FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - xONEx online tool bugs thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2017, 2:42 pm
2old4coach

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by henry999
Just to point out a little more tool funniness. There aren't a lot of OW options out of Norway. Aside from the problematic QR to DOH, there is basically BA to LHR and AY to HEL. When I adjust the itinerary to make it start OSL-LHR-DOH, I get a different error message:

> Pricing Error
> Sorry, we've noticed that an error has occurred. The fastest way to get a quote
>is to contact British Airways.

Similarly with AY to HEL as the first sector. Same message, except 'contact Finnair' instead of 'contact British Airways'.

Maybe I'll have to look for a TA who knows what s/he is doing -- although after following the arguments here over the years I have in general been more persuaded by the position that when trouble happens it's better to have a ticket purchased directly from an airline.

Also, I suppose I could make one of my trans-oceanics on AA and thereby perhaps get them willing to be involved -- although recent comments about their inventing additional hurdles regarding credit cards put them in a somewhat negative light.

Thank luck for that, anyway!
I would try what Pandaperth said.
He is quite good at finding solutions.

I found that when I got error messages I could clear the cache, and restart the computer and sometimes get it to work..Or switch computers. I never logged in until I got the record locator.
AA has an ok Business class on the 77W , But avoid coach at all costs on the 77W it is 10 across! As for ex OSL ticketing. If you have an inexpensive way to call the usa AA RTW desk can ticket for you. They are the only airline I know that still has a dedicated RTW desk. Most of the smart agents have left since the merger so, that said: Outside the U.S. and Canada, call +1 817-267-1151 and ask for the Around The World Desk.

I would be very careful about buying a ticket with plans to change it latter. I found that is recent years, no airline realy knows the RTW rules. Try to make the tool work, Get a record locator and ticket it with ??? ( I have two RTW tickets with BA, it took one month to make a simple change.) I would pick AA. You do not need an AA flight for them to ticket. If you get an agent who says that , try another.