Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Thebigboss24
I've been trying to get my money back since July and there has been no sucess. This is crazy. This was the years biggest bait and switch. I actually spoke with the head of customer service Ashleigh about this entire mess. She was nice but very direct and said she was unable to refund my money due to the membership agreement however, she was able to work out a fair deal for me. I called to speak with her two weeks ago and sad to say but she has quit she has left the company. I liked her, she was the only reliable trustworthy person in that place. Now, they are not giving me my money back or the deal. I'm done.
Assuming you have a legitimate complaint and are seeking what a reasonable third party would deem appropriate, I would:

1.) File a complaint through the Better Business Bureau asking for a full refund or a refund for your remaining months.

If that doesn’t work, then

2.) File a dispute with your credit card company (chargeback) for not receiving the services you paid for

Credit card companies nearly always side with the consumer in chargeback claims, though it’s possible JS comes back hard with the user agreement, etc.

if 1 & 2 fail, then I would look at small claims court ($5k limit in FL).

Old Nov 21, 2018, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by dval44

Assuming you have a legitimate complaint and are seeking what a reasonable third party would deem appropriate, I would:

1.) File a complaint through the Better Business Bureau asking for a full refund or a refund for your remaining months.

If that doesn’t work, then

2.) File a dispute with your credit card company (chargeback) for not receiving the services you paid for

Credit card companies nearly always side with the consumer in chargeback claims, though it’s possible JS comes back hard with the user agreement, etc.

if 1 & 2 fail, then I would look at small claims court ($5k limit in FL).

I would disagree with this statement. I run credit cards all the time for my company (merchandise that gets shipped), and if someone tries to charge something back and I have a signature (usually only for $250+) orders, I almost always win. I do vaguely remember someone charging back their Jetsmarter membership and did win (i think it was AMEX) so YMMV. Just a little false to say that they always side with the consumer because if the merchant did have a legitimate response/proof, they are definitely entitled to deny the chargeback.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by mwood20
I would disagree with this statement. I run credit cards all the time for my company (merchandise that gets shipped), and if someone tries to charge something back and I have a signature (usually only for $250+) orders, I almost always win. I do vaguely remember someone charging back their Jetsmarter membership and did win (i think it was AMEX) so YMMV. Just a little false to say that they always side with the consumer because if the merchant did have a legitimate response/proof, they are definitely entitled to deny the chargeback.
I mean...you are “disagreeing” with my statement by basically agreeing with every point.

I suppose you would dial down “almost always side with consumers” to “usually side with consumers,” but yeah.

If if it’s not a fraudent chargeback, the consumer shows he tried to find resolution with the merchant, and the consumer shows he didn’t get what he paid for, I think you have solid odds. Not 100%, as I said. Perhaps signed user agreements provide a lot of merchant protection. But yeah, worth the cost ($0) of trying.

Would you recommend he *not* try a chargeback? Or is your only point correcting “almost always” to “usually?”
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:55 pm

JetSmarter is an absolute scam.

The lawsuits are piling on and current and ex-employees along with their investors are in harm's way.

The pain is coming.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 2:35 pm

Also, notice how their C-level "celebrity" endorsers that they have paid have all disappeared from their website, marketing materials etc.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:38 am

Isn't it obvious at this point that this was a total scam to prey on those that want to be in the 1% but can't afford it. It's clear as to why their shuttles, deals, shared flights are going down and their cancellations are going up. It all comes down to fulfillment and sourcing. Likely for a number of reasons, they are having issuing sourcing aircraft for these trips. It is mainly because they don't own or control their planes. It all comes down to economics and ownership of the asset. WheelsUp is a better alternative or if you can afford to charter formulate a relationship with a good charter broker that is reputable and understands you. Charter Auction is great and I have been doing business with them for years. I came across this forum when doing some due diligence on Jetsmarter. My advice would be get out if you still can, don't renew and run away, don't walk
Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:01 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moderator Note.

