Reload this Page >

Oneworld product pricing - PLEASE READ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld product pricing - PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2021, 12:39 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold née Platinum; AA Plat.
Hi - is there a spreadsheet posted anywhere that shows up-to-date pricing of One World Explorer (and/or Global Explorer fares) from different origination (or purchase) locations? I seem to remember there was such a sheet a decade ago that was linked to FT, but I assume it hasn't kept pace with recent changes to the product. Alternatively, should I just be searching for pricing on a paid platform (like Expert Flyer)? Thank you.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by jgold
Hi - is there a spreadsheet posted anywhere that shows up-to-date pricing of One World Explorer (and/or Global Explorer fares) from different origination (or purchase) locations? I seem to remember there was such a sheet a decade ago that was linked to FT, but I assume it hasn't kept pace with recent changes to the product. Alternatively, should I just be searching for pricing on a paid platform (like Expert Flyer)? Thank you.
I use EF. Note that sometimes an origination is the cheapest for a particular product (e.g., a DONE4) but a different origination is cheaper for a different product (e.g., a DONE5).
Old Feb 24, 2022, 4:07 am

Hello,

Can someone let me know how to search for DONE4 or 5 on ExperFlyer.

Thank You
Old Feb 24, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Click on 'Fare Information'

Enter a city or airport in the country of interest as both the departure airport and the arrival airport
(so for example, if you're wanting the ex-UK fares you can enter LON for both departing airport and arriving airport, or LHR for both, or MAN or...)

Put the airline code of a Oneworld airline in the airline(s) field (e.g. BA)

Put 'D' in the Class Code

Choose a Currency (e.g. GBP)

Click 'Search'
BlueHorizonUK likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 9:16 am
Moderator, OneWorld
Original Poster

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
Hello,

Can someone let me know how to search for DONE4 or 5 on ExperFlyer.

Thank You
Sure. First, you'll need a full subscription to EF, not one of their freebie trial packages.

Then click on the "fare information" box, and when that screen appears, but the same airport code into the "Departing airport," "Arriving airport" and "Purchasing city" boxes. Put any "departing dare" you like in that box (but I usually enter a month or so from the present) and enter at least one Oneworld airline code in the appropriate box. I usually use AA or BA. Choose whatever currency you want the options to show (USD is the default) and press "Search."

You'll get the results screen that looks like this:

...on which you can see the base fares (before taxes and fees) for various Oneworld RTW products.

You will need to do this for each country from which you contemplate starting a RTW trip. You can get similar results for Star Alliance or Skyteam RTW products by inserting one of those alliances' airline codes in the "airlines" box, or reduce the length of the list by specifying which cabin (Y, J, F) you want to use, etc. Leaving the "airlines" boxes empty will cause the tool to put all results from all carriers, which can be quite lengthy. Note you can also click on the "rules" icon to see the various products' rules.

This can be a tedious exercise if you're looking for the cheapest (meaning what?) origin point. Remember that taxes, fees and "positioning" costs will be on top of the base fare.

Good luck!
BlueHorizonUK and dmax801 like this.

Last edited by Gardyloo; Feb 24, 2022 at 9:22 am
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:50 am

Thank you all so much.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 2:08 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Doing a bit of speculation on wandering, I put a request into ExpertFlyer to see what the current OneWorld RTW fares are exPerth.
In among the expected xONEx and xGLOBx fares I found: xCAP(12/15) where x is L,R,D or A

And the prices were "interesting"
Can some one with full reservation system access please explain these new entries? The normal search engines provided no suggestions.
I always look for less expensive wandering
Fred
Old Nov 23, 2022, 3:38 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
Doing a bit of speculation on wandering, I put a request into ExpertFlyer to see what the current OneWorld RTW fares are exPerth.
In among the expected xONEx and xGLOBx fares I found: xCAP(12/15) where x is L,R,D or A

And the prices were "interesting"
Can some one with full reservation system access please explain these new entries? The normal search engines provided no suggestions.
I always look for less expensive wandering
Fred
Hi Fred

these are the old "Circle Asia/Pacific" fares that were discontinued some time ago
and then quietly resurrected (only by Qantas) back in 2020 and called "Circle Asia Pass"
MPMs of 12,000 or 15,000 miles. East Asia + Australia/New Zealand only.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 10:56 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Though QF seems to have added premium economy (class R) in this iteration.
Now to keep within the mileage limits. My first pass exPerth on gcmap hit 15K exactly.....
Happy wandering
Fred

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.