Wiki Posts
Search

Status check for RTW ticket through Qantas

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2024, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Status check for RTW ticket through Qantas

Hi experts at flyertalk,

I recently booked a OW RTW ticket starting from CAI. The initial routes are CAI-AMM, DOH-HKG, HKG-MEL, etc.. I called Qantas to add a flight segment for AMM-DOH a few weeks ago, but from Cathay Pacific app, this segment was never issued.

I then called Qantas again today for issuing the AMM-DOH segment. After an hour wait, the agent told me he still worked on the request and would call me back within 24 hours. Interestingly, the reservation now is changed to DOH-HKG, HKG-MEL, etc.. and the CAI-AMM segment is missing. More interestingly, from Cathay Pacific app, it shows all the segments are not issued except the DOH-HKG. I am not sure if I should worry about this, but
it seems to me that the entire ticket is somehow canceled. If so, is there a way to reinstate the ticket?

By the way, I have the ticket number (starting with 081). Is there a way to check the ticket status instead of checking on Cathay Pacific app?
Old May 21, 2024, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zzzzyyds
I recently booked a OW RTW ticket starting from CAI. The initial routes are CAI-AMM, DOH-HKG, HKG-MEL, etc.. I called Qantas to add a flight segment for AMM-DOH a few weeks ago, but from Cathay Pacific app, this segment was never issued.

I then called Qantas again today for issuing the AMM-DOH segment. After an hour wait, the agent told me he still worked on the request and would call me back within 24 hours. Interestingly, the reservation now is changed to DOH-HKG, HKG-MEL, etc.. and the CAI-AMM segment is missing. More interestingly, from Cathay Pacific app, it shows all the segments are not issued except the DOH-HKG. I am not sure if I should worry about this, but it seems to me that the entire ticket is somehow canceled. If so, is there a way to reinstate the ticket?

By the way, I have the ticket number (starting with 081). Is there a way to check the ticket status instead of checking on Cathay Pacific app?
Have you flown the first segment?
Qatar QR manage my booking will accept an e-ticket number.

OP's other thread on this trip.. Link RTW ticket with a separate booking reservation
Has this post 28 March 2024
Thank you. Yes this is ticketed by Qantas. I tried to create CAI-DOH-HKG but the tool said that the first segment cannot be operated by QR, and I had to book CAI-AMM with RJ instead.

I contacted QF after the original ticket is confirmed and issued, and they tried to add another segment from AMM to DOH operated by RJ. I am able to see this segment on my PNR, however, it says ticket is confirmed but is not issued. From what I was told, QF is not able to reprice this ticket.. I am curious whether I need to call them to remove this unissued CAI-AMM segment, or just leave it as it is?

I may have to leave enough time for the layover in AMM to avoid any delays or the unexpected
Old May 21, 2024, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Have you flown the first segment?
Nope, I haven't flown the RTW ticket yet.

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Qatar QR manage my booking will accept an e-ticket number.
Luckily, I am still able to retrieve my booking with the eticket number on QR. The result is the same, CAI-AMM segment is missing.. What does this indicate :/
Old May 21, 2024, 2:55 am
R2

According to the fare rules: If you haven't flown the first segment and you are making a routing change (adding a segment), the ticket will be recalculated to the current fare.
Old May 21, 2024, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by R2
According to the fare rules: If you haven't flown the first segment and you are making a routing change (adding a segment), the ticket will be recalculated to the current fare.
Will they cancel the original ticket and issue a new one without my authorization?
Old May 21, 2024, 9:25 am
R2

They wouldn't issue a new ticket unless they got payment for the fare difference I would imagine. I understood from your initial post that the original ticket was issued with AMM-DOH as a surface segment. You then (after the issue of the original ticket) wanted to add a flight segment there. Even if it was unintentional from your part but you approved the flight reservations and paid for the ticket then you're probably facing an uphill battle. Hope you manage to sort it out, please report back.
Old May 21, 2024, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by R2
They wouldn't issue a new ticket unless they got payment for the fare difference I would imagine. I understood from your initial post that the original ticket was issued with AMM-DOH as a surface segment. You then (after the issue of the original ticket) wanted to add a flight segment there. Even if it was unintentional from your part but you approved the flight reservations and paid for the ticket then you're probably facing an uphill battle. Hope you manage to sort it out, please report back.
Thanks. I didnt pay any fare difference and just asked for adding a segment. :/
Old May 21, 2024, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
They will reinstate inadvertently cancelled segments in my experience, so if your ticket was never reissued then you "should" be able to demand they reinstate the broken itinerary.

But I think this came up in earlier conversation in other threads, you can't add AMM-DOH onto the itinerary until you land in AMM and that coupon shows as used. Otherwise you're triggering a re-fare and that original fare isn't there anymore. I think you have been given very good advice in that thread to just hold tight until you've flown the segment, we all knew that once the ex-CAI fare got repriced then no ticketed point changes would be possible until the first segment is flown. (well without forking out several thousand dollars extra)

For other departure points, a re-fare isn't an issue since they aren't volatile. It's only the recent ex-CAI that you don't want re-fared.

I do hope you get your ticket back, but QF have demonstrated a strong lack of cooperation recently on these tickets.
Old May 22, 2024, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dvs7310
They will reinstate inadvertently cancelled segments in my experience, so if your ticket was never reissued then you "should" be able to demand they reinstate the broken itinerary.

But I think this came up in earlier conversation in other threads, you can't add AMM-DOH onto the itinerary until you land in AMM and that coupon shows as used. Otherwise you're triggering a re-fare and that original fare isn't there anymore. I think you have been given very good advice in that thread to just hold tight until you've flown the segment, we all knew that once the ex-CAI fare got repriced then no ticketed point changes would be possible until the first segment is flown. (well without forking out several thousand dollars extra)

For other departure points, a re-fare isn't an issue since they aren't volatile. It's only the recent ex-CAI that you don't want re-fared.

I do hope you get your ticket back, but QF have demonstrated a strong lack of cooperation recently on these tickets.
Thank you.

I received a phone call from Qantas, and they told me they are able to issue the tickets with AMM-DOH but one segment has to be changed as the original one has no availability. I accepted the change. They asked for $125 change fee per person, but got it waived upon my request.

They assured the new ticket will be issued within 24 hours. Now it has been more than 12 hours and still its not issued yet
Old May 22, 2024, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Thank you.

I received a phone call from Qantas, and they told me they are able to issue the tickets with AMM-DOH but one segment has to be changed as the original one has no availability. I accepted the change. They asked for $125 change fee per person, but got it waived upon my request.

They assured the new ticket will be issued within 24 hours. Now it has been more than 12 hours and still its not issued yet
Wow, I'm shocked. QF may be turning a new leaf. I know not to look a gift horse in the mouth but I think I'd have inquired about CAI-DOH directly then without the AMM detour, even if it was $125.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.