FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - xONEx online tool bugs thread
View Single Post
Old Aug 12, 2017, 7:29 pm
pandaperth

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by 2old4coach
If you have an inexpensive way to call the usa AA RTW desk can ticket for you. They are the only airline I know that still has a dedicated RTW desk. Most of the smart agents have left since the merger so, that said: Outside the U.S. and Canada, call +1 817-267-1151 and ask for the Around The World Desk.

I would be very careful about buying a ticket with plans to change it latter. I found that is recent years, no airline realy knows the RTW rules. Try to make the tool work, Get a record locator and ticket it with ??? ( I have two RTW tickets with BA, it took one month to make a simple change.) I would pick AA. You do not need an AA flight for them to ticket. If you get an agent who says that , try another.
The number for the AA RTW Desk is +1800 247 3247

After flying the first two segments of my current RTW ticket, I phoned the desk to change every remaining flight - a total re-route. It took 20 minutes to get it done. Phoned back 12 hours later and paid the $125 change fee plus the $43.60 in re-computed taxes, fees and charges. Ticket was re-issued 12 hours after the payment was made.
All-in-all, a very good experience