Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by millions
Weekends are always very light. I wouldn't be surprised if there were contract terms limiting Fri-Sun access.
That seems odd. Almost all of my XOJet and DPJ flights are on weekends. They are certainly lighter, but I hope that they aren't suddenly intentionally restricting them.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:35 am

Hmm. I hope you're right, millions.

But in the past I thought the heaviest days were Friday and Sun/Mon.

Unless you mean a new contract limiting weekends that is just starting now.

I was surprised by how many were available during xmas/new years. Figured they'd be off the market for JS, but there were tons.

Here's to hoping this is a temporary glitch/coincidence. Moving to a non-shuttle city next week, so if empties go down there is no way to justify a renewal.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:52 am

Good news!

"We are doing technical maintainance and empty legs will be published again shortly"

Let's hope they are doing this to add all the NetJet and Flexjet inventory to the system
Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:24 pm

deleted
Old Jan 7, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold, TK Gold, AA Gold
Really not happy with JS

Deleted to secure my membership (can't complain online)

13. NON-DISPARAGEMENT

Each Member agrees to refrain from making any negative or disparaging comments to anyone (either orally or in writing) about JetSmarter or any of its affiliates or their business or operations or any of their respective officers, directors or employees; provided, however, that this provision shall not be interpreted to prevent Member from making any truthful statement to his, her or its attorneys or other advisors, or to any court or arbitrator of competent jurisdiction in the context enforcing his, her or its rights under or defending any action with respect to this Agreement.

Last edited by DLH441; Feb 10, 2017 at 3:36 pm
Old Jan 7, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
The charges for booze and snacks on empty legs have always been in the terms and conditions--this is, however, he first instance I've ever heard of them actually charging the fees.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by Sykes
The charges for booze and snacks on empty legs have always been in the terms and conditions--this is, however, he first instance I've ever heard of them actually charging the fees.
Yeah the charges have been in there forever but I've only heard of one case of it being charged, and that was when the member basically cleaned them out of alcohol.

How many snacks/drinks did you take? And this was on Air Hamburg?

BTW, empty legs are back working again.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 9:26 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DLH441
Hi guys,

I just wanted to share with you my last experience with Jetsmarter, I took an SFD deal and we took some beers, snacks,.. As always on JS flights.

And later in the day I got a 200$ surprise invoice from Jetsmarter, they invoiced me 50$ for a beer, and also for snacks.

I find this crazy, they update their policies every month, to maximise revenues. They don't give any informations to members, like "Hey, we've updated our policy, please find below our new agreement"
In regards to the booze, this has been policy for some time, though not enforced on Air Hamburg until recently. A pilot informed me "No booze" when I went to the galley on the XLS+ the other week. He said they had had some problems with other members, so Air Hamburg was cutting the booze. This I can semi-understand. I was on a Air Hamburg XLS a few months ago where 6 people went through 4-5 half bottles of Vueve and Moet. I think it's a combination of expense and the fact that the turnaround times of the plane is short (not enough time to restock).
Old Jan 7, 2017, 9:26 pm

Hi guys,

I also noticed that they stopped "selling" any Air Hamburg Legacy empty flight since a month. Again, they're trying to optimise revenues.

You can't sell to people an amazing service for a year, then lowering every month the membership value by asking 50$ for a beer, by not showing all flights available and by stop selling Air Hamburg legacy flight because it's probably much expensive than the XLS+ ones.
Was literally just going to post about the same thing re: No Air Hamburgs Legacy 600/650 planes in the past 3/4 weeks in Europe.

Has anyone had any confirmation this is being done on purpose?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by dordal
Yeah the charges have been in there forever but I've only heard of one case of it being charged, and that was when the member basically cleaned them out of alcohol.

How many snacks/drinks did you take? And this was on Air Hamburg?

BTW, empty legs are back working again.
Deleted to secure my membership (can't complain online)

13. NON-DISPARAGEMENT

Each Member agrees to refrain from making any negative or disparaging comments to anyone (either orally or in writing) about JetSmarter or any of its affiliates or their business or operations or any of their respective officers, directors or employees; provided, however, that this provision shall not be interpreted to prevent Member from making any truthful statement to his, her or its attorneys or other advisors, or to any court or arbitrator of competent jurisdiction in the context enforcing his, her or its rights under or defending any action with respect to this Agreement.

Last edited by DLH441; Feb 10, 2017 at 3:36 pm
Old Jan 8, 2017, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Gabrca
Was literally just going to post about the same thing re: No Air Hamburgs Legacy 600/650 planes in the past 3/4 weeks in Europe.

Has anyone had any confirmation this is being done on purpose?
It is.

Last edited by DLH441; Feb 10, 2017 at 3:37 pm
Old Jan 8, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
I'm almost sure that it's on purpose. They also filter some XLS+ and CJ2/3 flights. You can check on competitors websites for empty legs, they have big list of different empty legs with Air Hamburg and SFD (you know thanks to the tail number on the picture)..
Delta does this too. If you search DPJ on flightaware, you'll find tail numbers flying that don't ever show up on the app. For whatever reason, it seems like they've limited the deal to only part of the fleet.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by dordal
Delta does this too. If you search DPJ on flightaware, you'll find tail numbers flying that don't ever show up on the app. For whatever reason, it seems like they've limited the deal to only part of the fleet.
It's possible that the owners of those aircraft managed by DPJ have directed DPJ to not fly any JetSmarter trips.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Herb687
It's possible that the owners of those aircraft managed by DPJ have directed DPJ to not fly any JetSmarter trips.
thats definitely possible for DPJ

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Air Hamburg own all their own aircraft? Since the onset they've been weird with empty legs, there were days where 0 legs posted, others the seem to have quite a few. My rep says as soon as an empty leg flight plan is filed with Air Hamburg, it automatically uploaded to the JS app. I very much doubt that with the lack of Legacy now and multiple day periods where there is none whatsoever.

Statistically what 30%-ish of all private jet flights are empty? Whenever I'm on a plane the pilots are doing 3-5 segments that day. If their aircraft utilization on an average day is 80% (of 21 aircraft) and you assume conservatively 3 legs a day of flight (21 aircraft x 0.8 utilization x 3 segments day x 0.33 empty) = 15 empty segments per day.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 7:35 pm

I just want to confirm that DJPs fly empty without being on the app - Same plane, same crew, etc.

I was on a fantastic empty leg with them yesterday. They had just flown in empty from Cabo, and it definitely wasn't on the app. I found it curious. Certainly not angry, just curious that some are and some are not on there. Wonder why.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.