Old Jan 29, 2006, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
{deleted - erroneous information}

Last edited by christep; Jan 30, 2006 at 1:30 am
Old Jan 29, 2006, 7:29 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by christep
Yes. There is only one transcon there: PER-MEL. CNS is mid-con, much like doing LAX-ORD-JFK-SFO
I'm by no means an expert of this and am not pretending to be one... (I checked against the OW Validator when I first saw it.)

But, the OW Validator failed that section, but the Star File that I read (from http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=27) seems to say it's OK...

136N . 7. WITHIN AUSTRALIA - 1 NONSTOP OR SINGLE PLANE
137N . FLIGHT PERMITTED BETWEEN THE FOLLOWING
138N . CITIES:
139N . * BNE/CNS/SYD AND PER
140N . EXCEPTION - NO RESTRICTION BETWEEN SYD-PER
141N . FOR
142N . PASSENGERS ORIGINATING PER OR NEW ZEALAND
143N . WHEN IN
144N . CONJUNCTION WITH TRAVEL TO/FROM AFRICA
145N . * MEL/SYD AND DRW
146N . * MEL/SYD AND BME
147N . EXCEPTION - NO RESTRICTION BETWEEN SYD/MEL-
148N . PER
149N . FOR PASSENGERS ORIGINATING IN PER WHEN IN ¥
150N . CONJUNCTION WITH TRAVEL TO/FROM ¥
151N . JNB/BOM/SHA/PEK
Old Jan 29, 2006, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Yes. There is only one transcon there: PER-MEL. CNS is mid-con, much like doing LAX-ORD-JFK-SFO
Originally Posted by Leumas
I'm by no means an expert of this and am not pretending to be one... (I checked against the OW Validator when I first saw it.)

But, the OW Validator failed that section, but the Star File that I read (from http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=27) seems to say it's OK...
CNS-PER is a xONEx defined transcontinental flight.

Up until 15th August last year, MEL was exempt from the Oz Transcon PER limitation (BNE/CNS/SYD AND PER) and you could do -CNS-PER-MEL- . A rule change effective that date then included MEL in the list (e.g. BNE/CNS/SYD/MEL AND PER). The oneWORLD validator was subsequently modified to take this change into account.

For some months, current xONEx rules have not been generally available. About two weeks ago, kanebear posted a copy of the current xONEx STARFILES from SABRE and this MEL-PER limitation had disappeared. So again, MEL<->PER segments can be combined with SYD/BNE/CNS<->PER segments in the same itinery.

I guess the oneWORLD validator may need to be revised if kanebears's rules are correct.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serfty
For some months, current xONEx rules have not been generally available. About two weeks ago, kanebear posted a copy of the current xONEx STARFILES from SABRE and this MEL-PER limitation had disappeared. So again, MEL<->PER segments can be combined with SYD/BNE/CNS<->PER segments in the same itinery.
The MEL-PER restriction is still shown on the QF web site (flight limitations). When the MEL-PER restriction was introduced the restriction was put on the QF web site quickly
Old Jan 30, 2006, 1:27 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Sorry for introducing confusion - my memory was playing tricks on me. According to the latest rules as published by CX in HKG (dated 25 January 2006) the restriction does indeed include Cairns.
Code:
Within Australia - only one nonstop/single plane service flight is permitted between the following points
BNE/CNS/SYD/MEL - PER
MEL/SYD - BME
MEL/SYD - DRW
Exception - No restriction between SYD/MEL - PER for passengers originating in PER 
                    when in conjunction with travel to/from - JNB/BOM/SHA/PEK.
                  - No restriction between SYD/MEL - PER for passengers originating in New Zealand 
                    when in conjunction with travel to/from - JNB
Old Jan 30, 2006, 6:18 am

Programs: CX Diamond, TG ROP Gold, LH Senator, *wood G
All these new rules. Make it very difficult to keep track, and change so often!
Old Jan 30, 2006, 10:21 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Well, yes you can transit through the point of origin, but what you can't do is make a second international departure from the country of origin. So this is only useful if your country of origin has domestic OW flights (US/Canada being the obvious one).
OK, that makes guuzen's ITN above invalid then...I just thought there was some exception as nobody had commented anything...
Old Jan 30, 2006, 2:31 pm

PER-CBR or vv seems like it might be a reasonable way to get back across the outback, guessing that the short flight back to civilization (e.g. SYD) is a cheap local ticket.

PER-ASP (Alice Springs, Qantaslink) and ASP-SYD (QF) are flown, if anyone wants an interesting (??) stop.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 4:51 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
or a SYD-PER-ADL-AUK is another long (and valid) routing, although flights on ADL-AUK are as irregular as PER-CBR
Old Jan 30, 2006, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by moa999
or a SYD-PER-ADL-AUK is another long (and valid) routing, although flights on ADL-AUK are as irregular as PER-CBR
Are you suggesting that Qantas doesn't keep to their once-daily service (sometimes ex-Monday, with an extra Saturday flight to make up for it) or that almost-once-daily is paltry? (fwiw, CBR-SYD costs USD89++ according to Expedia)
Old Jan 30, 2006, 7:41 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
just once-a-day is paltry for the mileage runners who are normally trying to minimise connections times.

Current SYD-CBR red e-deals is A$103 or its a 3-hr drive.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Currently ADL-AKL flight are operated as Red-Eye's on Sundays, Tuesdays & Thursdays.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

& PER-CBR Red-Eye Weekdays & 15:15-22:15 Saturdays & Sundays
Old Jul 21, 2006, 1:35 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
With the revelation that KRT is unrestricted european destination I come up with the following DONE4 for SWP that is 70,000 miles and 2490 QF SCs. Can up the flown distance by including SJU and SAL but at a cost of a few SCs due to 2-class business not first, and also up it by including surface segments at cost of separate tickets. Can this routing be tweaked to reach the 2500 SC mark?

AKL-HKG-BOM-HKG-KHI-HKG-JFK-DFW-ANC-DFW-BOS-MIA-SFO-LHR-KRT-LHR-MCT-LHR-SYD-ADL-AKL
Old Jul 21, 2006, 7:20 pm

Programs: OW Emerald (AA-EXP, BA-Gold)
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
With the revelation that KRT is unrestricted european destination I come up with the following DONE4 for SWP that is 70,000 miles and 2490 QF SCs. Can up the flown distance by including SJU and SAL but at a cost of a few SCs due to 2-class business not first, and also up it by including surface segments at cost of separate tickets. Can this routing be tweaked to reach the 2500 SC mark?

AKL-HKG-BOM-HKG-KHI-HKG-JFK-DFW-ANC-DFW-BOS-MIA-SFO-LHR-KRT-LHR-MCT-LHR-SYD-ADL-AKL

I'm not up on QF SCs but how about replacing BOS-MIA-SFO WITH BOS-SFO and correspondingly SYD-ADL-AKL with SYD-PER-ADL-AKL? (adds about 1500 miles).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.