Ultimate global A/D/LONE3/4/5/6 pricing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ultimate global A/D/LONE3/4/5/6 pricing

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2007, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Serfty thanks. Also, apologies for a slightly gullible question.

Also, could you please explain what happened to the INCREDIBLE $850 AONE* fares that existed in MUR? Was is a crash of the local currency, or perhaps a mistake? I am trying to get a feel so that i can be better prepared to snatch up these fares.

Thanks in advance
Nick
Old Jan 3, 2007, 4:33 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
[QUOTE=nick_marquise;6940039]Also, could you please explain what happened to the INCREDIBLE $850 AONE* fares that existed in MUR? /QUOTE]

Sometimes incredible means just that... Fares do not exist at this level.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by conhill
Would it be possible to add GIB to the price list. This appears to be an increasingly popular starting point for AONEx and DONEx
Sure. I've added Sweden and Gibraltar 1st version.

I didn't have the exact pound prices for Gibraltar. I took them from the huge excel sheet but clearly they've gone through at least one currency conversion on god knows what exchange rate. If you've got the current pound prices, please send them to me in a private message and I'll update the script.

/hv
Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:54 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by nick_marquise
Also, could you please explain what happened to the INCREDIBLE $850 AONE* fares that existed in MUR?
I assume you're referring to this post but my remark was ironic - Bobie omitted a digit in his rupee price. Sorry if I misled you.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 5:17 am

Chettah,

Thanks for the clarification . . . as a newb to *ONE* its a steep learning curve at the very beginning.

cheers
Nick212
Old Jan 25, 2007, 8:42 pm

Hi All,

I am really glad to read this thread but I am clueless as to how to read what my new best favorite TA has listed here. I don't want to assume anything so any help in reading this would be great. What I am looking in this forum for is comparison pricing for circle pacific fares vs. a RTW ticket - if you can help that'd be great - I am trying to keep my plans flexible as possible.
Old Feb 2, 2007, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Sorry but I did a search but couldn't find the details on this question: if I wanted to buy the cheapest LONE4 fare, do I need to start at NZ, or can I call the QF office in AKL and inquire about a LONE4 ticket starting from LAX?
Old Feb 2, 2007, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by kebosabi
Sorry but I did a search but couldn't find the details on this question: if I wanted to buy the cheapest LONE4 fare, do I need to start at NZ, or can I call the QF office in AKL and inquire about a LONE4 ticket starting from LAX?
No. You must buy the ticket in NZ (or from a travel agent or airline office in NZ) and start the trip from NZ. If you buy the ticket in the US to start in NZ you will pay the US price. If you start a trip in the US you will pay the US price.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 5:59 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Expert Flyer fare tables > Excel table??

I've been trying to copy and past fare tables from Expertflyer into a sortable Excel spreadsheet but I find my parsing prowess is poor. Does anybody know how to copy and paste, parse and sort EF's tables without importing all the line breaks, miscellaneous borders and doodads at the same time? If this is really silly, apologies.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 6:52 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
I've been trying to copy and past fare tables from Expertflyer into a sortable Excel spreadsheet but I find my parsing prowess is poor. Does anybody know how to copy and paste, parse and sort EF's tables without importing all the line breaks, miscellaneous borders and doodads at the same time? If this is really silly, apologies.
If you paste the table from EF into Excel as Text using Paste Special option it will put each line of the fare table into one cell in Excel.

You then highlight all the rows and select Data / Text to Columns options from the Excel menu. Select the Delimited option then on the next screen tick the Space option. Click Next and Finish and you should get something like you want.

Last edited by Moomba; Feb 3, 2007 at 7:06 am Reason: oop wrote word instead of excel in the first line
Old Feb 3, 2007, 7:08 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by Moomba
If you paste the table from EF into Excel as Text using Paste Special option it will put each line of the fare table into one cell in Excel.

You then highlight all the rows and select Data / Text to Columns options from the Excel menu. Select the Delimited option then on the next screen tick the Space option. Click Next and Finish and you should get something like you want.
Thanks, that's exactly what I've been doing and it works okay, but tedious. I tried pasting into Excel directly using the "text to columns" method but it doesn't work.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Gardyloo
Thanks, that's exactly what I've been doing and it works okay, but tedious. I tried pasting into Excel directly using the "text to columns" method but it doesn't work.
If I select the fare table (and nothing but the table) and then click on Excel's paste button it works just great, each table item going into a different cell and the columns nicely aligned. What am I doing right?
Old Feb 6, 2007, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by WearyBizTrvlr
I've taken the liberty of using this data to put together a spreadsheet with all the RTW fares for oneworld, SkyTeam and Star Alliance. It still needs a bit of work, but those who're interested can download it here.
This looks like a terrifically useful tool -- thanks!

I feel like a complete idiot, but I'm a bit confused by how to use it. I want to book a OW RtW trip, so I click the "OneWorld" sheet, and since I'm in the US and think in terms of USD, I pick "USD" for the currency. I can then pick "Business" or "First" for the class. Am I on the right track so far? What does the "compare to" cell do? Compare what to what? What do the "Maximum Difference" and "Difference to" cells show?

I assume the tool shows how much you can save by starting a RtW in some place other than where you live, and purchasing a separate ticket to get to/from that point? If so, how do you determine which point is best, and how would you then purchase the ticket?
Old Feb 6, 2007, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Originally Posted by anabolism
Am I on the right track so far? What does the "compare to" cell do? Compare what to what? What do the "Maximum Difference" and "Difference to" cells show?
Yes. If you roll your cursor over each of the cells there's a popup which explains what it is.
Originally Posted by anabolism
I assume the tool shows how much you can save by starting a RtW in some place other than where you live, and purchasing a separate ticket to get to/from that point? If so, how do you determine which point is best, and how would you then purchase the ticket?
Yes. And the discussions in this board are basically about two things:
1) Working out the subtleties of the rules
2) Working out the best routings, starting points, and how to purchase tickets there.

You can use search to look to see if a particular starting/purchasing point has been discussed, and if not feel free to start a new topic.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by christep
Yes. If you roll your cursor over each of the cells there's a popup which explains what it is.
So there is -- I apologize for not seeing this before (I also missed seeing "North America" in the "Compare to" pop-up list, which added to my confusion). Thanks!
Yes. And the discussions in this board are basically about two things:
1) Working out the subtleties of the rules
2) Working out the best routings, starting points, and how to purchase tickets there.

You can use search to look to see if a particular starting/purchasing point has been discussed, and if not feel free to start a new topic.
Do people generally purchase a separate RT from their home to the RtW origination, or is that not worth it, and instead people keep one RtW active at all times, so when they are home they are technically in the middle of the last RtW?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.