Wiki Posts
Search

Ultimate global A/D/LONE3/4/5/6 pricing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2006, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Full Score
Many thanks for all the additional info.

Presumably you flew MRU-(JNB)-LHR-xxxxx as I can't find a way to fly First Class from JNB to the east unless going as far as SYD. Are there any flights to Asia where one can travel A, not D?

Also, please, is there an updated Excel spreadsheet available anywhere? The latest is dated early July 06?
I believe he was planning something like: MRU-LHR-DXB-LHR-USA-----
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Full Score
Many thanks for all the additional info.

Presumably you flew MRU-(JNB)-LHR-xxxxx as I can't find a way to fly First Class from JNB to the east unless going as far as SYD. Are there any flights to Asia where one can travel A, not D?

Also, please, is there an updated Excel spreadsheet available anywhere? The latest is dated early July 06?
You can fly CX JNB-HKG on an AONEx.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 10:59 am

Programs: OW Emerald (AA-EXP, BA-Gold)
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
I believe he was planning something like: MRU-LHR-DXB-LHR-USA-----
Right. My wife and I just flew MRU-LHR-DXB-LHR-LAX-- the first 3 segments were contiguous- tight connection but doable.

Last year on an AONE5 we did fly JNB-SYD- a very pleasant experience on QF-- but next time are considering the JNB-HKG on CX748- which I believe is a seasonal First with the F/A season just starting this week (so would not have been available for us last week).
Old Oct 27, 2006, 1:43 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by ReelChief
but next time are considering the JNB-HKG on CX748- which I believe is a seasonal First with the F/A season just starting this week (so would not have been available for us last week).
Be warned that A inventory on this route - being seasonal - is harder to come by.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 6:29 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Romania and Bulgaria

I found the Romania/Bulgaria OWE and GlobEx fares on Amadeus. BA, CX, QF, IB all show the same tariff; AA doesn't have a fare published there.

The fares are indeed Euro-denominated and are identical with each other, thus:

Priced in EUR
Code:
LONE3	1810
LGLOB26	1810
LONE4	2250
LGLOB29	2250
LONE5	2790
LGLOB34	2790
LONE6	3260
LGLOB39	3260
DONE3	4800
DONE4	5200
DGLOB34	5200
DONE5	5900
DONE6	6800
AONE3	6900
AONE4	7700
AGLOB34	7700
AONE5	8700
AONE6	9800
I don't know how the numbers that appear on the Sabre star file got there, and this might not be the definitive last word on the matter, but it removes (from me at least) any lingering hopes that somebody could get a bargain in Romania or Bulgaria, at least easily.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 6:17 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Somebody getting BA or IB to verify that price ex-South Africa would be great.
I can confirm the AONE4 and DONE4 prices are correct - BA here quoted me the same. (I asked them for all the *ONE* fares but they were all pi$$y and said they needed an itinerary to quote a fare and so I just mocked up a couple and got the travel agent to get the quotes.)
Old Nov 16, 2006, 6:38 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Vietnam?

Has anybody found any OW XONEX pricing out of Vietnam?
Old Nov 16, 2006, 8:39 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Originally Posted by willyroo
Has anybody found any OW XONEX pricing out of Vietnam?
From Sabre -

Code:
123N VIETNAM                                      
124N --------                                           
125N .                                                     
126N CURRENCY - USD                                       
127N CONTINENT - ASIA                                         
128N .                                                     
129N ------------------------------------------------------ 
130N I FARE I SEASO I THREE  I FOUR C I FIVE CO I SIX CON I
131N I BAS  I N     I CONTIN I ONTINE I NTINENT I TINENTS I 
132N I IS   I       I ENTS   I NTS    I S       I         I 
133N ------------------------------------------------------
134N I AONE I ALL   I 7959   I 9098   I 10360   I 11600   I 
135N I *    I YEAR  I        I        I         I         I 
136N ------------------------------------------------------ 
137N I DONE I ALL   I 5755   I 6582   I 7500    I 8380    I 
138N I *    I YEAR  I        I        I         I         I 
139N ------------------------------------------------------ 
140N I LONE I ALL   I 2549   I 3059   I 3579    I 4389    
141N I *    I YEAR  I        I        I         I
Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:46 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
From Sabre -
Merci buckets!
Old Nov 19, 2006, 7:08 am

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
So what's the latest?

