00 pm

Best seats?

Just booked DPS-TPE-SFO. Would appreciate any thoughts on what the best seats are on the 777 as well as A330 for 2 pax. Thank you!
Old Sep 16, 2023, 5:04 pm

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum
Does anyone know if it's possible to visit the CI dynasty lounge in TPE terminal 1 (A-side) if arriving in terminal 1 but onward connection (on CI) leaves from terminal 2?
Old Sep 18, 2023, 2:42 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by lvdpol
Does anyone know if it's possible to visit the CI dynasty lounge in TPE terminal 1 (A-side) if arriving in terminal 1 but onward connection (on CI) leaves from terminal 2?
Yes. You can visit any CI lounge but the walk will be long (so reserve ample time for boarding).

Originally Posted by angel_yunjie
Just booked DPS-TPE-SFO. Would appreciate any thoughts on what the best seats are on the 777 as well as A330 for 2 pax. Thank you!
Assuming Business:

777 front and back window seats if you don't need to constantly talk to each other, otherwise you need a middle seat.
333 there is really no difference other than if you want your PTV available right after the takeoff cause first row you won't be able to use it till it's at altitude. Besides that it's just whether you want window or not.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 12:27 pm

Which seat in Business?

It's my first time flying on CI 777-300ER from LAX to TPE. Trying to decide which seat to select for a couple flying together. We have 12D and 12G for now.
It's an overnight flight, so we would like to get some sleep. Is the mini-cabin better than the main biz class cabin? I am concerned with the noise from the galley and basinettes at the front of it and at the back from the PE. Do the bulkhead rows 10 and 20 have more space?
Also, does anyone know in which order do they serve food in the 2 biz cabins? Do they serve the front cabin first? I'd rather get the food as soon as possible and go to sleep. Thanks!

Last edited by puzo15; Sep 18, 2023 at 3:00 pm
Old Sep 19, 2023, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by puzo15
It's my first time flying on CI 777-300ER from LAX to TPE. Trying to decide which seat to select for a couple flying together. We have 12D and 12G for now.
It's an overnight flight, so we would like to get some sleep. Is the mini-cabin better than the main biz class cabin? I am concerned with the noise from the galley and basinettes at the front of it and at the back from the PE. Do the bulkhead rows 10 and 20 have more space?
Also, does anyone know in which order do they serve food in the 2 biz cabins? Do they serve the front cabin first? I'd rather get the food as soon as possible and go to sleep. Thanks!
Tier card members get their selections first. Food is served from the front.

Main cabin is better than mini cabin, less noise.

Space is the same.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Tier card members get their selections first. Food is served from the front.

Main cabin is better than mini cabin, less noise.

Space is the same.
Thank you!
Old Sep 19, 2023, 7:58 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Plat
Any suggestions for best J class seats on the A350? Currently booked on 14A and 15A, hoping the middle of cabin will be away from the noise of galley
Old Sep 19, 2023, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by sklo
Any suggestions for best J class seats on the A350? Currently booked on 14A and 15A, hoping the middle of cabin will be away from the noise of galley
Yes you will be away from the galley. We flown 10A and 11A and didn't feel particularly noisy.

FA will place some snack at the top/front of the TV on seats 10D/G so I would avoid 10D/G.
sklo likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 1:01 pm

Does anyone know what lounges CI Business Class can use in Hồng Kong?
Old Sep 21, 2023, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Travellingdude
Does anyone know what lounges CI Business Class can use in Hồng Kong?
Plaza Premium Lounge.
Old Sep 21, 2023, 11:13 am

Lounges at LAX

Any suggestions on the best lounge at LAX if we are flying out of TBIT?

We are flying with China Airlines in J from LAX to TPE and then we might be connecting to another city in Y.
If I understand correctly this notice on the Skyteam website, would only apply to us at TPE and we can still access the lounge at LAX, right?

For connecting customers, both the domestic and international flights must be operated by a SkyTeam member airline and all segments need to be booked in First or Business Class.
st or Business Class boa
Old Sep 21, 2023, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by puzo15
Any suggestions on the best lounge at LAX if we are flying out of TBIT?

We are flying with China Airlines in J from LAX to TPE and then we might be connecting to another city in Y.
If I understand correctly this notice on the Skyteam website, would only apply to us at TPE and we can still access the lounge at LAX, right?

“For connecting customers, both the domestic and international flights must be operated by a SkyTeam member airline and all segments need to be booked in First or Business Class.”
st or Business Class boa
There is only Skyteam lounge operated by KAL at TBIT (quite subpar) unless you want to go visit the Delta lounge in Terminal 3 (this might be a better choice now the connector is built, but it's a haul).

No lounge at TPE (unless you got airline status), but if you got PP there are plenty of lounges to visit.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Does anyone know what time the baggage drop/check-in desks open at LAX? We're arriving in LAX, on a separate ticket, 7 hours before our China Airlines flight and I just want to come to terms with how long we'll be sitting in the check-in area and waiting with our luggage rather than sitting comfortably in a lounge.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Brooke.E
Does anyone know what time the baggage drop/check-in desks open at LAX? We're arriving in LAX, on a separate ticket, 7 hours before our China Airlines flight and I just want to come to terms with how long we'll be sitting in the check-in area and waiting with our luggage rather than sitting comfortably in a lounge.
3-3.5 hours.
AfterHour likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.