Wiki Posts
Search

RTW ticket, longest routings ?? [On 20 segment rules]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2006, 8:17 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by ReelChief
I'm not up on QF SCs but how about replacing BOS-MIA-SFO WITH BOS-SFO and correspondingly SYD-ADL-AKL with SYD-PER-ADL-AKL? (adds about 1500 miles).
Only allowed 6 north america segments.

The intra-SWP flights give the least return in terms of status credits, so in that routing they get the 2 left over flights (maximum 20 on xONEx of which using 4 intra-Europe + 4 intra-Asia + 6 intra-North America + SWP->Asia + Asia->North America + North America->Europe + Europe->SWP), one of which needs to be SYD/BNE/MEL/ADL-AKL. Since I didn't want to include surface segments I'm limited to SYD-BNE/MEL/ADL or MEL-SYD/BNE/ADL by the need for one flight number through from LHR. Breaking LHR-OZ into 2 flights (via BKK, SIN or HKG) gets the same number of status credits as LHR-SYD-ADL but less miles.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
With the revelation that KRT is unrestricted european destination I come up with the following DONE4 for SWP that is 70,000 miles and 2490 QF SCs. Can up the flown distance by including SJU and SAL but at a cost of a few SCs due to 2-class business not first, and also up it by including surface segments at cost of separate tickets. Can this routing be tweaked to reach the 2500 SC mark?

AKL-HKG-BOM-HKG-KHI-HKG-JFK-DFW-ANC-DFW-BOS-MIA-SFO-LHR-KRT-LHR-MCT-LHR-SYD-ADL-AKL
Well, until EI leaves OW, I would suggest ...LHR-DXB-DUB-DXB-LHR... as a replacement for LHR-KRT-LHR-MCT-LHR. The DXB-DUB is about 3650 miles, so 20 more QF SC's per segment. And the DXB-DUB is a widebody A330.
Old Jul 22, 2006, 10:45 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, SQ Krisflyer
Itching to travel,,, . As I live in Sydney, I just thought of modifying the suggestions and came up with the following:

syd-HKG-BOM-HKG-KHI-HKG-JFK-DFW-ANC-DFW-BOS-MIA-SFO-LHR-dxb-dub-dxb-LHR-mel-akl-syd

If this looks okay, can IST be replace one of the DXB stops?

If my understanding is correct, QF, BA and AA will produce most QF points. So HKG-BOM-KHI-HKG would be only CX sectors. HKG-JFK would be AA though it is CX metal. Correct?

f
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by foreigner
syd-HKG-BOM-HKG-KHI-HKG-JFK-DFW-ANC-DFW-BOS-MIA-SFO-LHR-dxb-dub-dxb-LHR-mel-akl-syd
No good: -you can only leave Oz once.
If my understanding is correct, QF, BA and AA will produce most QF points.
What class of travel are you considering ? What is your status at the start of the trip?
As DONE4 are a good bit cheaper in Kiwiland at this time its worth starting a DONE4 in NZ

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jul 23, 2006 at 10:18 pm
Old Jul 23, 2006, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
No good: -you can only Oz once.
What class of travel are you considering ? What is your status at the start of the trip?
As DONE4 are a good bit cheaper in Kiwiland at this time its worth starting a DONE4 in NZ
Noted. So, perhaps, mel-cns-syd to end trip. Would do in economy at this time. And, my status is QF Gold.
What about IST to replace one of the DXB stops? Can do?
f
Old Jul 23, 2006, 4:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
...What about IST to replace one of the DXB stops? Can do?
IST is not in the restricted list, so the answer is yes.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 2:21 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Noted. So, perhaps, mel-cns-syd to end trip. Would do in economy at this time. And, my status is QF Gold.
What about IST to replace one of the DXB stops? Can do?
f
Or you could do SYD-AKL-HKG at the start of the trip (MEL-SYD at the end). AKL-HKG has a BA codeshare.

Note the routing is (almost) optimised for a DONE4 crediting to QFF. For a LONE4 there may be better routings (eg LAX-SAL-LAX and LAX-SJU-JFK) since the consideration of 2-class domestic routes booking into first no longer applies.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 5:14 am

Or you could do SYD-AKL-HKG at the start of the trip (MEL-SYD at the end). AKL-HKG has a BA codeshare.