After a bit of an absence from FT (naturally due to too much business-related flying), I'm trying to catch up on the latest developments in xONEx pricing space. I'll try to incorporate the latest data from this thread into the spreadsheet in the near future.

One item I have not seen mentioned here is that ExpertFlyer now has RTW fare information, and quite extensive info at that. I don't know enough web-related programming to slurp it all down, even if that potentially were not to run afoul of legal issues. Does anyone know whether I could use EF in some systematic way to update the spreadsheet? I can look up the fares by origin manually, but an automated process would obviously be much preferred.

Off to LAX where I will have to get my current DONE4 reissued. Oh joy.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:58 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Originally Posted by WearyBizTrvlr
After a bit of an absence from FT (naturally due to too much business-related flying), I'm trying to catch up on the latest developments in xONEx pricing space. I'll try to incorporate the latest data from this thread into the spreadsheet in the near future.

One item I have not seen mentioned here is that ExpertFlyer now has RTW fare information, and quite extensive info at that. I don't know enough web-related programming to slurp it all down, even if that potentially were not to run afoul of legal issues. Does anyone know whether I could use EF in some systematic way to update the spreadsheet? I can look up the fares by origin manually, but an automated process would obviously be much preferred.

Off to LAX where I will have to get my current DONE4 reissued. Oh joy.
Welcome back and good luck with the reissue. I also hope you can indeed find some way to automate pulling EF's RTW fares into your marvelous spreadsheet. Also, FWIW, the last few times I've tried to update exchange rates using the macro, I get several pages of "#NA" and have to exit the file and reopen it (Undo doesn't work with the macro apparently.)

As a related aside, although EF only acknowledges linking to the alliance RTW fares, one can pull up all sorts of dandy one-off or bi/multi-lateral non-alliance RTW fares there too. Here's a little table containing most J and a couple of interesting F RTW/Circle fares ex USA that I put together (I have no life) that has a couple of interesting entries. (The list is far from exhaustive - who knew there were this many products?)

Code:
Ex - USA (LAX)	Airline	Class	 USD 	Who/what
CRWEKUAN        EK 	C 	 4,848 	EK/UA N Pacific RTW
DRWQFLY	        QF 	D 	 5,342 	QF/LY partner RTW
CEZSQ/SQAPAC    SQ 	D 	 5,696 	SQ stand-alone RTW
DCIR22	        AA 	D 	 5,698 	OW Circle Pac 22K
CRWEKUAS	EK 	C 	 6,251 	EK/UA S Pacific RTW
DCIR26	        AA 	D 	 6,665 	OW Circle Pac 26K
ARWEKUAN	EK 	A 	 6,726 	EK/UA N Pacific F RTW
DRWSQCOR        SQ 	D 	 7,031 	SQ/CO partner RTW
DRWQFAF	        QF 	D 	 7,056 	QF/AF partner RTW
DCIR29SA	AA 	D 	 7,095 	OW Circle Pac 29K
CRWSQVS	        SQ 	D 	 7,160 	SQ/VS partner RTW
CRWESC	        SQ 	D 	 7,310 	SQ/VS/NZ Escapade RTW
DRWNZ1	        NZ 	D 	 7,740 	NZ stand-alone RTW
ARWEKUAS        EK 	A 	 7,821 	EK/UA S Pacific F RTW
DONE3	        AA 	D 	 8,063 	
CRWSTAR1        NZ 	D 	 8,224 	
CRWWJ30	        EK 	C 	 8,353 	EK/CO/KL/AS et al 30K RTW
DONE4	        AA 	D 	 8,923 	
DGLOB34	        AA 	D 	 9,029 	OW Global Explorer RTW
CRWSTAR2        NZ 	D 	 9,406 	
CRWWJ35	        EK 	C 	 9,538 	EK/CO/KL/AS et al 35K RTW
DONE5	        AA 	D 	 9,890 	
CRWSTAR3	SQ 	D 	 11,019 	
DONE6	        AA 	D 	 11,180 	
CRWWJ40	        EK 	C 	 11,232 EK/CO/KL/AS et al 40K RTW
Old Nov 22, 2006, 7:42 am

Programs: Qantas FF Emerald,
Cheapest AONE5 starting point

Hi,

I'm in Cape Town on an AONE6 ex Delhi with my final legs via Jo'Burg and HKK coming up.

