Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > oneworld
Reload this Page >

xONEx online tool bugs thread

xONEx online tool bugs thread

Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by henry999
Just to point out a little more tool funniness. There aren't a lot of OW options out of Norway. Aside from the problematic QR to DOH, there is basically BA to LHR and AY to HEL. When I adjust the itinerary to make it start OSL-LHR-DOH, I get a different error message:

> Pricing Error
> Sorry, we've noticed that an error has occurred. The fastest way to get a quote
>is to contact British Airways.

Similarly with AY to HEL as the first sector. Same message, except 'contact Finnair' instead of 'contact British Airways'.

Maybe I'll have to look for a TA who knows what s/he is doing -- although after following the arguments here over the years I have in general been more persuaded by the position that when trouble happens it's better to have a ticket purchased directly from an airline.

Also, I suppose I could make one of my trans-oceanics on AA and thereby perhaps get them willing to be involved -- although recent comments about their inventing additional hurdles regarding credit cards put them in a somewhat negative light.

Thank luck for that, anyway!
I would try what Pandaperth said.
He is quite good at finding solutions.

I found that when I got error messages I could clear the cache, and restart the computer and sometimes get it to work..Or switch computers. I never logged in until I got the record locator.
AA has an ok Business class on the 77W , But avoid coach at all costs on the 77W it is 10 across! As for ex OSL ticketing. If you have an inexpensive way to call the usa AA RTW desk can ticket for you. They are the only airline I know that still has a dedicated RTW desk. Most of the smart agents have left since the merger so, that said: Outside the U.S. and Canada, call +1 817-267-1151 and ask for the Around The World Desk.

I would be very careful about buying a ticket with plans to change it latter. I found that is recent years, no airline realy knows the RTW rules. Try to make the tool work, Get a record locator and ticket it with ??? ( I have two RTW tickets with BA, it took one month to make a simple change.) I would pick AA. You do not need an AA flight for them to ticket. If you get an agent who says that , try another.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by 2old4coach
If you have an inexpensive way to call the usa AA RTW desk can ticket for you. They are the only airline I know that still has a dedicated RTW desk. Most of the smart agents have left since the merger so, that said: Outside the U.S. and Canada, call +1 817-267-1151 and ask for the Around The World Desk.

I would be very careful about buying a ticket with plans to change it latter. I found that is recent years, no airline realy knows the RTW rules. Try to make the tool work, Get a record locator and ticket it with ??? ( I have two RTW tickets with BA, it took one month to make a simple change.) I would pick AA. You do not need an AA flight for them to ticket. If you get an agent who says that , try another.
The number for the AA RTW Desk is +1800 247 3247

After flying the first two segments of my current RTW ticket, I phoned the desk to change every remaining flight - a total re-route. It took 20 minutes to get it done. Phoned back 12 hours later and paid the $125 change fee plus the $43.60 in re-computed taxes, fees and charges. Ticket was re-issued 12 hours after the payment was made.
All-in-all, a very good experience
Old Aug 12, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by 2old4coach
You do not need an AA flight for them to ticket. If you get an agent who says that , try another.
You may not need a flight on the ticketing airline for them to ticket it, but they do tend to insist. AA and CX tend to insist more then others. AA asks for an intercontinental flight to have an AA code. They will let you use a QF, CX, JL, BA or IB flight for the intercontinental sectors, provided at least 1 is on an AA codeshare.

I once asked CX for a quote on a DAS13, and they refused to even give a quote based on QF operating the first flight. They gave one once I started quoting fare rules at them.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
xONEx Unexpected Error Occured

"Unexpected error occurred" is the message I got when trying to choose flight for DOH-AKL, no matter what date I plug in.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:57 am
R2

When it's the oneworld booking tool, no error is unexpected
Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
OW Tool still unusable

For testing purposes I just tried to price an extremely simple AONE3: OSL-LHR-SAN-ORD-HKG-LHR-OSL.
It didn't matter which browser I used. On a Mac it returned

"Sorry, we've noticed that an error has occurred. The fastest way to get a quote is to contact British Airways."

Same problem pricing an AONE4 starting JNB-LHR.....

Does oneworld never check their software? This is a truly useless, pathetic tool.

Also, I notice on ExpertFlyer.com that the AONE3 is no longer offered as a choice on their pricing page, starting in either OSL or JNB. Is this another wrinkle?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Full Score
For testing purposes I just tried to price an extremely simple AONE3: OSL-LHR-SAN-ORD-HKG-LHR-OSL.
It didn't matter which browser I used. On a Mac it returned

"Sorry, we've noticed that an error has occurred. The fastest way to get a quote is to contact British Airways."

Same problem pricing an AONE4 starting JNB-LHR.....

Does oneworld never check their software? This is a truly useless, pathetic tool.

Also, I notice on ExpertFlyer.com that the AONE3 is no longer offered as a choice on their pricing page, starting in either OSL or JNB. Is this another wrinkle?
OSL - AONE3 is still there.
JNB - No AONE3 it seems. Did OW make it possible to have xONE3 from Africa?

