Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ultimate global A/D/LONE3/4/5/6 pricing

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2006, 4:11 pm

Programs: OW Emerald (AA-EXP, BA-Gold)
Originally Posted by WearyBizTrvlr
After a bit of an absence from FT (naturally due to too much business-related flying), I'm trying to catch up on the latest developments in xONEx pricing space. I'll try to incorporate the latest data from this thread into the spreadsheet in the near future.

One item I have not seen mentioned here is that ExpertFlyer now has RTW fare information, and quite extensive info at that. I don't know enough web-related programming to slurp it all down, even if that potentially were not to run afoul of legal issues. Does anyone know whether I could use EF in some systematic way to update the spreadsheet? I can look up the fares by origin manually, but an automated process would obviously be much preferred.

Off to LAX where I will have to get my current DONE4 reissued. Oh joy.
It is good to see you back. I'm very grateful for the effort you have provided in the past with your comparative worksheets. While EF now provides fare information, it is not in the handy comparative form that you provide. While I don't know the answer to your question about how to automate the preparation of the spreadsheet, I hope that you can find the information and time to do so. It would continue to be extremely useful.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 6:34 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ReelChief
....I'm very grateful for the effort you have provided in the past with your comparative worksheets.....
I second ReelChief's comments. I book 8-10 RTWs each year and used to refer to WearyBizTrvlr's spreadsheet on a regular basis. There used to be no other comparable source. I now refer to EF, but it would be SO useful to have all the info once again in one file with up-to-date currency calculations. Fingers crossed that you can find the time to do this once more. If not, many thanks for your past endeavours.
Old Dec 12, 2006, 1:10 am

Programs: Qantas FF Emerald,
Thumbs up AONE6 ex Mauritius

Reelchief you are a star, I'm on my way for half the price.

Well I contacted them in advance by email - smooth as silk. Flew in to pick it up on re-routed old ticket (as $1000 O/W to get to MRU last minute)^ and back to JNB with new ticket on BA (comair economy only and no entertainment). Then surface as far as HKG as using old ticket to fly JNB-HKG (CX) and flying on to Sydney (cx) on second coupon of new MRU ticket. (A long way but all in CX first and think of those extra air miles and the CX lounge @ HKG is amazing....)

A few interesting points ex MRU

I could change the 1st flight date that is normally fixed (ex asia) and did.
Kept the ticket at 16 stops to re-route later hence e-ticket
MRU BA only charge $20 for a re-route all by email and until now always been $125 and a load of hassle
Offered to send it with friend to airport for an immediate turnaround
Ticket inc taxes 27,500 MRU - sooooooo cheap
BA Crew there so efficient and know all the rules, there isn't any of this normal explainations telling people their job
They said there are about 20 of us reguarly dropping in for AONE's!
Highly recommended

Current routing for this price:
MRU-JNB//HKG-SYD-YVR(QF73 via SFO HENCE 1 COUPON)-DFW-SJO-DFW-YVR-NYC(CXFIRST)-GRU-LON-CPT-JNB-MRU

So its my 40th in Sydney for a week, Christmas in Whistler skiing for a week and New Year in Costa Rica on a surf course for 2 weeks (You are only 40 once!) svery excited. Thanks for the initial adviceReelchief
Old Dec 12, 2006, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Expert Flyer won't return ex CMB prices in the local currency (LKR).

I can estimate, but would prefer more precise information.

Can anyone help please?
Old Dec 12, 2006, 9:41 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by serfty
Expert Flyer won't return ex CMB prices in the local currency (LKR).

I can estimate, but would prefer more precise information.

Can anyone help please?
Oanda sez 1 LKR = 0.009262 USD; Amadeus says .009246. Pick 'em.

From Sabre -

Code:
AONE 884900 980000 1105000 1248500
DONE 518500 591200  679800  774200
LONE 241270 289400  333000  383860

Last edited by Gardyloo; Dec 12, 2006 at 9:53 pm
Old Dec 13, 2006, 1:42 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by Bobie
Ticket inc taxes 27,500 MRU - sooooooo cheap
I'll say! That is less than USD850!
Old Dec 13, 2006, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Oanda sez 1 LKR = 0.009262 USD; Amadeus says .009246. Pick 'em.

From Sabre -

Code:
AONE 884900 980000 1105000 1248500
DONE 518500 591200  679800  774200
LONE 241270 289400  333000  383860
Gardyloo, many thanks ... that's what I needed.

Interestingly there's where EF could have some improvement; it quotes USD5657 for an ex CMB DONE4 but the LKR591200 on the above figures comes out at about USD200 less than that.

Maybe it uses an official ROE that is some months behind reality.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 8:59 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Interestingly there's where EF could have some improvement; it quotes USD5657 for an ex CMB DONE4 but the LKR591200 on the above figures comes out at about USD200 less than that.

Translating any currency into USD is seriously risky business these days. Plus, who knows how many LKR<>USD transactions there even are in a given number of days; probably one of those currencies that sends traders in NYC or London to their handbooks when big swaps come up.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 2:41 am

Hi,

Are those prices in LKR correct? If so, I'll just add them to my small but real-time page http://www.guru-group.fi/visti/owe/owe.html
where I try to list those countries that are/might be/have been interesting.

The script I wrote fetches the exchange rate information a couple of times a day and just recalculates the prices in EUR/USD/GBP. Only Egypt, Mauritius and RSA there for now but it's rather easy to add stuff there.

/hv
Old Dec 14, 2006, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

.....Maybe it uses an official ROE that is some months behind reality.
I believe the ROE used by GDS is only adjusted quarterly. Next adjustment is on 01-Jan-07.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 9:16 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Originally Posted by hvisti
Are those prices in LKR correct?
No, I made them up.
Originally Posted by TerryK
I believe the ROE used by GDS is only adjusted quarterly. Next adjustment is on 01-Jan-07.
The notation on Amadeus was that they were from last week.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are two rates used in fare calculations: ROE and BSR. ROE is used to convert NUC to currency of origination. It is always 1.00 for USA origination. BSR is used to convert original currency to purchasing currency when ticketing is done in a different currency. I was referring to the ROE.

For ex-CMB fares, NUC gets converted to LKR using ROE, than converted back to USD using BSR.

Last edited by TerryK; Dec 14, 2006 at 10:50 am
Old Dec 29, 2006, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by hvisti
Hi,

Are those prices in LKR correct? If so, I'll just add them to my small but real-time page http://www.guru-group.fi/visti/owe/owe.html
where I try to list those countries that are/might be/have been interesting.

The script I wrote fetches the exchange rate information a couple of times a day and just recalculates the prices in EUR/USD/GBP. Only Egypt, Mauritius and RSA there for now but it's rather easy to add stuff there.

/hv
Would it be possible to add GIB to the price list. This appears to be an increasingly popular starting point for AONEx and DONEx
Old Jan 2, 2007, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
What is the current best location to purchase *ONE* tickets?

Curiosity,
Thanks,
Nick
Old Jan 2, 2007, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are many definitions of "The Best".

If you mean the least expensive then, of the top of my head, NZ for LONEx's, CMB for DONEx's and MRU for AONEx's.

For recent, but maybe not current pricing, see WearyBizTraveler's Excel RTW Spreadsheet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.