Note the routing is (almost) optimised for a DONE4 crediting to QFF. For a LONE4 there may be better routings (eg LAX-SAL-LAX and LAX-SJU-JFK) since the consideration of 2-class domestic routes booking into first no longer applies.
Good man, Kiwi Flyer. I note about D tickets for two-class services in the USA where there is either Y or F and, with D, you get to fly F and be credited with FF points and SCs for F. I understand. If I note down the revised itinerary below, how do you fit LAX-SAL-LAX and LAX-SJU-JFK into the equation?

syd-akl-hkg-BOM-HKG-KHI-HKG-JFK-DFW-ANC-DFW-BOS-MIA-SFO-LHR-dxb-dub-dxb-LHR-mel-syd

FYI, during my trip in the USA, I would like to be in New York but I dont mind travelling to new cities as I have been to SFO, LAX, DFW, MIA. Turnaround time in each city no more than 2 nights.

Grateful for your suggestions.

f
Old Jul 24, 2006, 5:26 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
....If I note down the revised itinerary below, how do you fit LAX-SAL-LAX and LAX-SJU-JFK into the equation?

syd-akl-hkg-BOM-HKG-KHI-HKG-JFK-DFW-ANC-DFW-BOS-MIA-SFO-LHR-dxb-dub-dxb-LHR-mel-syd
Unfortunately it shortens the mileage by over 2% unless you can have 7 segments in NA. You would do
syd-akl-hkg-BOM-HKG-KHI-HKG-JFK-LAX-SAL-LAX-SJU-JFK-ORD-LHR-dxb-dub-dxb-LHR-mel-syd

However ANC flights are seasonal and only operate 3 months of the year (june to early september), which might be a consideration.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 12:53 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by number_6
syd-akl-hkg-BOM-HKG-KHI-HKG-JFK-LAX-SAL-LAX-SJU-JFK-ORD-LHR-dxb-dub-dxb-LHR-mel-syd
Thats an invalid routing as it has 2 north america transcontinental legs (JFK-LAX and LAX-SJU).

One possible routing that includes SJU and gets the same QFF SCs (but at least 800 more points) on a LONEx is
jfk-sju-lax-dfw-anc-dfw-sfo

I haven't played with routings for LONE4 so not sure if that is optimal.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 1:02 pm

...One possible routing that includes SJU and gets the same QFF SCs (but at least 800 more points) on a LONEx is
jfk-sju-lax-dfw-anc-dfw-sfo
I know nothing about QFF Points/SCs, but lax-dfw-anc-ord-sfo is a little longer.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 3:06 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by Viajero
I know nothing about QFF Points/SCs, but lax-dfw-anc-ord-sfo is a little longer.
Good find, and lax-ord-anc is longer than lax-dfw-anc. Same QFF SCs but more points.

jfk-sju-lax-ord-anc-ord-sfo
Old Jul 24, 2006, 3:08 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

With the revelation that KRT is unrestricted european destination I come up with the following DONE4 for SWP that is 70,000 miles and 2490 QF SCs. Can up the flown distance by including SJU and SAL but at a cost of a few SCs due to 2-class business not first, and also up it by including surface segments at cost of separate tickets. Can this routing be tweaked to reach the 2500 SC mark?

AKL-HKG-BOM-HKG-KHI-HKG-JFK-DFW-ANC-DFW-BOS-MIA-SFO-LHR-KRT-LHR-MCT-LHR-SYD-ADL-AKL
Does JO have business class? If so then once JL & JO joins one world it will be possible to get 2550 QF SCs I think.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 3:14 pm

...and lax-ord-anc is longer...
If staying in ANC, fine, but not so good a connection for an ANC MR.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 3:46 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Platinum OW Emerald
Itching to travel,,, . As I live in Sydney, I just thought of modifying the suggestions and came up with the following:

If this looks okay, can IST be replace one of the DXB stops?

If my understanding is correct, QF, BA and AA will produce most QF points. So HKG-BOM-KHI-HKG would be only CX sectors. HKG-JFK would be AA though it is CX metal. Correct?

f
A further way to increase points is LHR-IST-LHR-MCT-LHR, as these are on BA you also collect your status bonus.

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.