Search

RTW ticket, longest routings ?? [On 20 segment rules]

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2005, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ACfly
Wow! that's a long milege run! How many weeks were you planning to spend on the plane?
I actually live in MEL, so factored into my planned itinery are several stopovers; at HKG (2nd time), LAX (3rd Time) and each time in MEL. For the internatinoal stopovers cheapy return fares to MEL and back are being purchased (ie HKG-MEL-HKG for ~AUD890, MEL-ADL for ~AUD100 and ff redemption from LAX)

The actual journey is to be spread over about 50 weeks.

i.e.
CMB-HKG-KHI-HKG
HKG-JFK-SJU-LAX-SJO-LAX-SAL-LAX
LAX-LHR-MCT-LHR-MEL
MEL-CNS-PER-MEL
ADL-AKL-HKG-CMB
Old Jan 24, 2006, 3:59 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I thought I found a routing with even more SCs until I realised the numbers quoted above for DONE4 do not factor in any extra for the bump up into F on 2-class domestic AA flights.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 4:51 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I thought I found a routing with even more SCs until I realised the numbers quoted above for DONE4 do not factor in any extra for the bump up into F on 2-class domestic AA flights.
Actually the segs listed (SJU, SAL, SJO) are Caribbean/Central America routes where AA classes the front cabin as business, not first.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 5:09 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Good point. In that case it is indeed possible to up the SC earning on QF. There are less flown miles - I havent checked if this translates into more or less earned miles (shorter distance offset by higher multiple of flown miles) but suspect probably less.

One example of the US sectors, without relying on seasonal ANC run, that works well for QF SCs is

LAX-ORD-ELP-ORD-LAX-BOS-DFW
Old Jan 24, 2006, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good point. In that case it is indeed possible to up the SC earning on QF. There are less flown miles - I havent checked if this translates into more or less earned miles (shorter distance offset by higher multiple of flown miles) but suspect probably less.

One example of the US sectors, without relying on seasonal ANC run, that works well for QF SCs is

LAX-ORD-ELP-ORD-LAX-BOS-DFW
By replacing the NA segments in my DONE4 you get:

CMB-HKG-NRT-HKG-AKL-MEL-PER-CNS-MEL-LHR-DXB-LHR-LAX-ORD-ELP-ORD-LAX-BOS-DFW,JFK-HKG-CMB

This is 2330 QF SC's if all the NA segments book into A class.

Replacing NRT with KHI and DXB with MCT gives another 40 sc's to make it 2370; not bad without ANC. Of course you still need to wend your way from DFW to JFK.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 11:40 pm

Nice addition although means less earned miles (due to no status bonus on CX).
What does "no status bonus on CX? apply to?
Old Jan 24, 2006, 11:44 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

QFF elite members get bonus points when flying QF, BA or AA. No elite bonus points when flying other OW or partner airlines. This has no impact on status credit earning (for qualifying or requalifying elite status) - only the amount of points you earn to use for awards etc.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JohnAx
What does "no status bonus on CX? apply to?
QFF elite members get bonus points when flying QF, BA or AA. No elite bonus points when flying other OW or partner airlines. This has no impact on status credit earning (for qualifying or requalifying elite status) - only the amount of points you earn to use for awards etc.
Yes, so the AKL-HKG sector on CX is 5704 miles and with the QFF program earns that and an additional ¼ bonus (1426 miles) for being in Business class.

As Kiwi Flyer posted, QF elites get additional bonus miles for QF/AA/BA flights: ¼ for Silver, ½ for Gold and 1/1 for Platinum.

In June I am flying on AA6123 which is a codeshare on CX889: JFK to HKG. As a QFF Platinum, under the AA code I get an extra 8068 miles that I would not recieve under the CX code; a total of 18153 miles for the flight.
Old Jan 29, 2006, 1:09 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
wonder whether building in a SYD-PEK route (fits into Zone 6 at 5,500miles) will get more credits (also gets the added QF mileage bonus vs CX for AKL-HKG)
HKG-PEK is 1,234 miles (so same points as HKG-NRT)
Old Jan 29, 2006, 6:59 am

Programs: CX Diamond, TG ROP Gold, LH Senator, *wood G
HKG-NRT-HKG-JFK-BGI-DFW-ANC-DFW-SJU-LAX-LHR-MCT-LHR-SYD-CNS-PER-MEL-AKL-HKG-KHI-HKG

69777 miles
Old Jan 29, 2006, 10:30 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by guuzen
HKG-NRT-HKG-JFK-BGI-DFW-ANC-DFW-SJU-LAX-LHR-MCT-LHR-SYD-CNS-PER-MEL-AKL-HKG-KHI-HKG

69777 miles
HKG-BOM-HKG gives a bit more mileage...I suppose in Asia it's legal to transit through the point of origin...?

Last edited by NoWindowSeat; Jan 29, 2006 at 10:36 am
Old Jan 29, 2006, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
HKG-BOM-HKG gives a bit more mileage...I suppose in Asia it's legal to transit through the point of origin...?
nope.. cannot transit through point of origin even if you start in Asia..
Old Jan 29, 2006, 4:53 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
DFW-ANC-DFW-SJU-LAX
Only if you spend a long time in Dallas or Puerto Rico. ANC services and LAX-SJU are both seasonal, and not the same seasons.
Old Jan 29, 2006, 6:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by tfung
nope.. cannot transit through point of origin even if you start in Asia..
Well, yes you can transit through the point of origin, but what you can't do is make a second international departure from the country of origin. So this is only useful if your country of origin has domestic OW flights (US/Canada being the obvious one).
Old Jan 29, 2006, 7:04 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
SYD-CNS-PER-MEL-AKL
Can you cross Australia twice like this? I thought there's only one trans-con flight allowed in Australia, similar to NA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.