I want to go around the world again - Asia has had a price hike - where is the cheapest starting point worldwide as I have airmiles to get there.

FYI
I flew SYD-NYC then NYC-Vancouver on CX within this last ticket - after much argument of whether it was legal and it is.

I also hope the spredsheet can be updated as so useful

cheers

Bobie

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Nov 22, 2006 at 7:51 am Reason: delete lengthy quote
Old Nov 22, 2006, 8:40 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Originally Posted by Bobie
Hi,

I'm in Cape Town on an AONE6... where is the cheapest starting point worldwide as I have airmiles to get there.
Welcome to FT, Bobie, and you don't have to travel too far. Mauritius is the current leader for AONExs. There are several threads in this forum about MRU originations. Check up on the rules about Africa originations/London transits etc. before you commit, though.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 9:39 am

Programs: Qantas FF Emerald,
What a great site!

Thanks for replying so quickly - what a great site!
Can I just clarify a few things having read loads of threads today -

As of July you can't purchase and ticket in 2 different countries therefore closing alot of loopholes toget cheaper tickets?

You say AONE ex MRU is the cheapest place but is it different for a DONE?

Could anyone list the top 3 places to originate for a AONE and a DONE 5 continent?

If you are a QF Emerald FF do you find you are upgraded often to first on a DONE or rarely? (I have been spoilt and there is no going back!)
- I would imagine emeralds on a full fair business get the upgrade first?

Apologies if this is not on the right thread - is there a general OW forum?

Thanks in advance, hopefully I will be able to contribute as I have re-issued my current AONE6 from a hand written CX in Delhi - PER QF - NYC AA !. My first RTW was QF/TW in 1984 and i got 52 stops!

Thanks again,

Bobie

QUOTE=Gardyloo]Welcome to FT, Bobie, and you don't have to travel too far. Mauritius is the current leader for AONExs. There are several threads in this forum about MRU originations. Check up on the rules about Africa originations/London transits etc. before you commit, though.[/QUOTE]
Old Nov 22, 2006, 4:07 pm

Programs: OW Emerald (AA-EXP, BA-Gold)
Originally Posted by Bobie
Thanks for replying so quickly - what a great site!
Can I just clarify a few things having read loads of threads today -

As of July you can't purchase and ticket in 2 different countries therefore closing alot of loopholes toget cheaper tickets?

You say AONE ex MRU is the cheapest place but is it different for a DONE?

Could anyone list the top 3 places to originate for a AONE and a DONE 5 continent?

If you are a QF Emerald FF do you find you are upgraded often to first on a DONE or rarely? (I have been spoilt and there is no going back!)
- I would imagine emeralds on a full fair business get the upgrade first?

Apologies if this is not on the right thread - is there a general OW forum?

Thanks in advance, hopefully I will be able to contribute as I have re-issued my current AONE6 from a hand written CX in Delhi - PER QF - NYC AA !. My first RTW was QF/TW in 1984 and i got 52 stops!

Thanks again,

Bobie
Here are some responses to a few of your questions.
1) For some time (not just July) you had to purchase your ticket in the country of origin (if that is what you are referring to). Purchasing in MRU is easy to do. Starting there is less easy because they seem to have difficulty finding A inventory on MRU-LHR (even when it shows on EF).
2) MRU is MUCH cheaper than any other origin for AONEs. I think the two closest are So. Africa and Qatar and they are at least US$2500 more for AONE4s. MRU is also the best for DONEs but the difference for DONEs is much less- eg. less than US$1000 difference for a DONE4 from MRU versus JNB. And a DONE3 from CMB is slightly less than a DONE4 from MRU—this is relevant in that a 3 continent RTW can be done from CMB but not MRU. Japan and Sweden are also places to consider for DONEs.
3) A question you don’t ask but is prompted by your reference to your AONE6. As has been discussed here, a six continent trip seems very inefficient—and even a five continent trip might be so considered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.