China Airlines Business Class

Old Mar 26, 2023, 7:21 am

Just wondering if there's an updated overview of CI business class. I'm flying HKG - TPE - NRT in May on A330-300s.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 2:44 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by garethmorgan
Just wondering if there's an updated overview of CI business class. I'm flying HKG - TPE - NRT in May on A330-300s.
Nothing to write home about if you are on 333 other than the meals.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by coolfish1103
Nothing to write home about if you are on 333 other than the meals.
Meals good or bad?
Old Mar 31, 2023, 5:36 pm

Programs: EVA, FLYING BLUE, UNITED
China Airline Business Class

I have recently flown CI biz class from TPE to LAX and it was better than I expected and I was comparing the experience to EVA's business class. The food was comparable to EVA but if you want the Ferragamo toiletry bag and Jason Wu's pajamas, then EVA is better. I also like China Airline's seat storage a bit better than EVA's. The flight attendants on CI was really attentive but there was only 10% occupancy in the business class that day.
Old Apr 9, 2023, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by garethmorgan
Meals good or bad?
Just flew TPE-KIX. I would say the meal standard have improved prior to 2019 COVID.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 12:43 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by allison168
I have recently flown CI biz class from TPE to LAX and it was better than I expected and I was comparing the experience to EVA's business class. The food was comparable to EVA but if you want the Ferragamo toiletry bag and Jason Wu's pajamas, then EVA is better. I also like China Airline's seat storage a bit better than EVA's. The flight attendants on CI was really attentive but there was only 10% occupancy in the business class that day.
I much prefer EVA's USA route network to CI's and for me at least which schedule fits better is the overriding factor. I have going out of my way to fly both just to experience the differences and I feel maybe there is a marginal difference at 10-20% but only on specific items like seat, pajamas etc.

Fly whichever works better for schedule and price. The difference is not like that between a USA carrier vs an Asian Carrer (EVA / CI / JAL / SQ)
dragoncsl likes this.
Old May 24, 2023, 11:16 am

Just flew CI J TPE-LAX.

The hard product is more comfortable and much newer than EVA's dated 777. I would say the food service is a bit of a miss with everything coming out in one course. During my flight they had a "3 Michelin Star" special menu item which was just "okay". No PJ's and the amenity kits were poor quality despited being North Face branded and neon-green? The snack bar was a plus with 8+ different snacks to pick from and I was surprised that Johnnie Walker Blue Label was being served with generous pours.

narvik and dragoncsl like this.
Old May 25, 2023, 3:36 pm

What is the recommended seating in J on CI's 777-300ER for a couple? Two window seats or two in the middle?
Old May 25, 2023, 4:06 pm

I would do 2 in the middle. On EVA probably 2 window as there is more separation.
grabster likes this.
Old May 25, 2023, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by grabster
What is the recommended seating in J on CI's 777-300ER for a couple? Two window seats or two in the middle?
You want to talk or see each other: Middle. You want some private space, front and back at the window.
eminere and grabster like this.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 12:57 am

Programs: United Platinum
Does anyone know if the China Airlines 777 has larger footwells in the first row of business? Flying SFO-TPE and have done this same round trip before and could definitely use more space down there.
Old Jul 15, 2023, 4:24 pm

I am arriving in J from SFO, but am in Y outbound to KIX. Will I be able to access the lounge in TPE? Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2023, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by miss_travel
I am arriving in J from SFO, but am in Y outbound to KIX. Will I be able to access the lounge in TPE? Thanks!
Lounge access is granted to J class outbound flight. So, you will have lounge access in SFO, not in TPE.
Old Jul 22, 2023, 1:46 am

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
any updates on lounge at sfo
food and ambiance?
Old Jul 27, 2023, 5:20 am
Suspended

This is what was sent to me yesterday for my flight next week, cant imagine getting anyting like this in USA ,Europe or Australia.on a short flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.