In the past few days, an extended discussion about Wheels Up was held in this thread. We've moved it to this more apt thread which is focused on Wheels Up:
Wheels Up through Costco

Thanks, Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 10:45 am

Surely they must have worked out by now that their initiation fee is worthless? They should scrap the joining fee and just try make margin on the flights themselves.

In any event, bankruptcy surely beckons

Old Dec 13, 2018, 4:53 am
Suspended

Hard to believe

Hard to believe if you charter a full jet from JetSmarter they can have the rights to use any photos you take for promotions? Can this even be legal?

JetSmarter is putting a push on full aircraft charter; Here are four reasons to be wary

Lastly, while you may fly privately to remain private, Section 17 gives JetSmarter the right to turn you into a promotional billboard:

Passenger authorizes JetSmarter, its subsidiaries, licensees, successors and assigns, to use Passenger’s (1) picture, including photographic, motion picture, and electronic (video) images; and (2) voice, including sound and video recordings created while Passenger is utilizing the Services of JetSmarter. Passenger hereby grants JetSmarter, its subsidiaries, licensees, successors and assigns, the right to use, publish, and reproduce, for all purposes, Passenger’s name, picture(s) of Passenger in film or electronic (video) form, silhouettes and other reproductions of Passenger’s likeness, sound and video recordings of Passenger’s voice, and printed and electronic copies of the information described above in any and all media including, without limitation, cable and broadcast television and Internet, and for exhibition, distribution, promotion, advertising, sale, press conferences, meetings, hearings, educational purposes, and in brochures and other print media. This permission extends to all languages, media, formats and markets now known or hereafter devised whether in the United States or abroad. The permission shall continue forever. Passenger acknowledges and understands that he, she, or it may not enjoin any exploitation of the activities as described above.

Passenger further grants JetSmarter, its subsidiaries, licensees, successors and assigns all right, title, and interest in all finished pictures, negatives, reproductions, and copies of any original print, and further grants JetSmarter, its subsidiaries, licensees, successors and assigns the right to give, sell, transfer, and exhibit any print in copies or facsimiles thereof, for marketing, communications, or advertising purposes, as it deems fit in its sole discretion.

Passenger hereby waives the right to receive any payment for granting this release and waives the right to receive any payment for JetSmarter’s, its subsidiaries, licensees, successors and assigns use of any of the material described above for any purpose authorized by this release. Passenger also waives any right to inspect or approve finished photographs, audio, video, multimedia, or advertising recordings and copy or printed matter or computer generated scanned image and other electronic media that may be used in conjunction therewith and further waives any right to approve the eventual use that it might be applied. Passenger acknowledges that he or she has read the foregoing and fully understands and agrees to the contents thereof.

Source - Private Jet Card Comparisons
Old Dec 14, 2018, 11:25 am

If I was Sergey, I would go back to Russia, get a cabin in Siberia and pray no one can find me. Or, just go to jail, preferably, in Haiti.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by SuperSaint
Surely they must have worked out by now that their initiation fee is worthless? They should scrap the joining fee and just try make margin on the flights themselves.

In any event, bankruptcy surely beckons

yes, it is worthless. But if they get even one poor sap to bite, then it is worth it for them. Free money for JS offering nothing in return.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:58 pm

It's called theft. Or a donation...
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: AA EXPLT
I received an offer from JetSmarter for a Family membership at $7500 with a $7500 Promotional Credit. The fine print says that not more than 10% or $1000 (whichever is lower) on any given flight can be covered by a Promotional Credit.

Apparently Drew Doidge is the new Brent Hollenbach (who is now selling yacht fractional ownership).
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by adrianjo
I received an offer from JetSmarter for a Family membership at $7500 with a $7500 Promotional Credit. The fine print says that not more than 10% or $1000 (whichever is lower) on any given flight can be covered by a Promotional Credit.

Apparently Drew Doidge is the new Brent Hollenbach (who is now selling yacht fractional ownership).
So you would have to spend $67,500 to use your $7,500 in credit?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:49 pm

correct.

The Family Membership appeared in June then went away and now they brought it back again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.