Wiki Posts
Search

Ultimate global A/D/LONE3/4/5/6 pricing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by anabolism
Do people generally purchase a separate RT from their home to the RtW origination, or is that not worth it, and instead people keep one RtW active at all times, so when they are home they are technically in the middle of the last RtW?
That is very much a personal choice. I know some FTers that simply sandwich a RTW from a cheap locale with a cheap paid or award round trip to that location.

Others may, as you suggest, just cycle endlessly through RTWs starting each where the previous left off. (One thing to factor in here is if that origin become more expensive, eg Cairo used to be cheap but is no longer, then some of the savings may be eroded in getting to the new cheap origin.)

Others, the true experts, nest multiple RTWs (of same or different alliances) running concurrently which can provide an enormous degree of flexibility for uber flyers, but is also naturally much more complex to make them work efficiently.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 11:01 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
I should point out that the fares in the spreadsheet have not been updated in a while. I've been meaning to do another update, but simply haven't gotten around to it. It's worthwhile to double-check prices for attractive destinations on ExpertFlyer before embarking on a planning exercise. It's still on my to-do list. Self-interest is usually a good motivator, and since I'm due to start a few new RTWs soon, the incentive for an update is definitely there.

As for pasting data into Excel, that can be tricky. The "Text To Columns" function is generally the way to go, but it sometimes it requires extensive post-processing. Try copying the data in your web browser, then use "Paste Special..." to paste it as text only. After that, use "Text To Columns."
Old Feb 10, 2007, 1:25 pm

I have finally gotten around to updating the RTW Fare spreadsheet with the latest xONEx fares and exchange rates.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by WearyBizTrvlr
I have finally gotten around to updating the RTW Fare spreadsheet with the latest xONEx fares and exchange rates.
Thank you for all your work updating your terrific Excel sheet. All previous versions worked perfectly on a Mac, but today's won't refresh when I change any of the pull-down menus. Previously on the oneworld page I could go from Business Class to First Class and the data would automatically change. Now it's just stuck on the same Business page.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 3:52 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Thank you so much, WBT.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Full Score
Thank you for all your work updating your terrific Excel sheet. All previous versions worked perfectly on a Mac, but today's won't refresh when I change any of the pull-down menus. Previously on the oneworld page I could go from Business Class to First Class and the data would automatically change. Now it's just stuck on the same Business page.
I'm having the same problem on my PC...
Old Feb 10, 2007, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Full Score
Same here.

I really appreciate the spreadsheet! ^ ^ ^

This version doesn't work for me on a Mac, but the previous one did.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 4:09 pm

The problem might be that Excel is not recalculating automatically. You can force a recalculation on the Mac by pressing cmd+=, and F9 under Windows. You can also change the setting globally under Preferences -> Calculation (Mac) or Tools -> Options (PC).

I hope that fixes your probems, otherwise I'll need to dig deeper.

Last edited by WearyBizTrvlr; Feb 10, 2007 at 4:14 pm Reason: Add PC information
Old Feb 10, 2007, 4:15 pm

I should also point out that I've already had one report of a stale price (Sri Lanka), so it looks like there may be others as well. I'll wait a little while before uploading another version to try to catch as many of these in one go as possible.
Old Feb 10, 2007, 5:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The problem might be that Excel is not recalculating automatically. You can force a recalculation on the Mac by pressing cmd+=, and F9 under Windows. You can also change the setting globally under Preferences -> Calculation (Mac) or Tools -> Options (PC).

I hope that fixes your probems, otherwise I'll need to dig deeper.
Yes - the spreadsheet is just set to manual recalculate. Thanks WearyBizTrvlr ^
Old Feb 11, 2007, 6:59 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Thanks again, WearyBizTrvlr. ^

About those links to the OW star files... The ones for the Circle Indian Ocean - and its link to fares - seem to be out of date. I know I seem to be the only person on FT (if not the world) using these fares, but any chance they could be refreshed with up to date versions?
Old Feb 11, 2007, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Yes - the spreadsheet is just set to manual recalculate. Thanks WearyBizTrvlr ^
On a Mac, go to Preferences:Calculation and change to Automatic. As pointed out, for a temporary change use Cmd=
Old Feb 11, 2007, 7:27 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
I have again updated the copies of the rules for all the OW products sold by CX in Hong Kong at http://www.christen.demon.co.uk/CXRule/ Although these say "for Travel Originating in HK" I believe that the only items specific to such are the prices.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 11:45 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by christep
I have again updated the copies of the rules for all the OW products sold by CX in Hong Kong at http://www.christen.demon.co.uk/CXRule/ Although these say "for Travel Originating in HK" I believe that the only items specific to such are the prices.
As ever, thanks for posting these. Though I think there's a problem with the location you're pointing to for the Circle Pacific rules.
Old Feb 11, 2007, 4:37 pm

Programs: Starwood, AA
I should also point out that I've already had one report of a stale price (Sri Lanka), so it looks like there may be others as well. I'll wait a little while before uploading another version to try to catch as many of these in one go as possible.
what IS the price from CMB?
thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.