Code:
FQOSLOSL-BABA                                                 
OSL-OSL       CXR-BA       THU 08MAR18                     NOK  
//SEE FQHELP FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEW FARE DISPLAYS//      
  SURCHARGE FOR PAPER TICKET MAY BE ADDED WHEN ITIN PRICED      
BA     OSLOSL.CT       08MAR18          MPM                     
   V  FARE BASIS AP  FARE-OW   FARE-RT BK   SEASON  MINMAX  RTG 
  1    ACIRAT17                 67900 A   ---      7/  - CT01 
  2    ACIRAT21                 74400 A   ---      7/  - CT02 
  3    ACIRAT25                 81800 A   ---      7/  - CT03 
  4    AONEWC3                  91902 A   ---      -/12M CT04 
  5    AONEWC4                 106047 A   ---      -/12M CT05 

BA     OSLOSL.RW       08MAR18          MPM                     
  6    AONE3                    91902 A   ---      -/12M RW01 
  7    AGLOB34                 106047 A   ---      -/12M RW02 
  8    AONE4                   106047 A   ---      -/12M RW03 
  9    AONE5                   118125 A   ---      -/12M RW04 
 10    AONE6                   135981 A   ---      -/12M RW05 

*** THERE ARE NO YY FARES PUBLISHED OSL-OSL ***                 

CT01*  /CIRCLE TRIP/ PUBLISHED RTG 1700                         
       MUST NOT EXCEED MPM 17000                               
FQJNBJNB-BABA                                                 
JNB-JNB       CXR-BA       THU 08MAR18                     ZAR  
//SEE FQHELP FOR INFORMATION ABOUT THE NEW FARE DISPLAYS//      
  SURCHARGE FOR PAPER TICKET MAY BE ADDED WHEN ITIN PRICED      
BA     JNBJNB.CT       08MAR18          MPM                     
  1    AONEWC3              150000.00 A   ---      -/12M CT01 
  2    AONEWC4              173000.00 A   ---      -/12M CT02 

BA     JNBJNB.RW       08MAR18          MPM                     
  3    AGLOB34              173000.00 A   ---      -/12M RW01 
  4    AONE4                173000.00 A   ---      -/12M RW02 
  5    AONE5                195000.00 A   ---      -/12M RW03 
  6    AONE6                225000.00 A   ---      -/12M RW04 

*** THERE ARE NO YY FARES PUBLISHED JNB-JNB ***                 

CT01*  /CIRCLE TRIP/ PUBLISHED RTG 3033                         
       TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED VIA THE FARE ORIGIN              
       1. 230-*O-230                                            
       2. 230-*O-230-*O-230                                     
       3. 230-*O-230-*O-230-*O-340-*O-310/320/330-*O-310/320/   
          330-*O-*XU-*O-310/320/330-*O-*XU-*O-230              
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
OSL - AONE3 is still there.
JNB - No AONE3 it seems. Did OW make it possible to have xONE3 from Africa?
xONE3 is possible from Africa (Africa-SWP-Sth Am-Africa or vv)
But none of the airlines involved have F cabin on those routes
And so no published AONE3 fares from any of the 3 continents
DONE3 and LONE3 fares are published
ernestnywang likes this.

Last edited by pandaperth; Mar 7, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:53 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by pandaperth
xONE3 is possible from Africa (Africa-SWP-Sth Am-Africa or vv)
But none of the airlines involved have F cabin on those routes
And so no published AONE3 faresz from any of the 3 continents
DONE3 and LONE3 fares are published
Ah that makes sense! And yes I can see DONE3 and LONE3 from JNB. Thanks!
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. In ExpertFlyer I choose Fare Information and then enter OSL to OSL, and under fare code put AONE3. This used to bring up all the relevant fares. Now all I see in First are ACIRAT and AONEWC3/4 fares. DONE3 is also missing, although LONE3 is there.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Full Score
Maybe I'm not looking in the right place. In ExpertFlyer I choose Fare Information and then enter OSL to OSL, and under fare code put AONE3. This used to bring up all the relevant fares. Now all I see in First are ACIRAT and AONEWC3/4 fares. DONE3 is also missing, although LONE3 is there.
I'm not having any problems.
Don't put anything in the fare code box and just use the class check box options at the top of the results screen to filter out the classes you don't want.

For OSL-OSL in F, I'm getting Circle Atlantic (ACIRAT17, 21 and 25), oneworld Explorer (AONE3, 4, 5 and 6) and Global Explorer (AGLOB34). Though for some reason, it isn't listing the Circle Trip Explorer, the circle option that doesn't include the Americas (xONEWC3 and 4).

Might be the airline used to filter fares by. I was using AA. Using AY, it isn't showing any of the Circle Atlantic options under F, but does show the xONEWC3 (though not xONEWC4)

Last edited by Himeno; Mar 8, 2018 at 1:55 am
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Himeno
.....Don't put anything in the fare code box and just use the class check box options at the top of the results screen to filter out the classes you don't want....
Thank you. I hadn't been putting an airline code into it. All now displays correctly.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:10 pm

QR OSL-DOH - online tool shows NO non-stop flight

Title said it all. I tried different months, and couldn't find anything on QR with non-stop service.
What's wrong with web site? Any get around solutions?
Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Title said it all. I tried different months, and couldn't find anything on QR with non-stop service.
What's wrong with web site?
Are you trying to start an xONEx on QR from OSL? The tool will not allow any such bookings. Make your plan and then call somebody like a TA or the AA RTW desk to make the booking.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by henry999
Are you trying to start an xONEx on QR from OSL? The tool will not allow any such bookings. Make your plan and then call somebody like a TA or the AA RTW desk to make the booking.
No even choosing flights?

Yes. I was planning a xDONEx.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Normally, I'd like to get the itinerary at least validated online before calling (after failing to book online). Good to know that AA RTW desk will handle booking ex-OSL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.